PDA

View Full Version : I have Discoid Lupus

health_4most
09-11-2009, 04:16 PM
and have terrible lesions on neck, scalp and forehead that hurt badly and itch so bad I can hardly stand it! They scar badly too and I've lost some hair.

I have no insurance and Dr. wants to put me on Plaquenil, but says I'll need a test every 6 mos. for liver function and eyes examined for retinal issues.

My question to anyone who may know: Any idea how much the lab cost is for the blood test every 6 mos. to be on this med? I live in Idaho (u.s.) and I'm trying to get a ballpark idea (Hundreds of $ or more?). My Dr.'s office has no idea (so they claim) as they don't get the bill - patient does. It's so frustrating that the Dr. wouldn't know!!!

When I was diagnosed 2 yrs. ago they did a test for SLE and the lab bill was $1,000.00!

Any info. would be helpful, thanks.

BonusMom
09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Plaquenil costs about 33 for a 90 day supply-very affordable. Not sure about the labs.

Angel Oliver
09-11-2009, 07:43 PM
I am in the Uk so sorry not sure on prices.Just here to say i hope you get the help somehow and soon.I am sorry you are going through this.Sending you hugs.

love Amanda.xxxx

mountaindreamer
09-12-2009, 09:32 AM
hi health 4 most

two of our members, Oluwa and Danica, have previously provided great information about places to find financial assistance for meds, etc. I know one of them will be around very soon to help you. In the meantime, i will search previous posts and see if i can find those websites.