PDA

View Full Version : Shutter Bug

SandyR
10-09-2009, 06:32 PM
I put up a new photo album. Come and see. It's called Nature.

SirLupAllot
10-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Great pictures Sandy ... Thanks for sharing.

When I saw the thumbnails, I said ..hey, that looks like Arizona .. and sure enough.

The Joshua Tree looks like our Joshua Tree forest on Hwy. 93 between Phoenix and Vegas.

SandyR
10-09-2009, 10:16 PM
LOL! It is that Joshua Tree forest! :yes: I took it from the bus on the way from Vegas to the GC. I only wish that the grandeur and beauty of the canyon transferred into print.

rob
10-10-2009, 02:37 AM
I lived in Cave Creek AZ for 15 years give or take. I spent alot of time hiking in the area between Wickenburg, and Wikieup just off of 93. I love the desert there. The Joshua Trees are absolutely beautiful. It's so different from the gentle mountains and giant saguaro of central, and southern Arizona. The mountains of northwestern Arizona are so stark and jagged, they have a malevolent beauty all their own.

It's funny, I was out on the North Atlantic not far from the southern tip of Nova Scotia today, taking my boat out one more time before the marina is closed, and I store it for the winter. As much as I love the Gulf of Maine with it's cliffs and islands of neverending green, I'll never forget the stark beauty of Arizona. I thought about it today while I was out there, and I miss it.

Rob

Angel Oliver
10-10-2009, 04:24 AM
I will go n look Sandy thanks.xxxxxxxxx

Saysusie
10-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Headed over there now!