PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here love autumn?

abbasgirl
09-12-2009, 07:17 AM
I do! Can you tell?:cute:

How about we talk about things of the season?

Which color leaves do you like best?

What traditions/activities do you enjoy?

I love the milder temperatures! WOO HOO!

I love the red leaves the most. I love the smell of the trees during this time of year and watch out for the migrating birds. Both of my children have bdays in october. They're both too old for trick or treatin' for halloween. I miss that. We live on a busy highway and way off the road so we don't even get any trick or treaters. My daughter is a crafty gal and loves to make things and it's her favorite season too so we have a lot of fun. We pull out decorations and give the place that autumn feel. We're already trying to think of some new things to try for thanksgiving.

Before long it will be time to pull out warmer clothes to wear. I love pulling out particular sweaters again from the back of the closet...it's like finding old friends.

Sigh!

Who else loves this time of year?

mountaindreamer
09-12-2009, 08:43 AM
great thread...thanks,

i love the process of autumn....there is always a change in colors, and they are always so magnificant.

i love sleeping with the windows open, and i love camping in autumn. I love taking early morning walks, and sitting by a burning fire at night.

ooooooh, it is just around the corner.

Samo
09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi Gals,

Autumn...MY FAVORITE!! I lived in FL for most of my life so I did not enjoy seasons. Now I am in NC and I love it here. Sometimes I think about moving further north for more dramatic seasons but I don't think my joints could handle that much cold!!

Autumn favorites are the trees, the smells, the cooler weather and the way I feel, WONDERFUL!!

Angel Oliver
09-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh yes me i do, i used to have a red leafed tree in my garden with pink flowers.I like doing leaf angels.I like when i go to Johns,he lives where there are trees everywhere and we walk down this park.....so nice.You enjoy this season my friend.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bt1206
09-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi Gals,

Autumn...MY FAVORITE!! I lived in FL for most of my life so I did not enjoy seasons. Now I am in NC and I love it here. Sometimes I think about moving further north for more dramatic seasons but I don't think my joints could handle that much cold!!

Autumn favorites are the trees, the smells, the cooler weather and the way I feel, WONDERFUL!!

i live 20 miles north of boone nc. the color change of leaves is awesome. living ina cabin, in seclusion is perfect. only one thing, lupus. joints ache, winters are hurtful,but i love the seasons and i refuse to lose.

bt1206
09-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi Gals,

i live 20 miles north of boone nc. the color change of leaves is awesome. living ina cabin, in seclusion is perfect. only one thing, lupus. joints ache, winters are hurtful,but i love the seasons and i refuse to lose.

lucky7
09-14-2009, 04:07 PM
NICE THREAD Abbasgirl!!! I LOVE THE FALL TOO!!!!!! The colors, smells and wearing nice and comfy oversized sweatshirts!!!!:cute: I actually decorated a bit this past weekend (till i flared! LOL) ! I did the inside of my house and im hoping to do the outside this week some time if im up to it! I LOVE to change soem of my decor with the seasons and the holidays! Its just getting MORE draining since i became ill. SO, now the kids help MORE and i have to take it down a notch and NOT do AS MUCH as i used to. BUT IM STILL DOING IT!!!!!:yes:

BonusMom
09-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Autumn is the best time of year!

I always look forward to visiting Apple Hill, buying a gooey caramel apple and a huge box of apples to make apple crisp. Oh, and drinking yummy cider.

We used to take hay rides when the kids were little at the pumpkin patch. I guess I'll have to wait for grandbabies to do that again ;)

For now I'll have to be satisfied with savoring the smell of fresh apple pies, piles of leaves and the first rain. I can't wait!

DrinkofWtr
09-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Unfortunately, here in Southern California the seasons don't change much. It just gets colder. I do like the end of October and Thanksgiving when I can go and get pumpkins and gourds. I love the way the pumpkins fields look with their bright orange color.

red246
09-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Autumn is my FAVORITE season!!!! I love the changing leaves, the smells, the crispness in the morning air, lighting a fire for the first time, wearing sweaters & turtlenecks (although I don't think I'll be wearing turtlenecks anymore :hissyfit: ), I could go on & on! Red leaves are my absolute favorite!

abbasgirl
09-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks for sharing, everyone. It makes me even more excited about it coming! We've got a tree outside that's already turning yellow and I LOVE seeing the poison oak in the woods dieing...YES!!!

We're dropping into the fifties this week here in way up north Ga...and I love it! I've got some pains that don't like it but my soul does. I can't stand the heat.

Leaf angels...oh Amanda, that's a great idea! I've never done that.

Hey Phyllis, camping in fall time is something I've never experienced. I'd love to try that sometime. That would call for a thick comfy sleeping bag!

I've been to NC in the fall and it's absolutely gorgeous!! I'm envious. :cute:

Oh Drinkofwtr ...want me to mail you some leaves? I'd be happy to. Every part of the world has its different beauties. I'd love to explore all the pretty scenery you have out there someday.

rob
09-28-2009, 08:40 AM
I love the Fall here in Maine. The trees turn so many bright and different colors, and they are so intense, that they almost look like they are not real. I like the bright red/orange colors the most. This time of year, all of the apple orchards have fresh cider at little roadside stands. The nights are cool, and the days are almost always a perfect 60 degrees (I like it kind of cool). It's hunting season, and although I don't hunt, both of my brothers in law do. Soon we'll all get together for a big dinner of partridge and venison. People are taking their boats out for one last cruise before the marina is closed and the docks are stored for the winter. The harbor, always buzzing with activity, will become quiet, and the ocean will turn a beautiful dark steel gray color.

Fall is my favorite season.

Rob

brandichi
09-28-2009, 09:30 AM
I love watching the leaves fall in the autumn, and that feeling of wanting to burrow inside with a good book for a while. Sitting in my living room, looking out at the vibrant variety of colorful leaves in the park across the street is just beautiful. I like that I can be outside without worrying that it's too hot or too sunny for me most of the time. And autumn is the best for making apple recipes! It's time to think about my apple crisp again, maybe experiment with gluten-free pie crust to make an apple pie.

My favorite season is spring, with everything new and beginning again, but fall is special because it brings me to fleece blankets, warm sweaters, tea, and looking ahead to Christmas and all the joy that brings.

lucky7
09-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh Rob, Maine sounds SO BEAUTIFUL in FALL!!!! Its BEAUTIFUL ANYWAYS BUT, the FALL, OH MY!!!!!! WOO HOO to THAT!!!!!!:banana:

abbasgirl
09-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Rob, you paint such lovely pictures of your home sweet home. If you've never considered it before, I think you should consider writing a book. You've got quite a flare for it!

Brandichi...you have me digging for apple pie recipes today!! Do you have an apple crisp recipe to share in the cooking group? I'd love to find a really good apple crisp recipe. And oh yes, fleece blankets... and todayyyyy I thought about something else I love about fall...

FLANNEL!

We pulled out our flannel sheets today! YEAHHHH!!! Tomorrow we dip in the forties! :8:

lucky7
09-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh Abbasgirl! YOU sound SO MUCH LIKE ME about fall!!!! You just gave ME that COZY WARM and HOMEY fall feeling!!!!:cute:

brandichi
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Abbasgirl, yep, I have a GREAT apple crisp recipe I'll be glad to share with you. Give me a day or two, though, because I'm on my way to bed now and tomorrow will be super busy (superintendent of schools visiting my building all day). But next time I'm here for more than a quick 5 minute glance, I'll join the cooking group and post it for you.

And ooooh, how could I have forgotten about those flannel sheets?! Can't wait for that!!! Yay!! Thanks for the reminder!!

debbie-b
09-30-2009, 03:49 AM
I have lived in Texas for over 20 years and missed the four seasons, because they are almost non exsisting in TX. We have moved to upstate NY 4 years ago and we love it here. Right now the trees are changing colors, it gets more colorful every day and it smells like autum. And yes I too like wearing big sweaters, long sleeves for sure, it can hide my net like pattern on my arms. My husband loves it here too, even though he has lived in TX all of his life. Our first winter here, 4 years ago, that is when he saw his first real snow.
We love the four seasons, but fall is our favorite.

Debbie