PDA

View Full Version : Bad News About Me :(

ashleybaby715
10-13-2009, 02:23 PM
so i've been coughing non stop, and just feeling sick for a week now, so 2 days ago, i went to the ER and they did chest xrays and stuff and it was scary cuz they made everyone in the waiting room sit with masks on and everything. but turns out i have walking pneumonia. which is like regular pneumonia cept i didn't need to be admitted.
but it just sucks because its a constant annoying cough that just wont go away! i've bruised my ribs from coughing soo much and my jaw actually hurts from coughing so much too!

they started me on antibiotics and they have me taking delsum (spelling?) cough medicine for my coughing....tho it doesn't work!!
ughhh!
this is terrible because this is my homecoming week at school!!
i missed the past two days but i'm going tomorrow... and hopefully nothing bad happens...

mountaindreamer
10-13-2009, 04:43 PM
hi ashley, so sorry to hear aout walking pneumonia. I had it twice when i was in my early 30s and i know it is a pain. the coughing is the worst. i hope the antibiotics start working very quickly so that you can enjoy your homecoming weekend festivities. rest for now, and have a blast this weekend.

Saysusie
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi Ashley;
I hope that the cough medicine and antibiotics start to make you feel better very soon. Please take care of yourself and try not to do anything that will worsen your pneumonia.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Pretti in Pink
10-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Take care Ashley, I hope you get better soon.

BonusMom
10-13-2009, 05:50 PM
So sorry about the pneumonia dx, Ash. I know how important homecoming week is, but remember to rest, drink lots of fluids and take your meds.

Let us know how homecoming was :)

SandyR
10-13-2009, 06:42 PM
I am sorry to hear you are feeling ill. I use mucinex when I have a cough (the one with the commercial with the phlegm family) and it works great! Don't forget to rest up and drink your fluids and take your zinc!

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-14-2009, 07:40 AM
ahh hun hope by time you get this message your feeling even just alittle better!! just like every one else said look after your selve go to your homecoming if you can just becareful huge massive gentle hugs H xxx
ps want to hear all the details of homecoming xxx

Bonita
10-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Dear Ashley i hope that you are feeling better soon i know that having this on top of all the other stuff is not good but hang in there. Love and prayers Bonita

rob
10-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi Ashley,

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Just be sure to take your meds, and go easy on yourself. I know it sucks having this happen during homecoming, but your health is your first priority. Rest, and get better.

Rob

magistramarla
10-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Ashley,
I hope that you are feeling better today. I used to get walking pneumonia about once a year while I was in high school. Once, the school called an ambulance and had me taken to the hospital for breathing treatments. After I left for college, I no longer got it.
Now, as an adult who has raised two kids with asthma and five with allergies, I'm wondering if I had undiagnosed allergies/asthma that was triggering the yearly pneumonia?
I'm telling you this to get you to thinking - do you have any allergies or asthma? Do you always get sick at the same time every year, as I did?
Just food for thought, my dear.
Get well soon, and have a great homecoming weekend.
Hugs,
Marla

Angel Oliver
10-15-2009, 04:22 AM
Hi Ashley,

Im sorry you have this and so hope the coughing eases and stops very soon.I hope the meds kick in soon.

Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx

lucky7
10-16-2009, 11:23 AM
AWWW, im thinking of you Ashley!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DrinkofWtr
10-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Get well soon. Walking pneumonia is the pits and the cough seems to linger on for awhile. Just take good care of yourself, take your meds, get plenty of rest, and drink plenty of fluids.

magistramarla
10-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Hey Ashley,
I've been thinking about you. Did you get to enjoy the Homecoming festivities? I sure hope that you are feeling better and that you had a good time!
Gentle Hugs,
Marla

mountaindreamer
10-19-2009, 07:05 AM
hi ashley, just ckecking on you. How was homecoming? i hope you were able to participate and enjoy the fun. Hope you are feeling better.

Saysusie
10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey Ashley;
Just checking in on you too!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

lucky7
10-20-2009, 03:46 PM
FEEL the LOVE ASHLEY, FEEL the LOVE!!!!! KISSES AND HUGS HUN!!!!:barf2::heart::grouphug:

ashleybaby715
10-21-2009, 03:01 PM
hi everyone !
so i still have a little bit of a cough, but im feeling alot better then i was!
i was able to go to homecoming, but my mom wouldn't let me cheer in the homecoming game the night before :(
i guess like everyone else says, health comes first.

thankyou all so much for caring :)!

mountaindreamer
10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
hi ashley, so sorry that you could not cheer at the game, i know your mom worries about you. It would really worry me if one of my daughters had lupus. Glad your cough is better, keep up the great work.

magistramarla
10-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi Ashley,
You looked lovely, honey! I'm glad that you got to participate in some of the festivities. With your mom's help, you figured out how to pace yourself. That's a good thing.
Will we see prom pics at the end of this year?
Hugs,
Marla

ashleybaby715
10-30-2009, 09:55 AM
of course :)