PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to see a dr that's all

leaann
09-14-2009, 11:41 AM
for the last couple of weeks I have been sick to the point to where I can not eat... my asthma is bothering me, I hurt everytime I eat... My joints are killing me and can not walk.... Having bad flares.... didn't get much sleep this weekend as I had issues breathing and having severe pain from eating...

All I wanted to do was go to the dr... It has been hard since we lost our insurance... the dr visits are very expensive but we were making do until I lost my job this year... but we were going to keep trying to get me to the dr... this Dr has been a great and hate to lose her.... but the bill started mounting and couldn't afford to go to her.... she did help alot and did let me do alot of calls to her instead of coming in...... but now things have progressed and there are test that need to be done that I can not afford to have.... the dr refered me to the medical collage thinking that would help...

I thought that would work to until we could figure something else out... well not the case the collage wanted money up front more than I had....still all along keeping up with my reg dr. the best I could.... last year she gave me prescriptions for all meds to keep me for about 6 to 9 months... now they have all ran out.... and in order to get more have to pay to see the dr.... but my condition got worse....

I have applied for ssi and I am currently trying to medicade... which is starting to be a joke.... several years ago I use to go to the clinic before we got the insurance... it waas not a good place but it was a place none the less that maybe could offer some releif to me....

after long debate and getting worse decided to go back to the clinic to see what they could do... Made sure that I had everything with me so that they could understand what was going on.... journal, list of medications list of food can not eat and so on... I was ready to make them understand that I needed help and needed some quickly... I am to the point where I am going to throw my hands in the air and give up eating and just go from there... Which I know is something that I can not do....

Any way went to the clinic was there early you can just walk in and be seen, went to the counter talked the lady behind the desk, explaine to her that I had not been there in years and she looked me up and said I was still in the system ask a few questions and then states that if I want to be seen I would need to pay 50 dollars to get seen only if I could prove I was not working and had my ssi papers with me showing that I had applied other wise it was going to cost 100 dollars for the visit.... for that price I can go to my regular dr...

I was so mad and upset... I didn't mind paying something but I was think along the lines of about 25 dollars at the most and then to think of all the prescriptions I would have to get filled.... I yelled at the lady at the counter and ask her if this was a clinic or was she trying to rob me...Did she not understand that if I was going to pay I would go to my reg dr where I know I would get better care.... Instead of some place where the drs dearly made it out of medical school come to practice....

I was in tears I called my husband on the phone he was doing a job thins morning and could not come with me, and really I am gald that he didn't cause he would of told that lady off worse than I did...

I know I can go to the hospital but the problem with that is, the last time I went they sent some dr in to look at me and all he said was go see your regular dr there's nothing we can do for you.... I don't want to have to go through that again... I just want a dr to see me and see me as I am a person, they all act like because you don't have money or insurance that you don't need to be treated with respect....

Hell I didn't ask for this mess and I sure as hell didn't ask for my husband and I to both lose our good jobs that we had but we did... I am so upset about the way that I have been treated since I lost my insurance that I am writing a letter to the president about this matter... I have worked with government officials before and I know how to get heard...

ranting on and on trying to figure out what to do... I guess the hospital is where I will be going, hoping that someone will do me some good before I go mad...

:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:
all I wanted was to see the dr and not have to take out a loan to do it...

SandyR
09-14-2009, 04:32 PM
oh Leann I am sorry to hear how frustrating your experiences with the doctors were today. It's a shame that you had such a hard time when all you wanted was some help with your health. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Sandy

mountaindreamer
09-14-2009, 05:11 PM
hi lea,when you go to the hospital, the triage nurse will see you first (i am sure you already know that). I wonder if you just honestly and sincerely explain to her where you are with your flares, meds, money, etc., if maye he/she could help you get some quality care. I have had a nurse take me by the hand and walk me through the ER process....it was so calming...i felt like someone cared.this world is presently an unfair place, and it is not your fault....you do deserve to be treated with respect....i am so sorry, and i wish i had some magic words.

leaann
09-15-2009, 06:05 AM
I think I found an answer to my problem, my husband and I were talking about what happen yesterday when we got to thinking to look on the internet for some type of help before going to the hospital...

We located a clinic here in town that just opened up this year that seems to be promising.... offering assistance to people with cronic medical conditions.... I have called them this morning and now I am waiting on someone to return my call...

keep your fingers crossed that this will work out...

will keep posted
thanks everyone

mountaindreamer
09-15-2009, 06:09 AM
oh, lea,i will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you.....i hope the new clinic is the answer for you.....i hope your husband can go with you.

leaann
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
I am finally getting some where.... I was able to go to the clinc to see what it was all about.... meet with a screener and got all the information they needed... was told that they were going to pay for all my medicne.... which is good... they have a pharmacy there... they also said that if they could not treat my condition that they would find someone that would and would work something out with me...

I am still keeping my fingers crossed have to go back tomorrow once that is completed then they will make an appointment and get me to see the dr, hopefuly they will have all the medical records by then....

Reg dr thinks this will be good for me I just hope she is right...

lets see how it goes.... I mean what can it hurt to see what they will do for me.... :yes:

debbie-b
09-17-2009, 06:08 PM
I am crossing my fingers real hard. Let as know how it goes.

Debbie

leaann
09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
I am going to the clinic tomorrow don't know what to expect but have my appointment...

will let everyone know what happens....