PDA

View Full Version : Say a prayer for me - doctor in a few

cherokee993
09-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Hey all, as I noted before I"m heading off to see my doctor today and we will hopefully discuss meds. I am thinking this will be when we make the big decision. I really am hesitant to try M or Imuran but at the same time I need something to fix this. Sooooooooo wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will update this afternoon or evening when I return.

BonusMom
09-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll come home with a solution to your ever bothersome issues!

Angel Oliver
09-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes and so hope you come back with the right meds to help you feel better soon.

Love
Amanda.xxxx

cherokee993
09-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the well wishes all,

Here is the latest: She decided to run new labs for everything since I haven't had a huge lab session done since 2007. And x-rays of hands, feet and knees. Then she will try to get the insurance company to allow me to have an MRI to see the lining of the joints. I told her I was willing to change meds if she is worried about me being on the vicodin long term and she said we will see what the labs say and then go from there. If I do start a new med it will be sulfasalazine most likely.

So lets hope that the labs give some definitive answers. And lets see if the insurance will cover the mri so we can see if any damage is done to my joints, they are getting more and more puffy each time I see her so I know she wants to keep an eye on them.

I am to call her back in 2 weeks to get the results of the tests and see if we are going to start the sulfasalazine, she said we can start the meds by phone b/c it costs me 50 dollars each time I go there, so this will save me some money :)

I will keep you guys updated!

BonusMom
09-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm not familiar with the new drug that you are likely to be given, but isn't "sulfa" anything bad for people with AI issues?

Spanglishqueen
09-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Glad they are running tests to try to pinpoint the issues and hope you get put on the proper meds. Good luck with the results.

:grouphug:

mountaindreamer
09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
hi amy,,,sounds like your dr. is being very thorough. Like bonusmom, i am not familiar with the meds that you might start taking, but i hope they give you some relief...i hope the inusurance company will allow the mri...every bit of information helps.

cherokee993
09-21-2009, 07:17 PM
The med she is thinking of is explained to be an anti-inflammatory and antibiotic. The information she gave me was from the Arthritis foundation, and it has some information on the uses and what not. She said if we do end up starting it she will provide me with a lot of details as far as what labs need to be done and when.

I'm hoping that we get somewhere, though I don't particularly want to take meds forever but not sure what other options will come. I'm going to try and be optimistic :)

mountaindreamer
09-21-2009, 07:42 PM
thanks for the explanation of the med....sounds like your dr. is caring and wants to help you feel better...i hope it works.

cherokee993
09-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys. Yes I really do like this doc, even though their office is very busy and can be hard to get in to I really like her in particular. She seems to be understanding and cautious at the same time, so that makes me feel good. Sooo...hopefully we'll get somewhere with the tests.

SandyR
09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Amy - I am glad to hear it went well and will be looking to see what happens. Sandy