PDA

View Full Version : Sorry....

Oluwa
10-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Everyone...

I am sorry, I have been involved in myself, doing for myself...and haven't been very supportive to anyone, actually to no one at all for a long while. A blurb here and there is hardly any support, encouragement or love. I am sorry.

For now, I have nothing to give, no words...and when I have some I will share. I do have prayers and know I say many for you and you...

Be good to yourselves, as no one can take care of us like we need except us.

Hugs with love...
Oluwa

Angel Oliver
10-13-2009, 10:04 AM
NO way you help me soooooooooooo much and i bet many others too without you knowing it.So thank you my dear friend.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxx

brandichi
10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Oluwa, you do so much - more than you know! There are so many threads around here that I've read and been so grateful for your words of wisdom and detailed information/research I needed to understand what's happening to me. You do more than you can ever realize, and I appreciate you so much.

Whatever is going on right now, just know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. Whenever you're up to being here more, that's wonderful. And if you need 'Oluwa time' for a while, let our thoughts, prayers, and love surround you.

I want to be more active here than I am too, but I'm finding it really hard to balance being back to work full time, managing the paperwork at home (grading papers, lesson plans), taking care of my furbaby, keeping up with family and friends, and taking care of myself. I don't know what the answer is, but I just keep trying, and dividing myself up into a million little pieces.

mountaindreamer
10-13-2009, 11:16 AM
hi oluwa, any chronic illness forces us to accept our own importance. You must give time to yourself whenever possible. I am sorry that you are feeling like you have neglected us, because that is so far from the truth. You are Oluwa, we love you for you, and will look forward to your return. Membership in our "family of the sky" does not require "giving anything," we all give to each other just by being here. You just care for you, and please let us know if we can do anything for you.

rob
10-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Oluwa,

You have contributed so much in your time here, that nobody could ever accuse you of not being supportive, and not giving of yourself. Recently I've seen you post some incredibly long, detailed posts helping others to understand Lupus.

This place would not be what it is without your thousands upon thousands of posts. You give so much. Sometimes we find ourselves without the right words, or we feel our words are just hollow, like we are just going through the motions. I know I feel that way at times. There's nothing wrong with it.

Go easy on yourself, and know that you are loved by so many here, including me.

Rob

tiggerlishus - Heidi
10-13-2009, 12:16 PM
just wana give ya huge massive hug!!! think we all go throu that some times i know i do for sure!!! and i also know for fact like others have said i have read throu past threads and links you have written and it has help me tons just knowng your there counts not a word is needed lots of huge massive gigantic loopie love sent to you throu the internet waves from over the pond!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saysusie
10-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Sweet Oluwa;
Please do not feel that you ever have to apologize for taking care of yourself. As far as I am concerned, I think that your #1 responsibility is to take care of yourself. That is not being selfish nor is it a failure to provide support. It is what you are supposed to be doing, and it never, ever needs an apology.
We are here for you, just as much as you are here for us (and you are ALWAYS here for us with encouraging words, beautiful prayers, and improtant information) and we never want you to feel as if you are not doing enough. You do more than enough and then you go the extra mile for everyone that you respond to.
We love you (You know I love you) and we want you to be well, both physically, emotionally, and spiritually. So, we are here whenever you need us. You need not be the one who provides and helps, you have needs also and we want to help you. Let us do that and you sit back and take from us for a while...OK????
You Are Loved..IMMENSELY
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

SandyR
10-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Oluwa -

I am sorry to hear that things are not smooth right now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I hope things get better soon. I agree with everyone else; sometime we are able to give support and sometimes we are in need of taking support. You give us all so much, please let us know if we can give you anything back.

Sandy

kim,l
10-13-2009, 09:10 PM
to my dear friend oluwa i am sorry you are feeling lost right now please donot appologise to us you have been there for me in some very bad times my friend offering your support ii want you to know how much your kindness has mean,t to me it is time for you to take time for yourself and not worry about others we all love oluwa and appreciate you so much you are such a kind and loving person and if you need to talk at any time please do hesitate to contact me i will be thinking of you love and hugs your friend kim l

magistramarla
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Oluwa,
Just popping in here to add my support. Whatever has got you down right now, just take your time, take care of yourself, and know that we are all here for you when you need us. You've been a great friend to me since I first joined this group. We all appreciate you very much.
Hugs and Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
10-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Although your presence has been missed on the Forum, Oluwa, please know that you have not let anybody down! You are so supportive of everyone during their challenges. Even Wonder Woman needs an occasional break!

I know how stressful moving can be-especially a long distance. Fortunately, you're returning to the wonderful West coast. We're so glad you're coming home!

magistramarla
10-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Is that why Oluwa feels down? She's moving, too?
Oluwa, from someone who has just done it - I know that a long distance move is tough on you. Getting settled in a new home is also tough. Take your time and take care of yourself. It's also a lot of fun to decorate a new home. I'm having a blast, but I am taking it slowly, too.
OK, now it seems that we have quite a number of our group in Ca. BonusMom, are you in Northern Ca.? Oluwa, to what part of Ca. are you moving? I know that SaySusie and a couple of our younger ladies are further south. If we ever have a state get-together, we might have quite a large group!
Marla

BonusMom
10-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Is that why Oluwa feels down? She's moving, too?
Oluwa, from someone who has just done it - I know that a long distance move is tough on you. Getting settled in a new home is also tough. Take your time and take care of yourself. It's also a lot of fun to decorate a new home. I'm having a blast, but I am taking it slowly, too.
OK, now it seems that we have quite a number of our group in Ca. BonusMom, are you in Northern Ca.? Oluwa, to what part of Ca. are you moving? I know that SaySusie and a couple of our younger ladies are further south. If we ever have a state get-together, we might have quite a large group!
Marla

It's my understanding that Oluwa and her DH are moving to Washington state. They are putting up their current home for sale and moving in to an apartment in the interim--don't know if it's near where she currently resides or in WA? Maybe when she feels better she can clarify.

Marla (by BFF's name, by the way)-I am east of Sacramento, about half way between Sacratomato and South Lake Tahoe. The memorial for the Yale student was in my backyard.

My family moved September 1st (without professional movers) and then I went to Idaho a couple weeks ago and helped my parents (who had movers take care of loading and unloading the furniture/boxes), so I've had my share of moving to last a lifetime.

The key is pacing yourself. I did way too much one day and it forced me to take the next three days off.

We're sending good moving and real estate vibes your way, Oluwa.

magistramarla
10-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Marla (by BFF's name, by the way)-I am east of Sacramento, about half way between Sacratomato and South Lake Tahoe.

Sacratomato??? Is this a nickname for the city?? LOL!
We're not TOO far from each other. If you ever visit the coast, come see me!
Marla

Pretti in Pink
10-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Oluwa,

Remember how resilient you have always been and will continue to be, IT can't keep you down. Hugs to you!

lucky7
10-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Oh my SWEET SWEET OLUWA!!!!! SO not true!!!! WE ALL have TIMES when we dont have "IT" in us to be there in full! I know that ive had MANY of those moments myself lately! I know the FEELINGS you are expriencing because i too feel that way at times lately, BUT we HAVE to DO what WE HAVE TO DO to get OURSELVES back on track and sometimes it just might take MORE time than others. Thats whats NICE about our FAMILY HERE though, WE ALL UNDERSTAND because we ALL have those times with this illness especially. YOU are HERE for us ALL SO MUCH in SO MANY WAYS! Life can take its toll, YOU are HUMAN, do what YOU need to to heal, whether its emotionally and/or physically. WE ALL KNOW YOU CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CARE FOR YOU AS WELL MY FRIEND!!!!! XXXXXXXX:thumbs-up:

sick n tired
10-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Oluwa you have definately been there for many of us...I hope all is well with you in your neck of the woods....

iseedeadmonkeys
10-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Yo Dude!!

LOL you funny ickle being......

Ive spoke to you every single flaming day and you listened to me when i told you about my recent events...o0o0o0o0 and you sent me a parcel thru the post

SO there hehe

ISDM
xxxx