PDA

View Full Version : Fr-fr-freeeeezing :(

SandyR
10-02-2009, 08:16 PM
It is officially fall on Long Island. I am freezing. The weather is cool and crisp and my Reynaud's is in full bloom. My poor fingers and toes are freezing. My fingers are already a light shade of blue and it's only October 2nd. I thought I would have at least 3 or more weeks before it would be cold enough for the Reynauds. What bothers me is if it is this bad now, I know it will be worse until mid March or so and that means my psoriasis on my hands will be bad all winter. Just so frustrating that I want to shout and scream. :hissyfit:

OK - I feel better now.

mountaindreamer
10-02-2009, 08:47 PM
oooh, it is so early for your fingers to be blue. Bundle up and keep warm. I went into a cold store today, and my fingers were blue before i could get out. I am thinking of bringing out my knit-fingerless gloves. I love wearing these, cause i can still do things with my fingers, but my hand stays warm.

SandyR
10-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I was looking for a pair of gloves like that in my closet tonight for my puppy walks but all I have are my thick, manly looking therma-something gloves and they are too warm. Looks like I need to do a little glove shopping. Where did you get yours?

BonusMom
10-02-2009, 10:16 PM
So sorry the cold is setting in so early and your fingers are feeling like icicles. I do like the idea of fingerless gloves so I can still use my hands. I'll probably have to wear them in my office as it stays pretty cold. Although it's against the rules (rebel aren't I?), I'm going to place a small heater under my desk so my feet don't freeze either. Oh the joys of AI disorders....

mountaindreamer
10-03-2009, 07:04 AM
i found my "fingerless gloves" at Target last year. I love them, and am on the search for them now....i hate it when i can't find my stuff. I just love them....they are a soft loose knit gloves, and i can pull them down over my fingers when needed.

SandyR
10-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Bonusmom - I won't tell... ;) In fact, I will probably be using the space heater myself in a week or two.

Phyllis - Target is now on my list of chores for next weekend. Thanks!

Bonita
10-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I know how you feel and i do not look forward to a long winter. I am always cold and my husband is always hot so the air conditioning is set at 68 all summer. I have to go outside to get warm and he tells me to put a sweater on. My family does not get how and why you feel this way and doesn't understand the things we go through every day because they look at you and you look okay to them. My daughter is a nurse and i am trying to educate her to these things. Love and blue fingers Bonita

Angel Oliver
10-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Yes i understand you Sandy, its cold here and actually a bit icy tonight in Manchester UK.We never get used to it and long for Summers that never arrive.Hope you get some warm gloves soon and feel warmer and more pink. Ive got my scarf n gloves black n silver sparkles.xxxxx (even wore a hat and slippers to the shop today...the joys of brain fog)x

brandichi
10-04-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm right with you guys - my fingers started turning blue at work on Friday. Ugh. It's waaaay too early for Reynaud's to wake up, and too early for me to stock up on hand warmers and consume endless cups of tea. (Holding a warm mug of tea at work keeps my hands feeling better all winter). I saw a pair of mittens I just loved today when I was shopping, but I just can't buy mittens yet. Not before Halloween. My old ones will have to do until then.

SandyR
10-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I am shivering as I write this. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Do you guys find that one side gets colder faster or more cold than the other? My right is always colder. So much so that if I am doing a finger prick to test my sugar, I always use the left b/c the blood flows better and the numbers seem to show a little more accurately.

Brandichi - I do the tea thing too. It's way too late for tea right now. so I am going to run my hands under warm water (great for the psoriasis!)

Angel - I keep slippers at work under my desk and use them when my tootsies are still cold on heels. I might have to pick up another pair for home this year. I don't usually wear them here b/c almost all my apt is carpeted but that doesn't seem to matter and it's only the first week of Oct. You're right, I am wishing for summer right now.

Bonita - My uncle keeps the heat at 68 all winter too. When I go there to house sit during the winter, I always crank it up to 72 or 74. Anything below 70 is just too cold, even with a sweater. I am glad your daughter is able to hear about what this feels like from a trusted source. It will make her a more empathetic nurse and better equipped for caring for her patients.

Spanglishqueen
10-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Yup gotta love the Northeast up here it went from 30's to 60's in the last few days. And I wonder why I have a cold :tongue2: