PDA

View Full Version : the sun

Arie
09-28-2009, 05:22 PM
How do you guys deal with the sun.......

Angel Oliver
09-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Plenty of high factor sun screen, cover up wearing hats,caps,cover the body with light clothes.If im not mistaken i remember one member has a site for special sunscreen clothing....now remembering who :) Im sure many members will help you out more on this post soon.xxxxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
09-28-2009, 06:59 PM
hi arie, i wear clothing that covers most of my body, and i use 100spf sun block. I also always a hat. I got dark tinting on my car windows, and i also avoid flourescent lighting. I try to stay away from the sun during the hottest part of the day, and i limit the amount of time that i am in the heat.

rob
09-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Hi Arie,

I tried writing a strongly worded letter to Mother Nature asking her to turn down the brightness a bit, but I didn't get a reply. You just can't get good service these days...

So, I wear spf 50 sunblock at all times outside. I do something I call "sun discipline". I make myself stick to any, and all shade I can find while I'm doing things outdoors. If I stop, I step under whatever is available-and awning over the sidewalk, a shadetree, every little bit of shade helps, and it's an easy habit to get into. I always have a good hat or two handy, and a light long sleeve shirt I can take off quickly if I'm stopping indoors during my day outside.

It's all a matter of getting into the various habits, and sticking to them.

Rob

AyahsClan
09-29-2009, 04:16 PM
I gave up on sunscreen because of allergies and it didn't seem to help me much. What helps me is the UV protection clothing. You can buy them at www.coolibar.com or www.solumbra.com Not sure what site Amanda knows about. (Hi Amanda!) I just got through buying some off label UV clothes from ebay, they are ugly, men's. I don't like hats because they make my head so hot, I wear scarves over my head and look Muslim. You can buy UV scarves or like I learned on here buy 100% cotton and use RIT Dye company's sunscreen laundry additive.

Arie
09-30-2009, 07:16 AM
OH cool ima look that up.......i usually get the crushable wide brim straw hat i have like over 20 of those i used to have alot more of them but i lost it cause i had to many to keep up with i get the crushable kind cause when im inside i can easaly tuck it into my back pocket or throw it in my book bag or something like that.........this one lady asked me if i was hiding from someone

Oluwa
09-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Ello Arie...

Info...
Rit Sun Guard Laundry Treatment UV Protectant...wash your clothes with it.

A few shop here for UV treated clothing...
http://www.coolibar.com/index.html?s_kwcid=coolibar.com.|2277746564

Love,
O.