PDA

View Full Version : You Know You Have Brain Fog When...

Pages : [1] 2

rob
09-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone,

There is always alot of discussion here about Brain Fog, and the things we do while in it. Fog can be frustrating, embarassing, and it can also sometimes be funny. So, in the spirit of Jeff Foxworthy's "You Know You're a Redneck When..." routine, I decided to start this thread to talk about the funny things we do while we are in the fog. So, to get it started-

You Know You Have Brain Fog When...

-When you search the house end to end looking for your favorite pair of shoes, only to discover that you're already wearing them.

-When you open the freezer door and find a bottle of Windex. (or when you open the cleaning cabinet door and find a pint of not-so-frozen ice cream)

-When you pour yourself a bowl of cereal in the morning, only to discover that it's actually Little Friskies Hairball Formula dry cat food.

And lastly-

You know you have Brain Fog when you suddenly discover that the shirt you are wearing is inside out, and you are wearing you boxers on the outside. (I actually did this, couldn't figure out for the life of me why everyone was staring at me)

So, lets hear about some of your funniest fog moments!

Rob

bunnie
09-15-2009, 03:56 PM
You know you have brain fog when you go to Panera Bread and ask the counter attendant to repeat the list of sides 3 times, still can't remember it, and finally just say "The first one". :wacko:

debbie-b
09-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Oh Rob,

You made me laugh, it is a good idea, we are going to get alot of laughs out of this.
Here I go.
You know you have brain fog when:
you serve spaghetti and meatballs, but you forget the meatballs ( they are still ground meat in the freezer).
you put hairspray under your arms, instead of deodorant.
you throw the meat in the garbage and the styrofoam tray in the pot.
You know you have brain fog when:pour coffee on the plate or juice in the ashtray.
And You were eating your cats food, I have "served" my cats cereal.
I am sure that I have many more, but brain fog prevents me from remembering.

Debbie

pandagirl
09-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Rob:
perfect timing..I needed this today most of all because..you know you have brain fog when.. your boss tries to call from outside the office and cant get you because the phone is dead because you did not pay the office phone bill.:wideeyed: It was the culmination for me to a bad week of symptoms/doctor/tests/glucose meter 5x a day right now...cried all afternoon....you made me laugh..thank you

mountaindreamer
09-15-2009, 05:36 PM
oh rob,,,,,i can not even begin to compete with the boxers on the outside....good thing you weren't wearing all of your combat gear, or someone would have probably hauled you away. love the thread....when i can remember something to tell, i will be back if i remember.

BonusMom
09-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Each of you who have posted your brain fog moment..............I can totally visualize every incident! I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you, because I've done silly similar things. Like mountain dreamer, I'll post when (if) I can recall anything in particular, but had to thank you for making me laugh today.

Spanglishqueen
09-16-2009, 03:47 AM
Outstanding Rob! I relate to all of these and am glad you posted this as we can all use a good laugh :laugh: You know you have a brain fog when you take your dogs out and can't remember if they peed or not, so you stay out longer. By the time you come back in you had a 20 minute walk and you really hope your dogs peed because for the life of you you just can't remember. :tongue2:

gina
09-16-2009, 05:22 AM
This is a great post. but because of brain fog i can't remember all the crap i have done but when i do i put it here as i do so we all can laugh. thanks rob

mountaindreamer
09-16-2009, 05:36 AM
you know you have brain fog when you get back into the shower because you can't remember if you bathed or not. Just happened to me so i had to hurry and post before i forgot.

rob
09-16-2009, 07:01 AM
oh rob,,,,,i can not even begin to compete with the boxers on the outside....good thing you weren't wearing all of your combat gear, or someone would have probably hauled you away. love the thread....when i can remember something to tell, i will be back if i remember.

You know you have Brain Fog when you cannot remember all the funny things you have done while having brain fog!:shocked:

pjreeses
09-16-2009, 09:20 AM
i have got back in the shower cause i couldn't remember if i washed my hair or not. and then after i washed it and started to dry off i ask myself did i wash my body the first time. back in the shower.

Samo
09-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Rob,

Thank you for starting this thread...so funny :laugh:

You know you have brain fog when you:
-make a list to go grocery shopping (so you don't forget what you need)
-get the store and forget the list in your car (go back to the car)
-loose the list, which was in your hand 5 seconds ago (search frantically on the floor around you, in the shopping cart, in your purse) other shoopers are amused by this for sure
-find the list IN YOUR PURSE! (have no idea how in got in there)
-and finally hand the list to the cashier instead of your credit card

Don't you just love brain fog, funny and frustrating at the same time!

leaann
09-16-2009, 11:57 AM
ok ok
you know you have brain fog when you cook kool aide and cauiflower, cherry cauiflower is not good by any means....

you know you have brain fog when you when you are suspose to give the dog a bath instead you bath the cat and wonder why you are all cut up from the clawing.... didn't work to well....

you know you have brain fog when you put your keys in fridge and you can not find then and call the lock smith out to make another key for your car only to find out that an hour after he leaves they are sitting in the fridge, money well spent that day...

just a few of my favorites....

leaann
09-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Oh my best one yet was the day I went to store thinking I was buying all the items on my grocery list when actually I bought all items I don't even use and none were on the list and had to go back to the store....

not cool when the store is 25 miles away from my house...

SandyR
09-16-2009, 05:49 PM
You know you have brainfog when you attempt to remove the glasses you already took off your face.

You know you have brainfog when you frantically search your purse for your phone that you already took out and put on the counter.

You know you have brainfog when you repeat the second thing again 20 minutes later and still don't see the phone sitting in front of you.

You know you have brainfog when you need to put your parent's birthdays in your phone alarms to remember them.

You know you have brainfog when you go to reset the alarm and you reset the clock. (Thank God that one worked out ok that day)

You know you have brainfog when you drive right past the exit to your house and wonder where you were going on your daily commute.

scarby
09-16-2009, 08:40 PM
i have got back in the shower cause i couldn't remember if i washed my hair or not. and then after i washed it and started to dry off i ask myself did i wash my body the first time. back in the shower.

:laugh: A similar thing happened to me. I washed my hair, then after I rinsed it, I washed it again because I forgot that I already did it.

brandichi
09-17-2009, 09:29 AM
You know you have brain fog when you are driving what you know is a familiar route, but have no idea where you planned to go, so you just keep driving anyway.

...when you are on the way to work and start to panic because you didn't grab your ID from the kitchen counter before you left. Then, as you get to work, you look down, and your ID is around your neck, as it has been the entire time you were stressing out. (Yep, this one is how my morning started!)

porchy
09-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Years ago, my mom was talking on the phone with a friend and they were discussing cordless phones. She went to look at her cordless phone and discovered that it was not in it's base. She walked all over the house looking for the cordless phone, all the while talking to her friend, saying I can't understand where the phone is!!! Of course, the friend finally asked her, What are you talking to ME on???

The cordless phone. Duh. LOL (now THAT'S BAD) :laugh:

smokerscat94
09-17-2009, 04:15 PM

I just had that happen the other night. I washed my hair, put conditioner in washed the conditioner out, and thought ok, why did I condition my hair first. So I washed and conditioned again, then realized I did wash my hair the first time. Wow I though I was alone on this one. My husband says I am hours and hours of entertainment! It helps lighten the mood when he says that. I am pretty sure I am hours of entertainment at times. I also put my glasses on my head, and forget that they are there for hours. Then look for my glasses and my husband tells me uh honey they are on your head. oops!! I have also had issues driving! Couldn't decide what to do or where to turn. I freaked out and had my hubby drive. So glad to know I am not ALONE!!!

Well at least we have some funny stories to tell!

Take Care Everyone!

Thanks for starting this thread Rob!:)

Spanglishqueen
09-17-2009, 04:17 PM
You know you have a brain fog when you start to type and don't remember what you were gonna type then sit there staring at the computer as if it is supposed to tell you what you were going to type :laugh: And vualla you get this post instead of what I thought I had remembered :)

SandyR
09-17-2009, 05:27 PM
you know you have brain fog when you wake up and remember that you have an appointment with the doctor after work and you tell others that you have an appointment after work several times during that day and you are excited about that appointment and then you go home and make dinner and forget all about the appointment until the receptionist calls you an hour and a half after your appointment was scheduled. :embarrassed: thankfully they allowed me to come in right then. :cute:

pjreeses
09-17-2009, 07:21 PM
how about when you go to work on your day off. or forget that your supposed to be be at work and you think your off work that day.

Spanglishqueen
09-18-2009, 05:10 PM
You know you have brain fog when you stustustutter because the word you were trying to say just left your mind. Happened today at work and boy did they burn my buns because of it:laugh:

Spanglishqueen
09-23-2009, 02:36 AM
You know you have a brain fog when you mix up acronyms. :yes: I was having a conversation with someone about Sexually Transmitted Diseases and surely enough I called them SUV's :laugh: Nothing like having to worry about a Nissan Pathfinder when having sex. :)

debbie-b
09-23-2009, 03:56 AM
You know you have a brain fog when you mix up acronyms. :yes: I was having a conversation with someone about Sexually Transmitted Diseases and surely enough I called them SUV's :laugh: Nothing like having to worry about a Nissan Pathfinder when having sex. :)

Thanks for a good laugh, early in the morning.LOL

Debbie

kim,l
09-23-2009, 04:51 AM
I took my cordless home phone in the car with me and could not understand why people kept on saying they rang home and could not get me. i was at the doctors surgery and another patient told me i had my dress inside out. i put the toilet paper in the freezer, and i hopped into a car that looked like ours but i had forgot we were in my brother inlaws car that day the driver was extremely surprised and i was really embarrrassed. my husband went for a brain scan and the receptionist asked him his name and he just went blank she told my husband she now knows why he was having brain scan needless to say he was embarrassed. i went looking for my reading glasses and tore the house apart only to be told by my daughter they were on my head. brainfog it can do funny things to you. bye for now kim l

nasalady
09-23-2009, 06:42 AM
You know you have brain fog when you go into your boss's office to talk to him about something, but by the time you get there you've forgotten why you wanted to talk to him!

You know you have brain fog when you're 20 minutes late to class because you forgot when class started.....and you're the professor! :)

nasalady
09-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Oops....this just happened!

You know you have brain fog when you try to put on your reading glasses and discover that you're already wearing a pair of reading glasses! LOL!

Oluwa
09-23-2009, 09:04 AM
It is bad enough when you forget what you were saying, but to forget what you were thinking just sitting there...and then you wonder was I even thinking at all. Then your mind feels totally empty headed, like a dark room with no light peering in, there is nothing in there at all, except the last thought...Now, what was I thinking. That makes me paranoid.

Who am I.

Love,
Oh no.

Oluwa
09-23-2009, 09:11 AM
You know my brain fog, I was getting showered and dressed for a 2:55PM matinee....pull up at the theater and ask my husband, did you reset your car clock cause it says 3 :44. He asked, Did we fall back already? I said no, but your clock is an hour fast. He looked at his cell..no it isn't...

Well something isn't right...I got paranoid...

Funny while getting dressed I was getting ready for a 3:55PM show but all the while the other part of me, I suspect the normal side knew it was a 2:55PM showing..weird. I am weird. I was living in two dimensions that day...

Who am I.

Love,
Oh no.

iseedeadmonkeys
09-23-2009, 10:40 AM
I think the funniest thing i ever did was pour myself comfort in a glass and put fresh orange juice in the washing machine :yes: dint realise til i put the machine on and sat down with my comfort in a glass to wash down those little nasties (mtx)

happy times

Rob ure boxers lol too funny.....new trend? the ppl were prob jealous...only you can pull that off

xxx

Spanglishqueen
09-23-2009, 04:15 PM
......you forgot when class started.....and you're the professor! :)

Oh my gosh this one is a classic loved it :laugh:

Spanglishqueen
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
I think the funniest thing i ever did was pour myself comfort in a glass and put fresh orange juice in the washing machine :yes: dint realise til i put the machine on and sat down with my comfort in a glass to wash down those little nasties (mtx)

happy times

Rob ure boxers lol too funny.....new trend? the ppl were prob jealous...only you can pull that off

xxx

Glad you didn't drink it :cute: Were you able to save the laundry? :tongue2:

Spanglishqueen
09-23-2009, 04:17 PM
You know you have a brain fog when you come home from work put a pot of chili on the burner to cook sit down read you e-mail chat on FB then go check on the chili to realize you put it on the wrong burner and it's colder than snow :tongue2: Did that just now :)

SandyR
09-23-2009, 06:06 PM
"You know you have a brain fog when you come home from work put a pot of chili on the burner to cook sit down read you e-mail chat on FB then go check on the chili to realize you put it on the wrong burner and it's colder than snow"

B- Did I mention the time I came home, filled the electric kettle with water for a nice cup of tea, sat back down on the couch and 20 or so mins later smelt plastic burning??? After running into a fume & smoke filled kitchen, I discovered that I had turned the electric stove on and set the kettle on that instead of it's base. :shocked: It took an hour or two to air the room out, & I still won't use that burner for fear of toxic fumes, but now I always remember to check the burners! :)

ashleybaby715
09-23-2009, 07:11 PM
you know you have brain fog when... you wash your hair in the shower...then can't remember that you did, so you repeat...
at one point in time, i shampooed my hair 3 times!

...needless to say, i was squeaky clean! hahha

Spanglishqueen
09-24-2009, 02:35 AM
"
B- Did I mention the time I came home, filled the electric kettle with water for a nice cup of tea, sat back down on the couch and 20 or so mins later smelt plastic burning??? After running into a fume & smoke filled kitchen, I discovered that I had turned the electric stove on and set the kettle on that instead of it's base. :shocked: It took an hour or two to air the room out, & I still won't use that burner for fear of toxic fumes, but now I always remember to check the burners! :)

HAHA these are too funny but darn do we sure run risks. As long as we don't say you know you have a brain fog when you are homeless because you left the burner on :tongue2: Worst thing I did to myself on a fog was slice my finger requiring 6-7 stitches and burn my hand all in the same day while trying to fix myself a snack in the kitchen...the snack didn't end up being worth all the trouble it was only toast :laugh:

red246
09-24-2009, 04:06 PM
you know you have brain fog when you leave your house to go down to the neighbors to check on their puppy, make sure you have their house key, lock your door only to realize later that you don't have YOUR house key! Thank God I had my cell phone and that my daughter was out of class to come home & let me & the boys in!

BonusMom
09-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Brain fog is when you forget the answer to your secret question for an online account. The secret question being "Who is your favorite male actor?"

How on earth could I possibly forget it's Richard Gere, or maybe it's John Travolta.....or....OMG how could I forget this???? I know he's tall (or not-it's hard to tell on the big screen) dark and handsome....Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman....yep, I tried them all. Now I'm locked out :(

BonusMom
09-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Yikes!

QUOTE=Spanglishqueen;61320]HAHA these are too funny but darn do we sure run risks. As long as we don't say you know you have a brain fog when you are homeless because you left the burner on :tongue2: Worst thing I did to myself on a fog was slice my finger requiring 6-7 stitches and burn my hand all in the same day while trying to fix myself a snack in the kitchen...the snack didn't end up being worth all the trouble it was only toast :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Tamy
09-28-2009, 06:52 AM
Guys, you have made my night. This is soooooo funny. I'm literally laughing out loud while writing this. It's great that we can see the funny side of things. Well, I didn't realize I suffered from brain fog until reading this thread. I do silly things like that everyday, I just thought it was because i'm tired, or not concentrating with what i'm doing...but it turns out, I have brain fog too. A few days back, after boiling the kettle, to make my self a cuppa, instead of pouring in the hot water, I put the boiling kettle in the fridge, and placed the carton of milk on the burner. Luckily the burner was switched off, as the kettle had already boiled. I'd only realized what I had done, after I sat down, and wondered where the hell my cuppa was.:laugh: Sounds funny now, but at the time I thought I may have been losing my mind.
Tammy.

lucky7
09-28-2009, 12:33 PM
LOL LOL LOL!!!!! :laugh: ITs so nice to KNOW that i am SO NOT ALONE!!!!!! Oh how i CAN RELATE!!!!!!!! LOL :)

AyahsClan
09-29-2009, 02:16 PM
You know you have brain fog when;

You sneak some of your husbands Reeses chocolate, it somehow ends up sliding down behind you on the sofa melting along the way finally ending up under your butt. You unknowingly get up to get a drink when your husband comes up behind you and says "Oh noooo what happened! What did you get all over yourself? Oh it's chocolate." followed by his hysterical laughter.

Chocolate everywhere, sofa, blouse, pants.

lucky7
09-29-2009, 03:26 PM
OMG Ayah!!! THANK YOU for THAT ONE TOO!!!!!! :laugh: Thats funny cuz i get up from my couch often these days with chocolate stuck to my clothes too!!!:shocked:

AyahsClan
09-29-2009, 05:23 PM
You know you have lupus fog when you get up to get a glass of milk, get the glass, sit down, and have an empty glass in your hands. Then you stare at it for a second to deduce if you already drank it or forgot to pour the milk in it.

I just did that, that's howcome I remember. LOL

lucky7
09-29-2009, 05:30 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: YOUR GREAT AYAH!!!!!

AyahsClan
09-29-2009, 05:38 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: YOUR GREAT AYAH!!!!!

Why don't our families appreciate our lupus fog like our friends here lol...

brandichi
09-29-2009, 05:40 PM
You have lost it so completely you can't even explain how you know you have brain fog!!!! :hissyfit:

(Jeanette, you know what I'm talking about - what I did - you can explain) :)

SandyR
09-30-2009, 06:38 PM
HAHA these are too funny but darn do we sure run risks. As long as we don't say you know you have a brain fog when you are homeless because you left the burner on :tongue2: Worst thing I did to myself on a fog was slice my finger requiring 6-7 stitches and burn my hand all in the same day while trying to fix myself a snack in the kitchen...the snack didn't end up being worth all the trouble it was only toast :laugh:

That was a painful snack. I am sorry to hear that it wasn't something more scrumtious like s'mores or ice cream sundae for all those troubles! :)

Today I put the oven on to reheat my homemade pizza & forgot that I never put the pizza in. 20 mins later, I was thinking - oh good it's done - and found my cold pizza still sitting on top of the stove waiting to be warmed. :embarrassed: Better then my last go with the stove though.

Bonita
10-01-2009, 02:09 PM
You have brain fog when you spend a lot of time looking for your glasses and they are on your head and you cannot find you phone only to realize you are using it. Bonita

SandyR
10-01-2009, 06:37 PM
You have brain fog when you spend a lot of time looking for your glasses and they are on your head Bonita
How about when you go to take them off your face for bed or the shower and realize (after grabbing air) that they were never on?!? :yes:

mountaindreamer
10-01-2009, 07:08 PM
you are trying to communicate some very important information here on WHL, and you give out the wrong disease. Hey everyone,,,,i am so sorry, i made a horrible mistake in my post about the black spots on my feet. I said they were from Sjorgern (sp), but actually, they are from Raynaud's....brain fog has dominated my life lately.

SirLupAllot
10-02-2009, 10:33 PM
You know you have brain fog when book your flight, reserve your rental car and when the day comes you make your journey to the destination only to learn that they weren't expecting you because you didn't confirm the meeting.

You know you have brain fog when you spend 15 minutes looking for you shoes ..then realize you are wearing them.

This is a hillarious thread ... thanks Rob !! :Thinkingof_:

... but guys, does it really get this bad? Yikes .. some of these kinda scare me. :wacko:

Bonita
10-04-2009, 10:49 AM
You know you have brain fog when you answer the phone and when you are done your husband says who was that and you cannot tell him because you cannot remember. He looks at me if there is something wrong. DAHHH. Bonita

Angel Oliver
10-04-2009, 01:32 PM
when you go to the shop in your slippers.x

Bonita
10-05-2009, 11:50 AM
I love this website you guys make me laugh and that feels good. Love Bonita

Spanglishqueen
10-05-2009, 12:00 PM
...When you enter the wrong user name and password and wonder why you can't log on :ponder: :laugh:

Angel Oliver
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
:) ive done that also :)xx

mountaindreamer
10-05-2009, 01:23 PM
i went to home depot one day, got out of the car, and realized that it still had on my house shoes....thank goodness i am bad about leaving shoes everywhere, so i had a pair in the car.

Tamy
10-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Awww, we are on our last page. Thanks for the laughs everybody, I absolutely loved this thread!
Tammy.

bunnie
10-05-2009, 04:37 PM
when you go outside to bring the trash out to the bin, stop and sort some things in the garage, and then decide you had better go inside and make dinner. You walk in the house and hear a noise like someone crinkling paper... what is going on?? OH! You were already making dinner and that is the ground beef sizzling on the stove!!
This crap is scary. I actually teared up thinking about the ramifications of this.... what if I had decided to keep sorting the garage??? :shocked:

If I only had a brain!!!
Deb

Saysusie
10-05-2009, 08:24 PM
OK..I've been away for a little over a week and this thread has just made my day! I have not laughed so hard in a very, very long time! Thank You, Rob, for starting this thread!!

*Still Laughing*

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Tamy
10-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Heres one for ya...I don't think this is brain fog, but the confusion is quite similar. When I read "1,2,3,...last page" on the title at Lauri's lounge, I assumed it meant that we are on our last page, as the thread was getting too long. But now that I have thought about it, i've realized that it means more than 3 pages long, and to go to the last page. lol
Funny but scary. I haven't been able to concentrate as normal lately, this morning I had a doc. appointment, I got into the car, put down my hand brake, put the car in reverse, and I wondered why the car wasn't moving. Then I noticed the silence around me, and realized I hadn't started the car. I've also been getting like a sharp lightning pain on the side of my head, followed by a twitch on the palm of my hand, just below my thumb. I've noticed the confusion started around the same time...something i'm going to need to mention to the rheumy on my next visit.
Tammy.

scarby
10-06-2009, 12:51 AM
you know you have brainfog when you go to a restaurant, eat and walk out without paying.

abbasgirl
10-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Do our angels work overtime watching over us or what??!! :biglaugh:

((((Hugs)))) to Deb... keep on hanging in there like you are. So glad everything turned out okay!

Jerzi
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Hahaha, I love reading other peoples fog moments. They're good for laughs, chucks and all that fun stuff.

You unpack groceries into the microwave.
You forget which key is for the front door to the apartment building and which is for your unit, then spend twenty minutes wondering why you can't unlock the door.

While I was pondering my other brain fog moments, I got up and wandered away from the computer and completely forgot I was writing this. When I eventually came back and discovered it, I was really baffled as to why my confused moments were written out in a text box. :hypnotized:

bunnie
10-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Thank you abbasgirl! I've decided not to leave the kitchen if I am cooking! :no:
Have a good night everyone!

adl011
10-06-2009, 08:14 PM
You know you have brain fog when...

you walk into the bedroom then back to the kitchen then back to the bedroom trying to remember why you went in the bedroom in the first place...(fyi, it was because I had to pee...and I couldn't remember until I sat back down and my bladder let me know again)

My husband got a huge laugh out of that one.

Also,

You know you have brain fog when you look all over the house for the remote control (and your husband looks) only to find a carton of juice on the couch and no remote...it was in the refridgerator...Great place for a remote control, don't you think?

These are so funny. Great idea Rob!

adl011
10-06-2009, 08:42 PM
here's another...just happened yesterday. You know you have brain fog when...

you go to mc donald's just to get a milk shake, come home with hamburger, fries, diet coke, AND actually remember the milkshake. Eat the food and drink the drink, and look for the milkshake that you THOUGHT you put in the freezer, and low and behold it's in the pantry, where the ketchup should have gone, and the ketchup is in the freezer. I didn't get my milkshake...it was chocolate milk, very HOT chocolate milk.

I had to laugh out loud about that one.

here's another too.

...when you go to school KNOWING it's wednesday, walk into your class, wait 30 minutes, and wonder if you missed the note about class being cancelled. Then I looked at my phone, IT'S TUESDAY...No class.

I'm so glad we can all laugh at ourselves and allow others to laugh with us! Much fun. :)

abbasgirl
10-07-2009, 06:38 AM
Thank you abbasgirl! I've decided not to leave the kitchen if I am cooking! :no:
Have a good night everyone!

I don't do that either. :hug:

lucky7
10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
OMG!! I just LOVE MY LOOPIES!!!!!!! YOu all are GREAT!!!!!!! It IS nice though that at least WE ALL have each other to understand! Who cares about anybody else! RIGHT!!!!:yes: WE ARE ENOUGH!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

pjreeses
10-07-2009, 08:02 PM
how about going shopping at walmart, waiting at the check out, driving home, unpacking groceries and realizing that nothing that you got was on the list and that you didn't get any item that was! this is bad for me because i work there. i had all day to remember and still forgot.

Spanglishqueen
10-12-2009, 08:18 PM
When you score 100% on the "how Stupid Are you Quiz" on FaceBook. :) Yup I answered yes to 1) putting metal in a toaster, 2) walking into a wall...NEED I SAY MORE :tongue2:

SandyR
10-12-2009, 08:36 PM
walking to the store to get tylenol. bringing a list so you don't forget your supper ingrediants. getting home and realizing you forgot the tylenol. :wacko:

SirLupAllot
10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
This morning I put some bacon on the stove to cook .. did random chores in the kitchen ... loaded the dishwasher, checked the bacon .. not ready to turn yet .. took out the trash .. checked the bacon .. not ready to turn yet ... got a glass and got something to drink .. checked the bacon .. not ready to turn yet ...

OHHHHHHHH, I forgot to turn on the burner. DUH. It was in the pan at least 15 minutes before I realized I hadn't turned it on yet.

sick n tired
10-13-2009, 12:43 AM
You know you have brainfog when...

...You go to get your purse only to find a box of melted popsicles in it's place...but not putting 2 and 2 together, you search for an hour for the purse....a child later discovers it in the freezer...

sick n tired
10-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Here's another one that happened this morning....

You know you have brainfog when: You are looking for your cell phone and begin to get upset that perhaps it was left at a store or something so you call the provider to get a new phone on insurance and hang up and it is then that you realize that you had the phone in your hand the whole time....hahaha sometimes it feels I am loosing my mind...

lucky7
10-16-2009, 09:48 AM
LOL LOL LOL Sick N Tired!!! OMG! I was going to post how i was looking for my sunglasses in my purse the other day and i started getting upset cuz i just KNEW i put them in there! My daughter looks at me laughing and she slowly takes the glasses OUT OF MY HAND and hands them to me! OMG! Talk about a LOOPIE moment! LOL :laugh:

boxer_mom65
10-20-2009, 04:24 AM
You absolutely can not figure out how to use these message boards, can not find where you even introduced yourself, can not see if anyone ever replied.... so you give up. I give up! I quit. Ya'll can have it.:hissyfit:

rob
09-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Tgal motivated me to resurrect this old thread about our funniest brainfog incidents. There's a bit of comedy gold here, and you may as well just laugh about it. Feel free to share.

I'll get the ball rolling again-

You know you have brainfog when you send a private message to another member, and at the same time you get excited that you yourself have suddenly received a private message from someone else, only to find out that you sent the PM to yourself.

And then, you really know you have brainfog when you start agreeing with this person thinking that this must be some sort of long lost soulmate or something, and you actually send this person a reply.

Saysusie
09-09-2010, 08:05 PM
OK Rob...I have to say that this is...by far...one of the funniest brain fog moments that I've read. I laughed hysterically when I read it..so I have to thank you for the laugh because it made me forget for a few moments :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

red246
09-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Saysusie - Have to agree with you! That was hysterical!

Thanks Rob!

rob
09-09-2010, 09:03 PM
OK Rob...I have to say that this is...by far...one of the funniest brain fog moments that I've read. I laughed hysterically when I read it..so I have to thank you for the laugh because it made me forget for a few moments :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Sleep deprivation, and methylprednisolone can do some strange things to your head. I actually did respond to myself. Totally nuts, I know, but at least I caught it. But then I forgot that, and the next morning, well...

I'm not quite with it tonight.

SandyR
09-10-2010, 06:34 AM
You know you have brain fog when someone asks you for personal information such as last name or SSN and you have to think a minute to make sure you are remembering yours and not your bosses!

You know you have brain fog when you get up from your desk to bring your boss something and go to his office without and go back to your desk to get it and then forget what it is you are going back and forth for so you go back to your boss and then remember what you forgot.

Bonita
09-10-2010, 09:25 AM
When you walk into a mobile station and ask to buy a hess truck. Bonita

Hillbillie
09-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Make a note to call a friend to wish them a happy Birthday, make the call, later forget you made the call, call again, she says yes you called me once already, make apology but not for the birthday wishes. Wake up the next morning see the note call the friend again because you forgot to call....My friends don't think I'm nuts....they know it!

DrinkofWtr
09-11-2010, 09:34 AM
You know you have brain fog when: You spray your hair with air freshener instead of hair spray.

magistramarla
09-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Good place for an old joke:
An old man says to his friend, "The older I get, the more I think about the hereafter."
The friend says, "Are you worried about dying?"
The old man responds, "No, every time I walk into a room, I have to stop and think, now, what am I here after?"

I find myself doing this more and more often lately!
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
09-11-2010, 04:52 PM
You know you have brain fog when....... You come home from your son's house; throw the dirty clothes in the wash and spend the next week looking for a piece of clothing you thought had been it the wash.

Needless to say, today I tore my room apart looking. Only this evening I decided to get my suitcase started for the next trip. There was my missing clothes. I unpacked the dirties and left the clean stuff,.!!!!!

Tell me that wasn't a major brain fart on my part.......

Nonna

tgal
09-11-2010, 08:03 PM
You know you have brain fog when....

You are talking to your brother and sister in law trying to explain about the burner on the stove that isn't working and you can't understand why they look so confused. Again and again you tell them and finally one of them pipes up to say..."I think you mean the stove not the washing machine". Apparently I had been telling them about the burner on my washing machine for the last 15 min. No wonder they were confused!

SandyR
09-13-2010, 06:54 AM
You know you have brain fog when....... You come home from your son's house; throw the dirty clothes in the wash and spend the next week looking for a piece of clothing you thought had been it the wash.

Needless to say, today I tore my room apart looking. Only this evening I decided to get my suitcase started for the next trip. There was my missing clothes. I unpacked the dirties and left the clean stuff,.!!!!!

Tell me that wasn't a major brain fart on my part.......

Nonna

Nonna,

I've done this one too! lol The plus side is the second packing is quick and mostly done. :)

Sandy

Saysusie
09-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Well, it may be a major one, but not necessarily a "one-of-a-kind" because I have done that too many times to count!! At the time, I think that I am making it easier on myself to leave some clothing in the suitcase. But, within the next hour, I've forgotten that they are there and I put the suitcase away and then spend the next couple of weeks (or sometimes months) looking for (and giving up as lost) those items of clothing.
Sometimes, I buy replacement clothing, only to open the suitcase, when packing for our next trip, to find everything that I thought I had lost. So, welcome to my world rofl

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
09-13-2010, 08:01 AM
I was just on the phone with my friend, she was giving me her dentists phone number,
wanting to write it down, I had put the pen on the ashtray and tried to write with the cigarrette, of course I've burned myself.
Smoking IS dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie

Nonna
09-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Well, it may be a major one, but not necessarily a "one-of-a-kind" because I have done that too many times to count!! At the time, I think that I am making it easier on myself to leave some clothing in the suitcase. But, within the next hour, I've forgotten that they are there and I put the suitcase away and then spend the next couple of weeks (or sometimes months) looking for (and giving up as lost) those items of clothing.
Sometimes, I buy replacement clothing, only to open the suitcase, when packing for our next trip, to find everything that I thought I had lost. So, welcome to my world rofl

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Wow Susie, I'm the one who usually says welcome to my world. I'm just glad there are others living in my world.

DrinkofWtr
09-13-2010, 12:07 PM

This happened to me yesterday: You look for your wallet all over the house and the car, and find it where it was all the while, in your purse, where it belonged to begin with.

Saysusie
09-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Or, worse yet, roam around looking for your purse that is hanging on your shoulder!!! That was just YESTERDAY!!! Uggh!

Nonna..isn't it great to know that we are not alone LOL

Peace and Blessings
Namaste

kim,l
09-19-2010, 03:07 PM
i know when my brain fog especially lately when i wrote down doctors appointment and then forgot what i wrote it on and where i put it and who the doctor was and why i was going also went to make cup of tea walked away from the kitchen 3 times before i remembered what i was doing also had major scare a 2 weeks ago forgot to turn off gas if my daughter had not smelt it we could have been in big trouble now i get everyone to double check gas when i have been using it just to be safe.

Nonna
09-20-2010, 03:22 AM
i know when my brain fog especially lately when i wrote down doctors appointment and then forgot what i wrote it on and where i put it and who the doctor was and why i was going also went to make cup of tea walked away from the kitchen 3 times before i remembered what i was doing also had major scare a 2 weeks ago forgot to turn off gas if my daughter had not smelt it we could have been in big trouble now i get everyone to double check gas when i have been using it just to be safe.

Kim I've done that also, everyone double checks me now when I'm done in the kitchen.

Oh and I'm still having major brain fog when it comes to emails

Hunniebun
09-20-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure if this really counts too much in the fog department or just me being really stupid lol...How about after you've dried off from swimming at the local pool and are getting dressed and you wear your pants home backwards. YES...I put my pants on backwards and I didn't even realize it until later and I was walking around in public like that!!! lol

tgal
09-20-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure if this really counts too much in the fog department or just me being really stupid lol...How about after you've dried off from swimming at the local pool and are getting dressed and you wear your pants home backwards. YES...I put my pants on backwards and I didn't even realize it until later and I was walking around in public like that!!! lol

OMG I have done that too! I thought I was the only one!

red246
09-20-2010, 11:55 AM
OMG I have done that too! I thought I was the only one!

I haven't put my pants on backwards, but I have been known to put a shirt or two on backwards. :)

rob
09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
You know you have brainfog when you pull up to the first window at the drive-thru to pay for your quarter pounder with cheese, and then forget to stop at the second window to pick it up.

And then, you really know you have brainfog when you make it all the way home before you start wondering what the hell happened to your quarter pounder with cheese.

And then, the ultimate brainfog is when you forget about being hungry and even going to Mickey D's in the first place!

debbie-b
09-21-2010, 04:11 PM
You know you have brainfog when you pull up to the first window at the drive-thru to pay for your quarter pounder with cheese, and then forget to stop at the second window to pick it up.

And then, you really know you have brainfog when you make it all the way home before you start wondering what the hell happened to your quarter pounder with cheese.

And then, the ultimate brainfog is when you forget about being hungry and even going to Mickey D's in the first place!

OMG that is a good one, THAT has never happened to me, YET.
I can see the face of the person in the second window. That is to funny.

Debbie

SandyR
11-10-2010, 07:36 AM
*BUMP TO THE TOP*

A laugh to brighten your day.

tgal
11-10-2010, 12:13 PM
You know you have brain fog when you spend 10 min trying to hook the computer to the cord and seeing your frustration your teenage daughter walks up and quietly says as she points to the hole in the back of the computer, "hey mom? That hole is square and the plug in your hand is round.". You know that it is MORE THEN brain fog when you look back and forth between the two and can't tell a difference! (the next morning one looked square and one round but that night... nope! The sparks shooting out at me wasn't a give-a-way either!) LOL

Saysusie
11-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Rofl :-)

MrsPony
11-11-2010, 01:41 AM
OMG! This has just brought me to tears laughing! I thought I just got distracted easily (which I'm still not counting out) but maybe I have a bit of brain fog too!

I'm always going into a room and forgetting why I was going there in the first place... Wash my hair and about to get out then remember that I haven't soaped myself off yet...

Glad I can blame my 'blond moments' on my Lupus now (why not add it to the list)! hahah!

sue27
11-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Thank for the laughs. I have done so many stupid things. Have put the coffee in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard. Putting the washing machine on and not putting the washing liquid in and even not putting the washing in. Have to laugh at myself. Although some days i do cry. I can relate to so many of these stories. If nothing else reading other peoples makes me feel so much better to realize that you are not alone in the daft things i do when i remember to do things. Keep posting these stories. Reading them makes me feel a little more normal. Thats if i remember to come back. lol

tgal
11-11-2010, 09:24 AM
OMG! This has just brought me to tears laughing! I thought I just got distracted easily (which I'm still not counting out) but maybe I have a bit of brain fog too!

I'm always going into a room and forgetting why I was going there in the first place... Wash my hair and about to get out then remember that I haven't soaped myself off yet...

Glad I can blame my 'blond moments' on my Lupus now (why not add it to the list)! hahah!

You really can blame it on the Lupus! Brain fog is one of the real symptoms. Mine goes beyond brain fog because I have neurological damage but even those that don't get the fog. It is part of the disease. So sit back and enjoy the stupid moments now that you have a real excuse for it!

Bonita
11-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Rob you are always so funny. Bonita

SandyR
11-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Thank for the laughs. I have done so many stupid things. Have put the coffee in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard. Putting the washing machine on and not putting the washing liquid in and even not putting the washing in. Have to laugh at myself. Although some days i do cry. I can relate to so many of these stories. If nothing else reading other peoples makes me feel so much better to realize that you are not alone in the daft things i do when i remember to do things. Keep posting these stories. Reading them makes me feel a little more normal. Thats if i remember to come back. lol

Sue -
Last year I went to the laundry mat, loaded 5 washers in a row, added all the coins in the slots, went down the row and added the soap, put them all on, came back in 25 mins and put 4 loads of clean wet wash in the dryers, didn't load the 5th b/c I saw it wasn't yet washed and forgot it was mine, came back 40 mins later, folded all the clothes and just as I finish the owner sees a load in that forgotten washer and says "Is this yours too?". d'oH! Thankfully that laundrymat is around the corner and not out of my way and I just did that load then!
Sandy

serand4
11-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Perfect thread!! You know you have brain fog when you finally just say, "yep, I probably said that" when someone quotes you and you have no recollection of the whole conversation!

A real bonus is that you can rewatch a program on TV because you don't recall half of it!

teresaa40
11-13-2010, 04:53 AM
You know you have brain fog when.....what was the question again?

Nonna
11-13-2010, 06:35 AM
You know you have brain fog when.....what was the question again?

Which way am I going, uh-ooo I'm going the wrong way, I want to go in the opposite direction. I did that last weekend.

xani's mom
11-14-2010, 09:04 PM
These are all hilarious.
You know you have brain fog when you can't find your cell phone, so you pick up your cell phone and call your cell phone to find it by ring and it's in your hand. What's worse trying to figure out why the hell the cell phone is giving you a busy signal.
Hugs-Heather

Han
11-14-2010, 11:53 PM
You know you have brain fog when, after a frantic 15 minutes searching for the car keys you finally unearth the spare set, get into the car and can't put the key in the ignition because... your car keys are already in there.

Whoops.

rob
11-15-2010, 08:41 AM
You know you have brain fog when, after a frantic 15 minutes searching for the car keys you finally unearth the spare set, get into the car and can't put the key in the ignition because... your car keys are already in there.

Whoops.

Jeez, I thought i was the only one who did that!

SandyR
11-15-2010, 12:37 PM

Whoops.

I've done this so many times with the keys to the front door. smh. still fall for it each time too.

sue27
11-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Had a classic case of brain fog this morning. Leaving for the Drs. Went to lock the back door and could'nt find the keys for the back door. After a frantic search and a call to the other half who had no idea where they were not to be late i left the door unlocked. My daughter was home after all. Back from Drs in need of a drink went to the fridge and yes you've guessed it. There were the keys nice and cold in the fridge. Phoned other half who found it very funny. Told him i'd put them there for safe keeping. So if that was at the start of my day i think i'm in for a very intresting day indeed.

Sue xx

tgal
11-19-2010, 05:44 AM
LOL Sue. Gotta love it

scubagramplit
11-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Honestly, how many people get to do something again for the first time? huh? I go to watch a movie and my wife will tell me I have already seen it. I tell her I don't remember so I will watch it again for the first time. or visit some place again for the first time. We are blessed we have lupus:~)

tgal
11-19-2010, 10:32 AM
LOL I love the way you think

kimmielou
11-19-2010, 10:58 AM
You know you have brain fog when you forget what you were going to do on the way to do it.. when you put milk in your cupboard, when you forget what you were talking about mid sentence..

Nonna
11-19-2010, 12:54 PM
You know you have brain fog, when you go to meet mountaindreamer for lunch and leave everything but your wallet on your desk at work. Thank goodness I did not leVe my wallet. Phyllis looks good.

Nonna

sue27
11-19-2010, 02:19 PM
This is one i know very well. Anoying but funny at times.

Sue

Han
11-19-2010, 04:50 PM
You know you have brainfog when you leave porridge soaking on the stove, but obviously turned on the burner. Well, you know you have brainfog when you smell your burning breakfast, anyway!

Sue, that's classic! Jim, I love the way you look at life.

Linda From Australia
11-21-2010, 12:16 AM
You know you have brain fog when you use your GPS to find your way home because it is too hard to think and drive at the same time.

Nonna
11-21-2010, 06:41 AM
You know you have brain fog when you use your GPS to find your way home because it is too hard to think and drive at the same time.

Oh Linda I love that one gotta get me one so I don't go in the wrong direction again

nonna

SandyR
11-22-2010, 07:59 AM
you know you have brain fog when you reread a post you just read and don't realize you already read it until you go to reread it a second time.

tgal
11-22-2010, 08:04 AM
you know you have brain fog when you reread a post you just read and don't realize you already read it until you go to reread it a second time.

LOL Orrrrr... You reread a post and comment on it just to figure out that you commented on it yesterday!

Nonna
11-22-2010, 11:47 AM
LOL how many times have I done that

wolfwhisper
11-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I've done it too. rofl.

Rob- My mom did the same drive-thru thing at Taco Bell. My dad had to go in and get it.

Here are mine...

continually forced to raise your hand for the question you forgot 3 minutes ago...Then forget again as soon as your called on.

Walk up to the teachers desk to turn in homework, follower her through the hallway to ask questions about that nights homework, and go home only to find out you still have the paper you were supposed to turn in.

Asking a foriegn student where they are from, where they graduated what their age is, etc. A look of concern appears on her face. Then you remember you asked all of these questions while you were still in class....Twice.

I was in the middle of a conversation with the same foreign student, and corrected her pronunciation. She was saying coat instead of quote. I'm wondering why she's trying to put a coat into her essay. Then she says *coat* right, and I look at her funny because I forgot what she was originally asking me. *I mean quote....

Claim up and down you've never seen the movie (despite it being in your collection for only lord knows how long), and realize at the end that you have seen it and it's gone from your least favorite movie to your favorite and back again.

Turing on a pot of boiling water for tea. Forgetting about to later find a cooking pot with hardly any water. Redo the water and boiling, then remind your mom that the tea water is done. Never mind that you'd set the pot of water on for yourself, and get nothing out of it for all the water that's been boiled out again. *Now we let my dad remember about the tea

confuse the size of a turkey as being the size of two chickens (Thought we were having turkey tonight AND on thanksgiving).

tgal
11-26-2010, 09:38 PM

You post on a dear friends facebook wall to say Happy Thanksgiving and the next day your 15 year old says "Hey mom? Why did you tell Kathleen "Happy Easter". LOL

Islablue
11-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I know I have brainfog when I fill the coffee pot up with water, put the coffee in the filter, then fill the coffee pot up with water...

Islablue
11-26-2010, 09:41 PM
you know you have brain fog when...

You post on a dear friends facebook wall to say happy thanksgiving and the next day your 15 year old says "hey mom? Why did you tell kathleen "happy easter". Lol

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

debbie-b
11-27-2010, 05:14 AM

You post on a dear friends facebook wall to say Happy Thanksgiving and the next day your 15 year old says "Hey mom? Why did you tell Kathleen "Happy Easter". LOL

I have done that on wednesday at work, instead of saying Happy Thanksgiving, I told three customers, Happy Halloween.
After that I just said, " have a nice holiday", I just couldn't think of Thanksgiving.

Debbie

SandyR
11-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Saturday was quite foggy for me. Did too many things that were way out in far east fogland.

First (and this is quite stupid and scary really) - I washed my hands after putting hair product in my hair(the sink has a clog and drains very slowly) and then I dried them and picked up the hair dryer and started to dry my hair. Well, I knocked something into the sink and without thinking stuck my right hand right into the sink with the water still draining to retrieve what fell while I was holding the hair dryer in my left hand. Dumb dumb dumb!

After I finally calmed down from drying my hair I was about to go out of the house to go a swing dance and as I am putting my coat on I realize I never ate dinner. Kind of a big deal being that I am a diet controlled diabetic. Off came the coat and I instantly made dinner (thank goodness for leftovers!)

When I was leaving I couldn't remember if I was supposed to go up Rte 111 to Stonybrook or up Rte 112 to Smithtown. (I've been to this place too many times not to know). I couldn't figure it out and kept thinking it's in Smithtown so I have to go up Rte 112. I should mention the 2 exits for these roads are about 10 miles apart and rte 112 is farther from me. Well off I went to 112 and just before I get to that exit I realize I am supposed to be in Smithtown but Smithtown is off rte 111. D'Oh! Back round the highway cloverleaf I went.

Finally made it dancing. Remembered my way home. Almost forgot my dance shoes at the dance when I left but a friend saw me do that and reminded me. Woke up Sunday and was out of the foglands again. For a while at least...

Nonna
11-29-2010, 11:34 AM
You know you have brain fog when you put something by the door so you won't forget it....... then 3 hours later realize you did forget it.

tgal
11-29-2010, 11:46 AM
OK.. I have become an idiot! I wasn't an idiot before. I promise! I worked with lawyers every day legal documents and there was a period of time that I took a break from that and went to get my certifications from Microsoft so I could install networks and do computer support. I am simply telling you this to reinforce the "I wasn't an idiot" thing.

For several months my dryer has not been working properly. Being out of work I couldn't afford to have it looked at (thank goodness! More on this later) but I had tried everything to fix it. It would take about 6 hours to actually dry a load of clothes. I cleaned out the dryer vent. I even borrowed a machine from my neighbor to clean it out better. I did this again yesterday thinking MAYBE this time it would help. Nope. Nothing. Not only was this a hassle but it was costing me a TON of money on my utility bill!

Fast forward to today. I have clothes in the dryer and, of course, they are not dry. FINALLY I decide to look behind the machine and see if there is anything around the vent hose. It was COVERED in junk. I felt so smug as I began moving the machine (which I am sure I will pay for later tonight or tomorrow) in order to get the trash out. As it begins to move I notice that the hose isn't moving. It is laying on the ground. It is unhooked! Well THAT would explain all the hair and crap I kept having to clean out of the dryer! I should have figured this out months and months ago! I feel almost as dumb (but not quite) as dumb as I did when I figured out that I can change the titles of my own threads on here. LOL

Lovin' getting to know the new me (NOT)

Saysusie
11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Well, I would NOT call you an idiot, by any means. I mean, how many of us would consider checking the hose connection if the dryer were not working well. I think that I would have done exactly what you did. What's worse is that I DID. Only, in my stupidity, I balled and complained to my hubby about the dryer not working and the fact that I've done everything that I can to fix it, but it still doesn't work; and how we can't afford to continue to pay for a dryer that runs for 3-4 hours; for that money, we may as well buy a new dryer. So,,he buys me a new dryer. When the new dryer was delivered, the guys begin to pull the old one out and what do they find???? Yes, the hose is not connected..there is a ton of lint and cat hairs...they clean it out, hook the hose up and tell me that the dryer works just fine!!!!!
My husband, understandably, is quite irritated saying that he asked me if I checked the hose and I said I did ("did I say that? when? Did I check the hose?). At any rate, his decision is to keep the new dryer anyway..but he is PISSED about having to give away a perfectly good dryer!
So, sweetie, don't feel alone and pat yourself on the back for at least figuring it out before an unnecessary purchase was made!!! Now I AM THE ONE WHO IS AN IDIOT!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
11-29-2010, 06:43 PM
LOL Thank you for making me feel less alone in this! Oh my I just don't know sometimes!

red246
11-29-2010, 08:16 PM
(((Tgal)))

We all know you weren't an idiot before and you're still not one now!!!! For whatever reason, we just don't think the same way that we used to. But, we are by no means idiots! I know we all feel like one at some point or another, but it is not true. I can't remember half the stuff I used to and my mind doesn't wrap around things the way it used to, but I'm still me somewhere in there.
Okay, while I was typing this Saysusie beat me to it! lol You're not an idiot either! I swore I made the mortgage payment too, but I never mailed it! OOPS!

debbie-b
11-30-2010, 06:52 PM
I just now, dicovered something. I am cooking a big pot of chili, nice on a cold day.
I am stirring it and tasting it, it doesn't look right and it doesen't taste right.
So I put in more spices, still, something is not right.
I am sitting here on the pc, BINGO I've got it, NO BEANS.
It is 9.00 pm and I have to run to the store to buy kidney beans. In the cold freezing rain. UGH.

Debbie

tgal
11-30-2010, 07:39 PM
I just now, dicovered something. I am cooking a big pot of chili, nice on a cold day.
I am stirring it and tasting it, it doesn't look right and it doesen't taste right.
So I put in more spices, still, something is not right.
I am sitting here on the pc, BINGO I've got it, NO BEANS.
It is 9.00 pm and I have to run to the store to buy kidney beans. In the cold freezing rain. UGH.

Debbie

I knew just from reading this post that you had to be a yankee! Only yankees put beans in their chili! LOL Chili has NO BEANS! (love ya anyway!!)

debbie-b
11-30-2010, 09:10 PM
I knew just from reading this post that you had to be a yankee! Only yankees put beans in their chili! LOL Chili has NO BEANS! (love ya anyway!!)

Hey my friend,
Just so you know, I have lived in Houston and Dallas for over 20 years and have always put beans in my chili.
The funny part is, that I am actually from Germany, I came to the USA when I was 25.
But you know what? I think you are right, my brother in law from NY tought me how to cook chili, because it is not really a german dish.lol

Debbie

tgal
11-30-2010, 09:54 PM
LOL see! I knew it had to come from somewhere above the mason/dixon line!

rob
12-01-2010, 02:57 AM
Ah, the exhaust hose becoming unhooked from the dryer is a common, but easily overlooked problem. It happens, no biggie.

Rob

PS-In my world chili without beans is more commonly referred to as tomato sauce. (smiley) Chili without beans is like Starsky without Hutch, Fleetwood without Mac, Jack without Daniels...(another smiley)

Nonna
12-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Love the PS Rob

SandyR
12-01-2010, 07:52 AM
PS-In my world chili without beans is more commonly referred to as tomato sauce. (smiley) Chili without beans is like Starsky without Hutch, Fleetwood without Mac, Jack without Daniels...(another smiley)

Thanks for the laugh! That was great - so true too!

tgal
12-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Ah, the exhaust hose becoming unhooked from the dryer is a common, but easily overlooked problem. It happens, no biggie.

Rob

sorry that you are lost in the nether world, Rob *winks*

debbie-b
12-01-2010, 10:40 AM

Rob

I agree, fellow Yankee.

Debbie

Nonna
12-18-2010, 08:21 AM
You know you have brain fog when you go thru every drawer in you room looking for your favorite jeans, not to find them. Then go thru all the laundry and still not find them. Wear something else to work; come and start to pick up and in the cornor hiding are the jeans.

Oh well, I put them there specfically so I'd find them for casual day. Dang

tgal
12-18-2010, 09:09 AM
lol Nonna! Yes, I hide things way too well from myself as well. Putting things "where I can remember them" usually means they are lost for months

Angel Oliver
12-19-2010, 12:28 PM
.....you go out shopping and find your old knickers hanging from your handbag when you meant to take them downstairs n put them in the washing machine before you actually went out shopping! lol:)xx

OHMEOHMY
12-19-2010, 03:39 PM
you know you have brain fog when you realize the tv is not changing channels because you are pointing the phone at it.
OR, your phone call is not going through, because your holding the remote control to your head.

tgal
12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
you know you have brain fog when you realize the tv is not changing channels because you are pointing the phone at it.
OR, your phone call is not going through, because your holding the remote control to your head.

OMG I have done this!!!!!!!!!! LOL

OHMEOHMY
12-19-2010, 04:03 PM
...or, that your (smarter than you thought) dog has learned to answer to ALL the names of ALL the dogs you've ever had.

OHMEOHMY
12-19-2010, 04:24 PM
oh, wait, did i already post? i think it had something to do with my...uhm...oh yea, my dog! now, what was it i was thinking...hmm...oh well, i'll remember later ;-) !

OHMEOHMY
12-19-2010, 04:50 PM
actually, i knew for sure i had brain fog this one time my cousin was visiting. we were just hanging out, and i was channel surfing the movie channels. finding that movie "Shall We Dance?", with Richard Gere, i was all exited, as i had been wanting to see it, and waiting for HBO or something to show it. OH BOY, i said, let's check this out!
my cousin looked all around, everywhere but at me, and eventually informed me that we had watched it the night before.
i was embarrassed, humiliated, crestfallen! arrggghh!
to cheer me up, she told me that i had, in fact, enjoyed it very much, and she would be willing to watch it with me again! so...we did. apparently i enjoyed it the second time, just as much as the first ;-) !

scubagramplit
12-20-2010, 04:10 AM
who else do you know that gets to do something more than once for first time:~}

actually, i knew for sure i had brain fog this one time my cousin was visiting. we were just hanging out, and i was channel surfing the movie channels. finding that movie "Shall We Dance?", with Richard Gere, i was all exited, as i had been wanting to see it, and waiting for HBO or something to show it. OH BOY, i said, let's check this out!
my cousin looked all around, everywhere but at me, and eventually informed me that we had watched it the night before.
i was embarrassed, humiliated, crestfallen! arrggghh!
to cheer me up, she told me that i had, in fact, enjoyed it very much, and she would be willing to watch it with me again! so...we did. apparently i enjoyed it the second time, just as much as the first ;-) !

wolfwhisper
12-27-2010, 02:24 PM
You know it's brainfog when your 81 year old grandmother (who calls you by your idiotic *put nicely* cousin's name) calls finally calls you by your name after 13 years and you say, "sorry mom. I missed it. What did you say"? Using it as a cover up for the fact that you forgot what she said the first time.

Nonna
12-30-2010, 05:46 AM
I got a good one, I did it Friday on my way to my Mom and Dad's. I got to the airport fine, parked the car, checked in and when through security ok. I get down to the train platform and realize I don't have my suitcase. Ok where did I leave it..........
Thankfully in security.
I went back and it was still on the table,rack roller thingy. Thank theLord for watching over me.

Nonna
twitching but remembering Matthew11:28-30

SandyR
12-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Thank God they didn't stop you for that! lol

debbie-b
12-30-2010, 07:57 AM
My laundry room is right next to my kitchen and that is where I also keep my trashcan.
Yesterday after taking a shower, I gathered all the dirty clothes and towels and went into the laundry room, where I threw all my laundry into the trashcan. My husband came home and put something in the trash and asked me, why I was throwing all my clothes and towels are in the trash.
He thought I was cleaning out the closets.
I am glad, there wasn't anything gross in the trashcan.lol

Debbie

LanaS
01-02-2011, 06:40 AM
I love this site. It is important that we laugh. I tell my auto friends you can never afford to lose your sense of humor.

So here it goes: You know you have brain fog when you knock on your own door, with the keys in your hand, but still wait for an answer, (sadly this is true).

Lana

Saysusie
01-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Lana;
I am so glad that you posted this because I did this just LAST NIGHT!! I knocked, rang the doorbell, knocked again and (worse yet) was walking back to my car when I realized that I was actually at home. I did not even tell my husband about this!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

LanaS
01-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Amen Sister!

sue27
01-03-2011, 02:13 AM
You know you have brain fog when standing in the queue for a take out and asking what my daughter wanted when a minute later i had forgotten what she wanted when they asked. My daughter says i need a block of post-it notes stuck to my head, think she might be right.

Sue x

red246
01-03-2011, 06:16 AM
You know you have brain fog when standing in the queue for a take out and asking what my daughter wanted when a minute later i had forgotten what she wanted when they asked. My daughter says i need a block of post-it notes stuck to my head, think she might be right.

Sue x

I do this all the time w/the kids! It would just be so much easier if they would say what they want, but NOOOOOO, we don't want to talk to the big bad people at McDonalds! LOL

tgal
01-03-2011, 06:55 AM
You know you have brain fog when you forget things so often that you put a white board in your kitchen dining room, not for reminders for the kids but for reminders for the mother!!

Nonna
01-03-2011, 12:32 PM
You know you have brain fog when you forget things so often that you put a white board in your kitchen dining room, not for reminders for the kids but for reminders for the mother!!

I use the note pad on my itouch

tgal
01-03-2011, 12:44 PM
LOL I was using something myself but my daughter said I was missing too many things she said so now it is for both of us to fill out!

MorrisonGal
01-03-2011, 09:41 PM
These are great!

tgal
01-03-2011, 09:42 PM
These are great!

We have to laugh at ourself and it sure helps to know we are not the only one losing our mind!

wolfwhisper
01-04-2011, 09:09 AM
I used to have one! Used to because I'd forget to use it, and now I forgot where I put it! XD

You know you have brain-fog when your best friend tells you she's not related because of your horrible memory (had to ask what we were talking about at least 3 times for the same conversation).

Nonna
01-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Ok, I need to let y'all laugh at me. I can not keep my dr's appointments straight. I wish I could laugh at the moment but right now I feel like a fool. I thought they were all tommorrow but one was cancelled one was actually today and the last is still tommorrow . Silly me, I need the reminder cards to keep this straight

Blah! I'm calling myself a dingbat!!??

Ease laugh this is funny, but .....

tgal
01-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Ok, I need to let y'all laugh at me. I can not keep my dr's appointments straight. I wish I could laugh at the moment but right now I feel like a fool. I thought they were all tommorrow but one was cancelled one was actually today and the last is still tommorrow . Silly me, I need the reminder cards to keep this straight

Blah! I'm calling myself a dingbat!!??

Ease laugh this is funny, but .....

Oh Nonna I am so sorry! I have done that too! I used to forget my dr. appointments all the time until I started setting alarms on my phone while I was sitting at the last appointment! Crazy Crazy Lupus

Linda From Australia
01-06-2011, 04:38 AM
I have problems with so many appointments myself, and those my daughter has. So I have printed off a calendar in the front to my notebook I keep in my bag and I look at it each day just to check what appointments I have. Works well so far, I just have to remember to look at it though.

wolfwhisper
01-07-2011, 11:00 PM
My dad reminded me for several days about my blood test (he's the only one with a memory in the house). I remembered 3 times yesterday that the bloodtest was today. Then remembered just after midnight that I had to fast and couldn't get the snack I wanted. XD

you know when you have brainfog, when you write a note to yourself and put it next to an item you get everyday, then a few days later realize, you never went to get it. (My friend brought up a picture of the books in his room. Then I remembered that two days ago, I wrote a note to find one of the books I've been itching to read and attached it to the milk carton. Haven't been to get a glass of milk, therefore bypassing the message I thought I put in a great place. oops.)

Nonna
01-21-2011, 04:53 AM
You know you have Brain Fog when you have to reread every thread you want to post on to see if you already posted on it. 5 times already today maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

LOL Nonna
twitching away

SandyR
01-21-2011, 08:17 AM
You know you have Brain Fog when you are reminded about a dr's appointment 3 times and remember it all the way until it's time to go to it and then you remember it again 45 mins after you were supposed to be there.

GoodDog
01-21-2011, 09:03 PM
... or you show up on time but it's the wrong doctor! I even pulled out the appointment card to show them that they were wrong. The gal was so sweet when she said but this is Dr. xxxxx's office not Dr. xxxxx.

Nonna
01-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Or you mark down the wrong day on the calendar then freak when you get the reminder phone call

tgal
01-22-2011, 08:21 AM
... or you show up on time but it's the wrong doctor! I even pulled out the appointment card to show them that they were wrong. The gal was so sweet when she said but this is Dr. xxxxx's office not Dr. xxxxx.

LOL I do stuff like this all the time! So glad that I am not alone!

Bonita
01-22-2011, 09:34 AM
I love this post it so reminds us how funny life can be and to laugh at ourselves. Bonita

Nonna
01-22-2011, 09:46 AM
that's the main reason I keep bring it forward. Laughter is the best medicine and we can all use a good laugh - especially at ourselves

SandyR
01-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I almost forgot that I rescheduled that appointment. Again. I think I will need to set about 17 alarms for Wednesday so I remember!

tgal
01-31-2011, 01:56 PM

You are looking at your cell phone and don't recognize a phone number so you call it to see who it is. Right about the same time your home phone begins to ring so you pick it up to check the caller ID on it (while continuing to call the number on the cell phone). When the caller ID comes on it takes you a moment to figure out that it is YOUR CELL PHONE that is calling YOUR HOME PHONE! As you hang up you are very thankful you are alone and no one else in the house has to know what you did!

tgal
02-08-2011, 10:17 PM

At one time you worked on computers for a living (and have multiple certifications from Microsoft) but when discussing replacing the keyboard on her laptop she replies "ummm, mom? Please take this with all the love in the world but I can picture you pulling my laptop apart and then forgetting about it and leaving it broken for days or weeks". Yes, I laughed. I couldn't get mad because I could see it too!! LOL

Nonna
02-09-2011, 04:51 AM
LOL that's a good one Mari
You know you have brain fog when you go to the kitchen to do something important like fix dinner and get a drink and go back to what you were doing

Nonna
02-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Got another one folks: Sunday in my cooking frenzy I also made soup to take for my lunches this week, yesterday I sat down to eat it and realized I'd forgot to add seasonings...... Blah !!!!

tgal
02-15-2011, 07:18 AM
LOL Good one Nonna!

Nonna
02-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Got another one..... You know you have "Brain Fog" when you get your Mords all Wixed.

jmail
02-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Got another one folks: Sunday in my cooking frenzy I also made soup to take for my lunches this week, yesterday I sat down to eat it and realized I'd forgot to add seasonings...... Blah !!!!
Ever make a really *nice* pot of chicken noodle soup, sit down to eat-drink it, get to the bottom of the bowl, wondering what the odds are that you wouldn't find any meat in your bowl, get up to go get yourself some more, and then you see the chicken still sitting in the frying pan, next to the soup pot...

Got another one..... You know you have "Brain Fog" when you get your Mords all Wixed.
I gorget how two sprell thangz... Or mabye it's my figners conspirin' tu make me look bad...

serand4
02-16-2011, 12:44 PM
It's so funny this showed back up today. I was downstairs with my washer repairman (sounds like the start of a bad movie, doesn't it?) and my favorite cat bounces up on top of the washer to try to get the guy to hold her (she's ultra affectionate). Immediately I say, "this is..." and the cat's name fell out of my brain without a trace! I'm sure the look on my face was priceless - a mix of embarrassment and disbelief! The gentleman was nice enough not to pursue the conversation.

tgal
02-16-2011, 06:38 PM
LOL I did that with my neighbor Serand! We are very close and I walked up to her door, rang the doorbell and when her son answered the door I said "um.. is......" couldn't remember her name to SAVE MY LIFE! lol The teen looked at me like I was nuts and said " umm.. Amy?" I just shook my head and walked in!

ashleybaby715
02-17-2011, 12:41 AM
i went to make coffee earlier today...and in my dorm, you're limited to so many outlets, so i have to unplug the lights i strung around the room and plug in my coffee pot when i use it. i set up the coffee pot...got the coffee mug ready...clicked the button, walked away... 2 hours later, realized the coffee never even brewed! i NEVER plugged it in!
...the fact it took me 2 hours to realize this...totally sad. lmfao !

SandyR
02-18-2011, 08:51 AM
you do something ridiculously silly caused by brain fog and think I have to add that to the brain fog thread and then forget about it until logging into this site and remember you had something funny to share on this thread but forget what you did that you wanted to share in the first place.

Nonna
02-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Did you ever you think..... I need to post an answer to that comment and you can't remember which thread it's on or find it by searching

tgal
02-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Raises my hand and yells "me me me" LOL

I have had a lot of fog lately and I read threads and think "i need to go back to that". When I try to go back it isn't in the "what's new" section and I can't think of the title or who started it!

SandyR
02-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Me too! *smiley face*

Got a new one for you all -

You know you have brain fog when you finally make it to your parent's home and rush in the door to relieve your bladder and enter the code to turn off the alarm XYA# and it doesn't turn off so you try that code again. No luck. You run upstairs thinking you just need to use the other keypad that somethings wrong and re-enter the same code XYA# and time is up. The alarm is blaring, your heart is pumping, and all you want to do is pee which you almost do right in the foyer when the alarm goes off. The house phone won't work so you go outside to use the cell phone and call your stepmom only to find out that the code is XYA-Off and Off is the number 2 button not the #. *smacks face*

jmail
02-22-2011, 06:16 PM
... and then the cops come and don't believe you 'cause you're a long-hair hippie type, like what happened to me 'bout 25 years ago?... lolol - only it was the neighbors that called, and not an alarm. I never did get to pee until I was at the cop station, and then I had me an "escort" for that...

Nonna
02-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Ok, I woke up this morning thinking it was Wednesday. Posted such on Facebook. When to work and did my Tuesday stuff and not until 5 did I truly realize that it was Tuesday and not Wednesday.

Duhhhhhhh

BonusMom
02-22-2011, 08:33 PM
I dole out my meds in weekly pill strips and fill the four strips up monthly. I ran out of my stay-awake-meds (Adderall) half way through my monthly fill. When I received the shipment last week, I placed the bottle next to the strip of meds as a reminder to fill 'er up.

Last night, I placed the strip of meds in my purse, the bottle in the pantry and went to bed. I got half-way to work this morning and realized that *dummy me* forgot to put the Adderall in the strip of weekly meds.

Needless to say, it was a REALLY longgggggg day at the office today! Oh, I also forgot my glasses and gloves when I left the house this morning (and apparently my brain!)......

Nonna
02-28-2011, 06:43 PM
you know you have brain fog when you can't have remember the name of this thread. so i'm bumping it up for Porchy to find and read so she can have a laugh

wolfwhisper
03-03-2011, 07:39 PM
you know you have brain fog when you can't have remember the name of this thread. so i'm bumping it up for Porchy to find and read so she can have a laugh
I just did that. I was thinking "what's the fog we get called again?" *face palm*

Very Dangerous (Next time, I'm just letting mom make the tea):
you know you have brain fog when You get so into a conversation you forget your tea water is boiling until it can only make a single cup, leave the tea to sit for 20 minutes (forogt to take it out after 5), and then leave the stove on with the pot on top until your dad calls out "who burned the pot!" and everyone is calling back 'not me'. Of course you respond that all you did was make tea. Go check the stove to find that it's been on for about 25-30 minutes with no water in it.

The only "good" part about this post is that I'm not the only one who forgets to do this. My mom did it already, and I think it was the same pot lol.

tgal
03-03-2011, 08:05 PM
You know you have fog when your daughter is gone with her father and he calls on the phone to tell me something and says after " I told Ash to tell you but she said pfffttt. she won't remember unless it is written on the board". LOL Sad part is that she is correct!

wolfwhisper
03-03-2011, 09:26 PM
My teacher once told another student, "you'd forget your head if it wasn't attached to your shoulders". I think this is the case for us lol
I forgot about my tea......again. Haven't touched it since before I posted last. lol

Nonna
03-04-2011, 02:40 AM
My teacher once told another student, "you'd forget your head if it wasn't attached to your shoulders". I think this is the case for us lol
I forgot about my tea......again. Haven't touched it since before I posted last. lol

That teacher must be from Pennsylvania, that is a favorite Pennsylvania Dutch saying, have been hearing it all my life.
LOL and how true it is!

jmail
03-04-2011, 08:20 AM
You know you have brain fog when you have to back up and correct every third - no, second - word you type, and then *still* have to come back in and "Edit" the #@$% post for typos... goodness!

wolfwhisper
03-04-2011, 04:53 PM
You know you have brain fog when you have to back up and correct every third - no, second - word you type, and then *still* have to come back in and "Edit" the #@$% post for typos... goodness!

Gotta love the 'Edit' button! (almost put "Typo" button rofl). I blame most of the typos on the keyboard because it puts words being typed into an already finished sentance. Other than that, I'm to blame!! lol.

rob
03-04-2011, 05:22 PM
You know you have brainfog when you go to dump a load of laundry into the washing machine, and you end up dumping it into the toilet instead. (in my bathroom the washer is right next to the toilet)

Then you really know that you have brainfog when you forget to lift the lid! I actually did this this morning, and brainfog saved my laundry from going in the toilet! Kinda weird, but definitely funny!

wolfwhisper
03-04-2011, 05:30 PM
You know you have brainfog when you go to dump a load of laundry into the washing machine, and you end up dumping it into the toilet instead. (in my bathroom the washer is right next to the toilet)

Then you really know that you have brainfog when you forget to lift the lid! I actually did this this morning, and brainfog saved my laundry from going in the toilet! Kinda weird, but definitely funny!
That would have been terrible! And yet, I can't stop laughing. Thank goodness I have to walk a few extra feet to the toilet!

Nonna
03-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Thank goodness ours is in a totally different room.

You know you have brain fog when you can't get your fingers to type hopefully, it came out wonderfully.......... anyone got a copy of "brain/finger check"

jmail
03-06-2011, 10:20 PM
... Then you really know that you have brainfog when you forget to lift the lid!
Better the laundry, than the person, if that lids open...

Nonna
03-12-2011, 02:21 PM
You know you have brainfog when you have to figure out ways to remind yourself about your meds. I keep forgetting to take my synthroid before I eat breakfast. Throws my whole day off

tgal
03-12-2011, 03:49 PM
LOL at the new ones! I too am thankful that my washer is not in the same room as the toilet! Jmail.. I LOVE to edit now! I know where you are coming from.

You know you have brain fog when you go put the dirty clothes in the washer after moving the wet ones to the dryer and you jack with the dryer for 10 minutes because you can't remember how to turn it on. this is not a new one, I have had it for 4 years! I even pulled a couple of the nobs off while figuring this out! LOL

gotta love us

tgal
03-15-2011, 04:37 PM

You go to get the food out of the bag after grocery shopping nad can't remember buying half the stuff in there! I remember looking at it but I thought I decided against buying them however they are all in the bags! I had to unload it all from the basket so I saw them (and touched them) before getting here but I have no membery of any of that.

What can ya do if ya can't laugh about it?

ritzbit
03-15-2011, 04:56 PM
You know you have brain fog when you grab your pills and a drink and walk to the other room to take them and are mad because you can't find your glass, which you just set down on the floor next to you lol I do this often.

Nonna
03-25-2011, 11:14 AM
You know you have brain fog when you look for this thread to bump it and you have to go through the pages 5 times before you see it.

steve.b
03-29-2011, 04:31 AM
you know you have brain fog......
when you organise someone to take you to the mechanics, to pick up your car.
you borrow money to pay for it.............
and leave the money at home.
it is about a 30 mile round trip..

if you don't laugh.... you cry

wolfwhisper
03-29-2011, 10:55 AM
You know you have brain fog when you grab your pills and a drink and walk to the other room to take them and are mad because you can't find your glass, which you just set down on the floor next to you lol I do this often.

I hate that. My foot usually finds it so much faster than my eyes do. Problem is, that I usually jump up to get it, causing an even bigger mess than if I'd simply knocked it over. Then I have to fight off the dogs to clean it up.

wrightrs
03-29-2011, 10:01 PM
You know you have brain fog when your car keys have been missing over two months and you keep using your spare key because you can't remember to looked for them.

Nonna
04-01-2011, 02:52 AM
You know you have Brain Fog when you forgot why you wanted to make a note about a certain med and had it flagged at the pharmacy.

I'm laughing at myself so I don't cry

Nonna
04-01-2011, 11:44 PM
You know you have brain fog when you've been wandering around in it for 24 hours or there abouts

Nonna
04-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Bump, can y'all tell I need laughs today????????

tgal
04-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Sorry Nonna! I have so much going on that I am no longer sure I can call it brain fog.

OK, you know you have brain fog when it took about 3 min to type the one line above! Sheeshhhhhhh

tgal
04-06-2011, 10:23 AM

1.WHen you have to start using a "pill minder" to keep your pills straight (AM, PM)

2. When When you wake up late (because you didn't sleep well) so you take your meds late.) When you go to take the night time pills your morning pills are still there! You look through the pill minder and NO morning pills are missing! You see night time pills gone for Friday but you don't remember if you filled it Friday or if you are used Friday night's pills that morning!!!

ohh my!!

Bonita
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
you know you have brain fog when you think why can i not change the channels on the tv only you discover it is your portable phone you are using instead of the tv remote. Bonita

tgal
04-06-2011, 10:45 AM
you know you have brain fog when you think why can i not change the channels on the tv only you discover it is your portable phone you are using instead of the tv remote. Bonita

OMG I did that too one day! Reminded me of my mom when she had brain cancer! I couldn't understand how she didn't know the difference! Now I have done it too!!

pisces_music_girl
04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
My whole life I've been called scatterbrained, absentminded and just plain lazy... but it's all brainfrog!

How about when you are just getting ready to leave to drive to the store and you decide you want a water bottle. You grab one, leave your (dorm) room to get to your car, get halfway there, and realize that you don't have your car keys. Once back in your room you find your keys- in the fridge.

I have done this multiple times.

Edit: how about not even catching the "brainfrog" at the beginning?

Nonna
04-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Bumping this because others besides me probably need the laugh

you know you have brainfog when you stare at your knitting and think why am I not knitting. I still don't know what I'm doing today.....

rob
04-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Time is a funny thing. I thought that I had probably started this thread maybe 6 months, or even a year ago. I see people responding to it all the time. It seems like I had the idea for it just yesterday. Then I saw that it was actually September of 2009 that I thought this one up.

So many things have changed since then. Some have weathered the storm. Some have faced their darkest fears and have survived. Others, have been forced to live with unspeakable loss.

This thread is a funny way to mark time I guess. But, I'm glad it's brought some good laughs, and some much needed comic relief for those who need it the most.

Rob

Bonita
04-10-2011, 04:57 AM
I think this is a good thread when things become a little to much it is good to read this. Bonita

giggle
04-10-2011, 10:02 PM
you know you have brain fog when...

- the receptionist at the doctors asks you for your name... and all you can do is stare at her blankly.
(she was so good, she asked me what time my appointment was instead and then asked me my last name, I could give her both and she looked up the records that way lol)

- your dog breaks his leg... the vet receptionist asks 'so what is your whippets name?'... all you can do is say '...uuuuum'.
(she vet nurse checked his tag... another fantastic employee!)

- you get a few rodents out of the freezer to feed your reptiles, pop them in hot water and walk off to get out the tongs... come back and end up feeding them all to your dog :/
(a very expensive mistake :( and I am slightly disturbed that I fed rats to my dog. He is on pain meds for his broken leg at the moment so I have been feeding him treats stuffed with meds... so it seemed so natural standing in the kitchen feeding my dog... rats... I had somehow smooshed together the action of feeding my dog meds and tong feeding my pythons and dragons their meals)

- you stand in the kitchen for ten minutes, walking back and forth, wondering why you have the dog meds in one hand and left overs of last nights roast with mayo balanced on top in the other...
...was I giving the dog his meds? Was I making myself a sandwich? Theres no sandwich in the kitchen... maybe I was going to make a sandwich? Did I give the dog his meds? How many tablets were left last time I gave him his meds? I dont even know... ok so he broke his leg... saturday... that waaaas... wait on what day is today? Is it tuesday? No Im working tuesday, it must be monday... let me see thats *1,2,THREE!* days ago... and how much is he meant to take each day... 1/2 a tablet morning and night it says here... so if there was six tablets all up..........
LOL

SandyR
04-11-2011, 04:22 PM
You know you have brainfog when you drop your laundry off on Sunday and tell them to wash, dry and fold everything only to realize when you pick it up on Monday that nicely folded on top of that clean pile of everything are the 3 dresses you were supposed to bring to the dry cleaners.

SandyR
04-13-2011, 06:36 AM
you know you have brain fog when you can't quite figure out why you don't want to go out and spend extra money on a dinner with friends right now but for some reason you have a feeling that you shouldn't and don't cancel and then on the morning of the dinner you realize that it's also the day of the automatic draft from your account that's been set up for a long time and you now have a lot less money then you previously thought.

SandyR
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
You know you have Brain Fog when the following conversation occurs

person 1 - "Mike is coming on Friday"
you (person 2) repeating out loud "Mike on Monday, Monday Mike"
person 3 "are you saying it out loud on purpose?"
you - "yes, to memorize it otherwise I'll mess it up"
person 1 - "You already messed it up. He's coming on Friday, not Monday"

just shaking my head and laughing...

GoodDog
04-13-2011, 02:01 PM
You know you have brain fog when your nurse says you called and talked to another nurse about a med side effect and you say "no, I didn't call" and she thinks you're lying. The harder you try to remember the more confused you get until something she says rings a bell and some of the memories start to come back.

ritzbit
04-13-2011, 04:28 PM
You know you have brain fog when after eating some yogurt you throw away the spoon and go to put the container in the sink only to realize you've already thrown the spoon into the trash and have to go dig it out lol eww. I do this backwards trash-sink thing to often lol

craftkeeper
04-13-2011, 06:42 PM
You know you have brain fog when you return movies and it's just empty cases you turn in. My nine year old says"MOM your so crazy, but i love you"

tgal
04-13-2011, 06:47 PM
You know you have brain fog when after eating some yogurt you throw away the spoon and go to put the container in the sink only to realize you've already thrown the spoon into the trash and have to go dig it out lol eww. I do this backwards trash-sink thing to often lol

I do this ALL the time!!! LOL

Nonna
04-14-2011, 04:37 PM
You know you have brain fog when you realize you're watching the same movie for the 3rd time in a row....... I really need to change the DVD

wolfwhisper
04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
you know you have brainfog when
1) you answer to your mom's name when your grandmother is calling you
2) your 82 year old grandmother needs to remind you that you are the grandaughter (she usually calls me her daughter or niece)
3) your grandmother remembers you are turning 20, not that you are 16 or 18,

7:13am-- when you try to put your toaster pastry box in the medicine cabnet instead of the freezer. (I'm so happy I noticed before I left it there)

Nonna
04-21-2011, 10:50 AM
bump,

we all need to laugh

CanadianGal
04-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Okay, this is a good one.

For those of you that have never been to Canada, in British Columbia we have to pre-pay for gas before pumping it. A little while ago, late for a doctor's appointment and low on gas, I pull into the station. Walk into the store, pay for a tank of gas, then get back in my car and drive away. I didn't realize what I'd done until I came out from the doctor's get in my car and realize I'm on fumes. Lucky there was another gas station very close to the doctor's office. One day maybe I'll tell my husband what I did--if I can remember it!

Twinmama
04-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Okay, this is a good one.

For those of you that have never been to Canada, in British Columbia we have to pre-pay for gas before pumping it. A little while ago, late for a doctor's appointment and low on gas, I pull into the station. Walk into the store, pay for a tank of gas, then get back in my car and drive away. I didn't realize what I'd done until I came out from the doctor's get in my car and realize I'm on fumes. Lucky there was another gas station very close to the doctor's office. One day maybe I'll tell my husband what I did--if I can remember it!

hahaha. I've done that before also in BC. I'm from Vancouver , live on the east now.

Nonna
05-02-2011, 03:31 AM
Is it brain fog when you're so sleepy that you forget to do something important??
I don't know, but bump anyway

nonna

tgal
05-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Bumping this one up so the new members can see it. This thread is perfect for a laugh but also to make you understand that most of us deal with this issue as well. I know my brain doesn't work like it did before!

lizbond36
05-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Can't read all 26 pages yet but I try. I don't feel soo bad now LMBO.

Taking a shower, getting out hours later you forgot to wash out the soap from your hair. No wonder my eyes burn LOL.
Grabing your plate of food and sitting down, but you forgot your food.
Calling my sister 10 times withing a 20 mins becouse you forgot you already talked to her LOL.

Just to name a few :-)