PDA

View Full Version : The worry continues...

jennyjo
10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
So I am still trying to absorb what this SLE diagnosis means... sigh.. am I gonna die? I just started having symptoms about 5 months ago and got the doctor right away. Why me? Why would anybody get this? How am I supposed to move on? I have 2 small children and a husband. I am only 33 yrs old! Thx for listening ;0

Bonita
10-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Dear Jennyjo You have many friends here who will help you through this. When i was diagnosised with lupus and myositis no one in either of my moms or dads family has this so i did a lot of research and found a good rhuemotologist. Sometimes other people do not know what you are going through because you look normal to them that is why this is a good web site for answers to your questions. With the right meds you will get better but this will not go away but you will learn to deal with the bad and good days. I know that this is a scary thing but know others care about you. Love and prayers Bonita

rob
10-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey there Jenny,

I sent you a PM. I know this is frightening stuff, but hang in there. Our outlook is usually far better than the dismal outcomes we can think up in our minds on long dark nights filled with worry. Lupus is not an end.

Rob

mountaindreamer
10-15-2009, 07:40 AM
hi jennyjo, please don't worry about everything. A lupus diagnosis is incredibly frightening, and creates serious questions about the future. But, things can be ok. I had my first symptoms when i was in my 20's and 30's. Then, i went several years with minimal effects. I am now in my mid 50's, my lupus is very active, but i am still kicking (just not as high). There is the chance of remission, there is the chance that the medications will give you substantial relief, and there is the chance that a cure will be discovered. I have found that my lupus diagnosis has meant that i have to make more decisions about what i can do each day, and sometimes it changes the daily plans that i have made. Like othere here, we learn to adjust our lives to include this beastly disease....it is a part of our lives, but it does not have to define our lives. I am including the site for "the spoon theory". Please read this and print for others to read. A lupus diagnosis does mean that you have to make choices, but it does not mean that your life is over.....it teaches you to cherish the precious moments that you have each day. www.butyoudontlooksick.com/na...SpoonTheory.pdf. ........just remember, we are here, and we will help you walk this path.