PDA

View Full Version : SI joint dysfunction

Spanglishqueen
09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi okay one of the fun things about the autoimmune is trying to figure out what else can go wrong. So I have a kidney stone in my right kidney just chilling there :tongue2: and today I found out I may also have SI joint dysfunction which may also be caused by the autoimmune system and it could be caused by , ankylosing spondylitis, Reiters disease, psoriatic arthritis, or inflammatory bowel disease. Any one here have those or suffer from SI joint dysfunction? I'm on sundalic for the joint pain and percocet.

Thanks for any advice.

mountaindreamer
09-22-2009, 05:46 PM
jeese brenda.....what a confusing diagnosis....just what you need, something else to worry about....i am so sorry that you are dealing with all of these issues. I am not familiar with SI joint dysfunction, i hope someone will be along very soon who can offer you some consoling information.

sickofbeingsick
10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Brenda,

I have SI joint dysfunction. They had me do physical therapy to strengthen the pelvis, lower back, and abdominal muscles. I also was on narcotics for a long time and had SI joint nerve block injections. I was in pain for about half of the year in that joint, and then finally I woke up one day and thought "I havent noticed that pain for a few days now".

I am sorry you are going through this. I hope your dr can point you ih the right direction.

bunnie
10-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi Spanglishqueen,
SI pain was my very first symptom almost 9 years ago now. It started when I was pregnant with my first child, it would shoot up my spine and down my leg... my leg (left, mostly) would actually just fall out from under me.. I wouldn't feel it.
It has been a pretty frequent issue for me ever since. I was told I had spondylitis..and DDD, and alignment issues. Been through round after round of PT, to no avail.. it always comes back. I actually fall asleep every night with a heating pad (has a timer and shuts off after 1 hour), and it is a life saver for me!
I am a firm believer that Auto immune disorders are a symptom of a fallen world,, I wonder what a perfect body with no pain would feel like???
Sorry you are getting even more issues to deal with,
God bless,
Deb

bunnie
10-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Hi again,
Just read sickofbeingsick's post... I tried the injections at the pain clinic and they just made it worse for me... tried it 3 different times and the pain from the injection was excruciating for about 5 days and then it didn't help at all. I have heard of people having success with it (my hubby has had shots in his back for disc issues and it helped a lot). Hope you are able to find relief!
Deb