PDA

View Full Version : Want Some Cheese With That Whine?

BonusMom
09-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Yesterday, early evening, drove two hours to the cemetary to pay respect to DH's grandmother who passed in January 2009-yesterday would've been her 109th birthday (same as my daughter's). Got there at 6:00 and found the gates locked. Apparently, in Oakdale, CA, the punks have taken over the local burial grounds. Met the in-laws at an Italian restaraunt in Modesto (where, according to my cousin "everyone dies") and shared a celebratory birthday dinner for sis in law and father in law. Then we went to visit DH's uncle, who has crohn's disease, colon cancer and had a quintuple bypass a month ago, in a "rehab center". Uncle Arden was sleeping peacefully (read: sawing logs), so we chose not to disturb him and left.

This morning we got a call that Uncle Arden was unresponsive and on his way to ER. He passed away at a young 71. DH will be a pall bearer at his funeral on Thursday. So sad.

I made a lovely dinner of chicken piccata and pasta tossed with olive oil, parmesan and garlic-served it with a nice wine. Have been vomitting ever since.

I'm sick of throwing up! I can't enjoy food or a nice bottle of wine without throwing up and I'm getting p*ssed off!

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm just getting bummed about it all......

Angel Oliver
09-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Im so sorry to hear of you sad loss and even sorrier to hear you are being so sick.I hope when you read this its stopped and you feel a little better.

Thinking of you
Amandaxxxx

Spanglishqueen
09-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Let it all out sweetie. Sorry to hear of your losses and am sending you and the fam. my deepest condolences. When it rain it does pour. I found it this week my dog may have a brain tumor and I have some unknown infection possibly in my kidneys, and marriage is shot. :no: So my heart truly goes out to you and I understand please feel free to PM whenever you want. :hug: :kiss:

mountaindreamer
09-13-2009, 05:55 PM
hi bonusmom,so sorry about your series of "bad things" that happend this past week. Yes, 71 is a young age, and i am sorry about your loss....please give DH my condolescences.oh, i would be p*ssed off myself....cook all of that incredible food, and not be able to hold it down....i hope this week is better for you.

lucky7
09-14-2009, 05:12 PM
AWWWWWW, so SORRY and im sending you GREAT BIG HUGS XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:cute:

DrinkofWtr
09-21-2009, 08:40 AM
So sorry to hear of you loss, Bonus Mom. Then to be ill on top of that is a lot to bear.