PDA

View Full Version : NEW DOCTOR

Roni Shawn
08-16-2005, 05:03 AM
I am going to a new one today, and am nervous, as I feel that he wont believe me like the others, and I wont get the meds I need. That has happened to me for so long now. If anyone has any suggestions, please write a letter to me in my direct email, as if you were writing for me. I hope I am not asking too much. I am just desperate for a doc to listen to me. I am constantly ignored. I feel so worthless. I go at 930 am, and right now it is 6am. I am so sorry if you feel it to be impossible to do this task for me. I do NOT expect it from anyone. I just thought I would ask. I am going to make a list of things that I am troubled by, including a list of meds, and medical history and such. Thanks...I have many posts to replies on the medication forum. There, you can see what I am going thru a lot. But not much of the pain issues. I didnt post those. I prolly should. I just feel I am burdening yall with my issues. I posted so many replies today. I think at least 11. And Im not done yet. But I dont want to make you all annoyed with me. I hope its ok. If its not, please let me know, and I can slow it down. Thanks.....

hippimom2
08-16-2005, 08:19 AM
Roni Shawn. I wish I had some great words of wisdom for you. The only advice I have is to write everything down in a list including your symptoms and your abnormal/borderline labs. If the doctor sees it all in front of him/her it may be easier to see the problem. I just wanted to let you know that I completely relate to feeling like you are not heard or believed by doctors. I have read that many other people have gone through this and that it can take many doctors and many years to get a diagnosis. I was completely discounted by my first rheumy and I am now seeing someone who listens better and continues to look into my symptoms, She is treating me for lupus but has not given my a diagnosis. THis is still frustrating for me. I read some of your labs on another post of yours and it seems that you had enough abnormal labs that someone needs to look into it and take it seriously. All I can say is keep looking until you find someone who listens. Take care, good luck, and let us know how it goes.