PDA

View Full Version : I want to cry :(

dgallardo1221
09-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Today I've been having a really hard day. I've had pain all over, mainly on my left leg and hip area. I've taken painkillers throughout the day but for some reason, they're not really working for me. Currently I'm taking morphine 15mg and Norco 5/325. I was just wondering how you deal with your pain and what type of painkillers help you. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. :hissyfit:

thanks,
Dee

bunnie
09-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi Dee,
I am so sorry to hear that you are having a bad pain day.
I hope you find relief soon. I'm deathly allergic to morphine, so I take Vicodin when I am having a very bad day. It doesn't necessarily take the pain away, per se, but it takes it down to a level that's livable. Otherwise, I just live on ibuprofen, naproxen, and my heating pad!! You wanna hear something kinda strange? My husband had back surgery a couple of years ago for a herniated disc in his lumbar spine, and was in incredible pain for a few weeks. What he found to be one of the best methods for reducing the pain, or at least pushing it to the back of the mind, was playing video games! Really! I think it uses a part of your brain that helps block out some of the pain sensation. I am not a video game fan by any means, but on my bad stretches, I have found that a good game can really be a distraction. A hot bath can help too. (I can only do this if I have someone around to help me if I need it)
Food for thought:cute:
God Bless,
Deb

dgallardo1221
09-11-2009, 07:11 PM
thanks for sharing your thoughts.. I have gone down the vicodin road before but it hasn't really helped me. these days it seems like less and less is helping me with the pain but I like what you shared about video games. My boyfriend and I play a lot of video games together. recently we got more into guitar hero haha. I even have my very own personalized Wii guitar. its pink and yellow with my art work on it haha. any ways I too have found it as a distraction but never understood why? now I know and think I will be playing a whole lot more.

thanks again

Dee

Angel Oliver
09-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh Dee i think you got some fab advice there...get on that wii. Im sorry you are in pain and i hope you find something to help you.Ive just got up after lying in bed in pain also.Its 3.30am and my body hurts everywhere and im numb.
Being sick is such a drag.Oh the years i took sleeping for granted.I hope you begin to ease.Maybe go n run a bubble bath then play a game or the other way round then try and sleep if possible. Or keep posting here until you feel a little better.I find posting here helps me as when i realise im not alone...people understand my mind calms then i feel more bearable n then the pain eases...weird not allot but enough if that makes sense.
Thinking of you
Amanda.xxxxxxx

mrstjscott
09-12-2009, 07:28 AM
This might sound silly or too simple, but I play the arcade games. Surprisingly, it helps to forget the pain for a while. Forgetting the pain for a while is better than not forgetting it at all.

Love