PDA

View Full Version : How long?

k2626
09-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Curious as to what your first symptoms were and how long it took for you to be diagnosed via labs?

doriefish
09-14-2009, 10:07 AM
my symptoms started in aprox. march of this year. my fingers ached, my hands swelled and turned red. this came and went until in april of this year it was constant. i lost my job. i went to the doc and my ra was neg. i waited a couple of more months thinking that it would get better since all i was doing was resting. in june, every joint in my body was affected. i was pretty much bed ridden, and scared as h#@%. went back to the doc and he did further blood tests. i was diagnosed in june.he put me on prednisone with helped so much. i was able to actually get out of bed, get dressed and do something!!!! it seems that when i feel good enough to do something, house work, yard work, laundry etc... i am in bed again for 2 or 3 days. the pain hasn't gotten as bad as before my diagnosis. i take at least 10 mg of pred a day (when i can afford it) i'm in the process of being accepted for medicaid. so.... diagnosis in june, medications off and on again. rheum appt hopefully in november. i'm sure that medicaid will come through. it's just a matter of jumping through the hoops. i live one day at a time and do what i can when i can. thanks for being here. losing ones independence and health is very scary.

dgallardo1221
09-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Like doriefish I too had swollen fingers,that were painful. I practically fell apart slowly but surly in mid jan 2009 up until I was diagnosed on march 28th 2009. I could barely walk. my whole body was in so much pain. I could not turn over in my bed nor was I able to pull myself out of bed. I would cry, hoping and praying that I would feel better. little did I know I was experiencing my first major flare. I was in and out of the emergency rooms.One day my leg was in so much pain and was so hot (I mean I felt like I was on fire) I couldn't even walk. by the grace of god, a ER nurse was the one who encouraged me to get tested for autoimmune disease and lupus...