PDA

View Full Version : the slow-mo blues

Sandra
09-14-2009, 05:37 PM
I am so miserabley tired. It doesn't matter what i do or don't do. I feel fat and out of shape and i hurt. I wnt to be able to do an exercise program but my hip joints are on fire and will only get worse if i try.
Did an old exercise video I had tonight because I am so determined to just move! I had no trouble keeping up and I felt alive again but then therewas the pain and stiffness!
I need to be able to get back into shape and life...any suggestions?
Does anybody know if there has ever been an exercise video put out just for lupies?
thanks Sandra

brandichi
09-15-2009, 04:48 PM
I haven't heard of one for lupies, but the one I use during the winter is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds, 1 mile walk. I can't do everything on it; my hips won't let me lift my legs up too high, but I feel better when I do some of it at least.

Everyone keeps telling me to try yoga, but this body is not getting into those positions, even if it's just me following along to a video!! :no:

If you hear of anything else, I would love to know about it. I gained about 30 pounds this year, and I have to lose it, I hate looking like this.

Sandra
09-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Actually I have found somthing I am going to try, it is a video that was made just for us by experts that know us...I found it at the Lupus Foundatation of America, Piedmont Chapter
it is a long addy! http://lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/piedmont_support.aspx?articleid=143&zoneid=265
whew! hope that's right! or there is a phone number 1-877-849-8271
there is an order form that you can print out and send....I am from Canada so I thought I'd better call first about the shipping....I was told that it was the same, so I can just send a US money order.....

I just feel that at this point with my pain and stiffness it's starting to get the upper hand and I sure don't want to give up as I know the road I'd be going down...
take care Sandra

Sandra
09-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry everybody, I'm not sure what the problem with the link is but if you go to the main page and click support services, and then Information and referral services it's ont that page...se Right Moves Video
Sandra

Tamy
09-17-2009, 05:04 AM
Hey Sandra
I head off to my local swimming pool 3 times a week, and walk up and down the lanes for about 1 hour. Find it helps, and is easy on my joints. I recommend that you don't over do it. Listen to what your body is telling you. Just try to eat right, and start off slowely. If your joints are not giving you too much trouble, remember swimming is a full body work out...and it's fun.
Tammy