PDA

View Full Version : tizandidine

bt1206
09-11-2009, 05:42 AM
yes, it is amuscle relaxant. i only take it when i know iam not going to drive. i don't know why, but it took weeks for me to take 1 pill.

Angel Oliver
09-11-2009, 05:49 AM
Well i hope it helps you thats the main thing.I understand how fearful it makes you when you have to take meds.We are so unsure of how we will react to them.Well done for trying them and let me know if it works.

love Amanda.xx

mountaindreamer
09-11-2009, 08:46 AM
My dr. prescribed this med for me last week, in an effort to get me some relief from my fibromyalgia....i think it has been worse lately than the lupus. She prescribed enough for me to take 3 pills a day, but left the final dosage decision to me, based on my activities for that day and for pain level.

i took my first dosage last night, and i realized that i need to take it a little earlier in the evening...i was groggy until mid morning. I certainly will not drive if taking tizanidine.

I don't know if it helped with fms pain because i slept like i have not slept in a long time...i did have a lot of dreams, but they were not nightmares.

So far, i think i like tizanidine....i am feeling some pain this morning, but that is normal....it happens every day....i can take this.

bt1206
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
i usually take one-half at 5 to 6 pm. at bedtime i will take a whole one. i do dream. my dosage is 2 each day. my dosage for folic acid is 1mg a day. i also have sclerderma.raynauds,diabetes,and hbp. i am sorting out what each disease and its side effects. thank you for listening.

mountaindreamer
09-11-2009, 12:49 PM
i think i will try to take mine about 9 pm and see what happens....i am taking one pill. My dr. has me taking 25 mg of folic acid each day...she said it will help with mouth sores and hair loss...my mouth sores have decreased, and i am not sure about my hair because i have never lost a huge amount at one time.

i have: sle, fibromyalgia, raynauds, interstitial cystitis, sjorgen(sp)

thanks for helping me feel better about tizanidine...new meds make me nervous even though i have confidence in my dr.

bt1206
09-11-2009, 01:54 PM
you mentioned raynauds. i had my rt. index finger, first digit amputated.it was due ti dry gangrene. any blister or black spot developes,i pay special attention.

mountaindreamer
09-12-2009, 08:13 AM
this is strange....i have had about 4 small black spots to show up on my big toes and 1 little toe....also, had blister-like area on my big toe...it was under the skin and never surfaced or turned into a blister with puss, was just there under the skin....The little black spots just appear one day, they are like a sore, but don't hurt, and never do anything...the black spot just stays there, then dissappears leaving a scar.

please explain more to me about what happened with yours...i have a dermatologist appointment in a couple of weeks, but was thinking about canceling..i just assumed it was part of raynauds, and i did not think the dermatologist would be able to do anything.

i am so sorry that you lost the first digit of your right index finger....how long ago was this? I hope you are doing ok.

bt1206
09-12-2009, 08:24 AM
4 years ago. my finger was amputated.i was going to a ruhemy who was bound to give me pain pills. the pain was so severe, it was above a10.one day i realized, if blood wasn't flowing to the tip, then the meds were'nt. i immediatly went to a hand surgeon.

mountaindreamer
09-12-2009, 08:28 AM
i will keep my appointment...just to be safe. Thanks for sharing this very personal story with me...i now know not to ignore "little black spots"