PDA

View Full Version : No baby...just steroids

adl011
09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
So I finally went to the doctor concerning all of my pregnancy symptoms. I had a lot of the symptoms of being pregnant, but I kept getting negative pregnancy test. I was very confused. I would have liked to be pregnant, but I would also like to be off most of my medicines and be as symptom-free as possible. The doctors said that the high levels of steroids that I have been on had caused my body to "think" I'm pregnant. :wacko:So I am now getting off the steroids and seeing how my body is after that. I had gotten kinda used to the idea of having a baby, so we'll see how I'm feeling after reducing the steroids. Maybe my body will start ovulating again after I'm off them and my husband and I can start thinking about having a baby. :laugh:
I know I've been gone a while, but I was having to deal with all of this and a few other health ideas. I've been having trouble with my nervous system and my thyroid. Lots and LOTS of pain and swelling and intense shooting pain up my spine. The drs are thinking I have a pinched nerve in my back due to my discs wearing away. I have some tests scheduled. They are also looking for blood clots in my legs. All these tests are expensive, so we're trying to do the cheapest ones first.

I hope everyone here is doing well! I have missed being here and sharing info with you guys.

Happy Tuesday!

~Amanda

abbasgirl
09-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Welcome back Amanda! Wow, that would throw me for a loop, thinking I was pregnant but turning out that I'm not. I didn't know steroids could do that. Wow!

So sorry for the pain you're going through. I hope the tests help with pinning things down.

I hate the costs of the tests we have to go through...it just seems unreasonably expensive to me.

lucky7
09-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh Amanda, IM SO SORRY for your confusion and PAIN. :no: My heart goes out to you and your husband. What an ordeal to go through. :heart: Just concentrate on the GOOD part now, SEX SEX SEX!!!!!!!! Gentle hugs to YOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SandyR
09-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Amanda,
I am sorry to hear that this isn't the answer you wanted. I am glad to hear that your doc is weaning you off your meds and that you have an option to try again in the future.
Sandy

debbie-b
09-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Amanda,

I am sorry about your disappointing news, hopefully everything goes well and your wish will come true.

Debbie

adl011
10-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Thank you all for the support. The thing that has really gotten me through all of this, and honestly through all my lupus troubles is my faith that God will take care of me and my husband. I also know that one day we will have a child (hopefully naturally, but fertility help and adoption are always options) and will help us to be great parents! I hope everyone is having a great week!

mountaindreamer
10-01-2009, 10:43 AM
oh amanda, so sorry about your news, and during all of this you are having to deal with pain and expensive tests....sometimes life really tests us. I am 100% positive that you and your husband will be GREAT parents....i can hear it in your words. take care, reduce your steroids, and have fun trying for a baby. Oh Yeah....i am really glad to see you around again, please keep us posted.