PDA

View Full Version : right side back and rib cage pain

cheryl_v
09-14-2009, 04:20 AM
I have a tremendous amount of pain in my back and rib cage, right hand side. Back pain is right side of spine right above waste line, lower rib cage directly in front of back pain. It hurts worse when I lay down, kept me awake all night. Started easing around 4am, but only enough for quick dozes. I had to sit sideways on couch with back straight and legs out in front all night for minimum relief. Hurt so bad I thought I might puke a few times. I've had back pain and rib cage pain, but never this bad and at the same time.

I took motrin, used heating pad, ice and muscle rub, no relief. Nothing touched it. Each hour it is getting a bit better, but not fully and wondering if I'll have a repeat again. I've had no sleep, the dozes were only a few minutes here and there from exhaustion. I'm at my wits end and frazzled. I am so sleepy and kids to get to school and a 3yr old who will be up soon energized and ready to go. Thankfully I have no day-care kids today, I run a home child care.

What to do? Call doc? My luck it will be gone and nothing to show. Not that I want pain, but watched the clock all night tic by waiting for 9am. Now its after 7am and I feel improvement (though not much) and wondering if I should bother.

Anyone have any idea what this is and how to relieve? So tired, pain and wanting relief.

Thanks in advance...........CV

SandyR
09-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Cheryl,
Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well and I don't have any answers for you. I think if you still hurt, calling the dr isn't a bad idea, but I stopped by because I was just was happy to see you again and wanted to say hi!
Sandy

cheryl_v
09-14-2009, 06:44 PM
:cute:Thanks Sandy, your sweet and Hi back. Didn't know I was missed. Been going thru ups and downs, physical and mental. We all have have them, what joys (lol:laugh:).

Got some catching up to do here, thanks again. Thru stretching a little at a time, the pain is slowly backing down. Hope you are doing fine.

CV

Angel Oliver
09-15-2009, 04:46 AM
OUCH Cheryl,

Yes please let the doctor know.I so hope today it has eased a little but if not i hope you come here and tell us what the doctor said.Please let today be better for you.

Thinking of you
love Amanda.xxxx

cheryl_v
09-15-2009, 06:11 AM
:cute:Hi Amanda, always nice to hear from you. Today is better. Fell out early and slept all night. Woke stiff and sore back, but pain down and no rib pain. What ever it is seems to be backing down.

I will try to be more socialable:laugh:, hope you have a good day.

CV

mountaindreamer
09-15-2009, 06:16 AM
hi cheryl,oh, your pain sounds so bad. i hope you are feeling better today. I have had bouts with severe pain on my left side....lasted long enough for me to finally go to dr., and got the dreaded "must be your lupus". Whenever this stuff attacks something in my body, i just agonize in pain until it decides to leave. if your pain is still intense , then a call to the dr. could not hurt.....

cheryl_v
09-15-2009, 10:12 AM
:cute:Thanks mountaindreamer, sorry you get it too. It has backed down to stiff and sore, but I can function now. Just slower than my usual speed, as if FMS hasn't slowed me down enough (lol). Life, what a challange for some of us, isn't it?

If it gets that severe again, I will call doc. Whether it backs off when they open or not. It not relieving when I layed down is what scared me a bit. Laying down flat has always helped. The other scarey thing was the lower rib pain, new one there. What was that?

Thank you all for caring. What do you guys do for relief? Open to all suggestions.

Hugs..........................CV

Teekayw
09-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I am new to the site, but saw your post. I am worried, because I had this exact pain as you have described, and it was Galstones. Infected, it got bad. I also have kidney stones which can give the same pain. Please call your Doctor even if you are feeling better. Please!!!!!!:yes:

cheryl_v
09-15-2009, 06:49 PM
:cute:Thanks Teekayw, I will mention it. I will also ask my sis-in-law, she had galstones real bad. Never crossed my mind. Thanks for mentioning and being here to tell me:yes:.

CV