PDA

View Full Version : Low Back Pain

BonusMom
09-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Over the last week, I've developed some nasty low back pain. I don't recall injurying it in any way, but I am having a hard time getting in/out of the car, walking or lying down.

Has anyone ever had LBP associated with Lupus or could it just be that I did something silly and strained the muscles?

pandagirl
09-10-2009, 10:12 AM
I have had it all ! I had lower back prob start several years ago prior to dx...so I don't know what came first, the chicken or the egg so to speak. You may just have over done something not realizing it. Ice/heat/ massage anti inflam's usually do the trick if no shooting leg pain involved..if so,,,call the MD.Hope it quiets down soon.

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Yes im here again i do.If i lie on my floor i can not get upright due to a massive low back pain.Had it since i first was ill and like you had no accident.Hope you heal soon.Until then,maybe a hot bath with bubbles n chocolate will help.I mean you eat the chocolate though not bath in it :)

love Amanda.xxxx

debbie-b
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I was sitting at the pc yesterday and out of the blue, I had a pain in my lower back, like somebody has hit me with a knife and twisted it. I could barely get up, walking to the bathroom took so long, I almost didn't make it in time.
I get that quite often, about every other month. Last night it was so bad, that I had to get out of bed( took for ever) and take some hydrocodone, I took two. After that I was able to sleep for about 4 hours.
I do have lupus and RA, so I can't tell you which one causes the pain. Heat helps a little. It feels a little better today, yesterday the pain was a 9, today it is only a 6.

Debbie

lucky7
09-10-2009, 03:53 PM
It DOES go along with Lupus symptoms BUT i have a DOUBLE WHAMY cuz of my broken L5 and missing disc which means im grinding bone on bone! UGH I notice its WORSE when i flare though. A mixture of the two is no fun! I exercise and stretch almost every day which helps TREMENDOUSLY!!!!!!:yes:

lucky7
09-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh yeah~~~~ also pay attention to your posture, it MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE in the PAIN. :1: