PDA

View Full Version : I was a big girl this weekend :)

Spanglishqueen
09-21-2009, 04:55 PM
So I went out and did things I enjoyed this weekend. One of them was I went to the NH Highland Games its the largest Scottish cultural festival in the Northeast, is presented by The New Hampshire Gathering of the Scottish Clans, Inc., a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the furtherance of the music, dance, athletics and customs of the Scottish people and to the continuance of the Gaelic culture. I went by myself and had an awesome time. I bought a Celtic ring and some fantastic shortbread and I got a picture with a Scottish man take a look. P.S. that is a real dead badger around his waist. :cute:

SandyR
09-21-2009, 06:52 PM
congrats on the BIG GIRL weekend.

mountaindreamer
09-21-2009, 06:58 PM
hi brenda....so glad you had a successful "big girl weekend"....sounds like a wonderful time....and i like the scottsman..

cherokee993
09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Way to go B!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!

Angel Oliver
09-22-2009, 06:18 AM
Wow well done B. So glad you had a great time out alone.....glad it was'nt windy :) You know what they say about a Scotsman and his kilt lol.xxxxx

Tamy
09-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Good one Amanda. :laugh: Lucky it wasn't windy, or else he'd be feeling the breeze.

Brenda
Glad you had a good time. Take care, and keep having lots of fun.
Tammy.

DrinkofWtr
09-22-2009, 10:18 AM
So glad you had a chance to get out and enjoy yourself. I went to a celtic faire once. I had such a good time and got mycoat-of-arms. It had a wild boar on it. The Celtic jewelry was beautiful and full of symbolism and mysticism.

Spanglishqueen
09-22-2009, 10:30 AM
glad it was'nt windy :) You know what they say about a Scotsman and his kilt lol.xxxxx

You dirty dirty girl :) LOL

Saysusie
09-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Yahoooooo! Good for you Spanglishqueen!!! Wasn't it wonderful having a great time without worrying about having to go home at a certain time, worrying if someone else was enjoying it, worrying about having to behave a certain way because of someone else? I could go on, but you know what I mean!
You Go Girl....and continue to do those things that make YOU happy!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Spanglishqueen
09-22-2009, 02:46 PM
It was great! I will be doing more independent things...I don't know why are society is so opposed to alone time with oneself. I wasn't lonely at all :cute:

DrinkofWtr
09-25-2009, 10:07 AM
I do independent things all the time. I am not real good at compromising with others when it comes to going out and doing things. I know this sounds selfish and probably is, but I just like to do and go where I want to go since time is limited. What I mean by this is I have so many "set things" I have to do in a given day that I like my free time to be exclusively mine.

abbasgirl
09-28-2009, 07:24 AM
Oh Brenda...that's awesome!!! YEAHHHH!