PDA

View Full Version : Thinning Nails

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Does anyone have this problem?

Recently i have noticed my nails are not growing right.They have big ridges in them and are thin in places.If i press on my nail it feels like ive hit a nerve,like the nail isnt thick enough.
Also my toe nails are thinning and on one toe,the nail isnt there in the middle and hurts if i tip toe.

Am i just weird?

Amanda.xxxxxx

MLockwood
09-10-2009, 06:15 AM
Hi Angel,
I have experienced this as well. I have never known why they are that way. Mine are very thin at the tips and peel. Could be one of those symptoms that we didn't realize was a side effect of Lupus? Not much help, but I can relate. I try to keep my painted and I use a topcoat called Seche Vite. It's a bit thicker and helps keep the polish on longer. Qtix (spelling might be off) is a nail strengther that I have found helpful as well.

gina
09-10-2009, 06:39 AM
hi angel,

everything comes out in your nails and hair so if your flaring it affects them also. when i am flaring bad my nails are thin and don't grow with lots of ridgids.
my mom is a hairdresser and told me this is what happens to hair and nails when we are sick or taking meds.

have a great day. xoxo

bunnie
09-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi Amanda,
I just posted a note mentioning that very thing. My toenails are falling off. the nailbeds turned a reddish color, and then they started to come loose. 8 toes are affected. So, we're both "weird"!:laugh:
Let me know if you get any answers.
God Bless,
Deb

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Oh thanks so much.I though it was just me.Mine are thinning at the bottom where they grow from.So if i press on say my thumb nail OUCH my wor it hurts allot. Thanks Mlockwood for letting know you have this also.Gina i never even thought of the meds and sickness.I knew it messed with your hair but not the nails,thanks for that.OUCH BUnnie thats painful stuff.I have only 1 toe with a part just not growing in the base into the middle and 1 is very painful,so how you cope i dont know.

Thanks everyone
love Amanda.xxxxx

lucky7
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Im on the "weird wagon" with all of you too!!!!!! My nails are doing all kinds of funky things these days!