PDA

View Full Version : Females with facial hair?

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Ok,this is a very personal issue and so embarrassing.BUT i did a silly thing. After being on steriods for my asthma,for a long time,one day i was putting on some make up.The sun hit my face and omg i saw a furry face. I was so shocked i didnt know what to do.At the time i was working and my friend also used to have a furry face also.Now when i say furry, i dont mean im a lady boy,i dont have a full beard or tash :) just more than usual. So anyway, i asked my friend how she got rid of hers.She told me she has this small shaver thing for ladies.So recently i tried it.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Can you belive i did this.My top lip on either side now is a little prickly.Im gonna be giving the boys the stubble rash at this point and im soooooooo embarrassed.Ok i have a good sense of humour and deserve all the jokes,i can take it.But aged 39 i need help and fast. Please help me,advise me,get rid of this problem for me soooooooooooon....please please start posting :)

Love
Hairy Angel :) xxxx

MLockwood
09-10-2009, 06:19 AM
Hi there again! There are so many things you can try. I have some facial hair as well and I use a product from a beauty supply shop. It's Gigi facial hair removal. I am not sure how it will work if you are stubbley (sp) You can always try waxing it at a professional salon, or at least go there and see what they suggest. There is always laser hair removal too.

BonusMom
09-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Dearest Harry (er, Hairy),

Prednisone is notorious for unwanted facial hair-even for us ladies. Instead of shaving and getting that nasty stubble, get a facial waxing on those overly hairy spots. The waxing lasts longer and the hair won't be wiry when growing back.

Of course, I don't have any personal experience with this, but I've HEARD this works well (on the face anyway). I've not had any "friends" that have tried this for a hairy tush-perhaps Rob (cough) will be our voice of experience on that particular issue.

gina
09-10-2009, 06:42 AM
go to a hair salon and get a facial wax. i thinks thats what will work best for you. i am italian and have a mustache lol. i bleach it so the hair stays soft.

mortifiedat52
09-10-2009, 10:25 AM
i've done the waxing thing, although sometimes my skin is too sensitive for that (i.e., the skin comes off WITH the wax)... also have done "threading" (more common in the middle east and india)... and more recently, i've been using a facial epilady.. a little battery powered device that plucks the hair out... it won't get every single last hair out, but it gets enough so that you're not so furry :>)

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 10:47 AM
OMG thanks so much for the advice i realllllllllllllllllllly appreciate any help.I dont want you to think im the hairy lady from Manchester im laughing as i write this :) im really not.Just am the 1% who never should have tried it.Its like peach fuzz feeling.Lets put it this way,i wont put cotton wool near my lip as it'll stick to it.....im so embarrassed,but that'll teach me wont it. Now ive not tried waxing as i believe n fear if i start a new tactic i will be braiding my face soon.I am going to sit and think hard at which road im going to go down next.Laser.....who and where do i go for that and is it expensive and is it a one off?
Again everyone thanks so much.

Amanda.xxxx

Oluwa
09-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I had my beard and handle bar waxed and also zapped...laser, many times...came back looking like black coarse girlie hair, but without the curl...lol. Prior was peach fuzz, blonde and brown..

My answer, by experience would be no to waxing or laser. Note with laser your hair has to be dark...and if dark skin tone, may leave white spots. When ya wax you will wax for life. I have been doing it for 20 years and it still grows. I use bee's wax.

And before laser treatments you have to let it grow out..then they shave it, not close then zap it. Smells like burnt hair. From the stress of it to my skin, I ended up with nasal Lupus ulcers...it is painful...

I now tweeze the wires and/or use Nair...just on the upper lip and corners of my chinny chin chin. Times wax..

My two bits...
Love ya ,
Olu

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks Oluwa,

I think i am going to have to leave it to grow and see if i can live with it sparkling in the sun arnt i? I scissored it 2 weeks ago and shouldnt have.My Mam has hid my scissors as i also cut my fringe a little too much too.:) Its becoming an obsession lol.
Let me see how i look in a few weeks and decide then.I dont fancy waxing all the time.I have no wires and dont want to have them. You know i had no problems before this.Why did i do it :)
The bleach you put on....does it colour the little hairs blonde? Or does it make them fall off? Oh i want to be a little girl again you dont have all this when you are small.I dont like growing up :)

Thanks again.
love Amanda.xxxx

Oluwa
09-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Let the stubble grow out so it reaches the length to lie flat...lol If your fuzz looks like I think it does, girl it is really only noticeable to you. Well, unless you point it out.

I have my jaw and cheeks covered in the peach fuzz...I've always been cover in fuzz...back, arms...

Bleach can make it too white and more noticeable...I use it too...Jolene Bleach I think it is called...I use that on the brown fuzz. Time it so it does turn orange or white...

Love,
Olu

debbie-b
09-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Mine is not really bad, but I wanted to get it waxed, oh boy, I forgot that I bruise real easy. You should have seen me, I looked like somebody sucker punched me. At first it looked like blood under the skin, but then it turned blue. I'll never do that again.

Debbie

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 12:08 PM
OMG im not having that done then.You ok now then? Wow.

love Amanda.xx

debbie-b
09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
OMG im not having that done then.You ok now then? Wow.

love Amanda.xx

LOL Yeah I am ok, it only lasted about 4 days and it didn't hurt. But I am sure my husband got secretly blamed for it. The poor guy, when I have bruises on my arms, he gets the looks.

Debbie

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Oh your poor husband :) But 4 days is a long time to have a bruise and from that as well.Wow. Dont worry what people think,you know the truth.xxxx

mountaindreamer
09-10-2009, 01:46 PM
hi amanda,

i have found that hair removal cream is the best...but be careful and don't leave on too long. I also use tweasers and pluck the hairs....you will have to let the hair grow out before the removal cream will work, it does not work on stubble... i use tweasers and pluck the hairs while waiting for the stubble to grow out....plucking the hair gets it below the skin, and it takes longer to grow back.

good luck....hope you find something that works.

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks Phyllis,

I have tried a cream but it so didnt work i was dissapointed a pharmacy own make brand. But soon it will be sorted,it not allot,but enough to make me worry.I have tweesered n scissored but my Mam has hidden them :) Thanks for you advice.

love
The lady boy :)xxxx

mountaindreamer
09-10-2009, 02:07 PM
i use a name brand cream (not a store brand)....and the cream only works if the hair is grown out a little....it does not work on stubble.

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh i see.I was desperate at the time :) Now i give John a rash ...so funny.He knows not to mention it as i hit hard...not really but i feel embarrassed i did this myself lol. I will look for this Nair everyone is talking about maybe.First i will stop touching it and see just what damage ive done lol. Thanks allot.x

lucky7
09-10-2009, 02:33 PM
OMG!!! I LOVE you guys and i MISS you all when im gone!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!!!! I can relate unfortunately! LOL Yeah, my face has gotten a little fuzzier the past couple of years too!!!! Now THAT does NOT deserve a WOO HOO thats for sure!!!!! WHy cant i grow MORE hair on my head and NOT other places it doesnt belong! HMMMMMM, being a woman,LUPUS or not, is a tough job isnt it! Men have it easy, they ARE SUPPOSED to have hair ALL OVER! Of course alot still shave their whole bodies though! SHHH, ont tell CArl but hes one of THEM. LOL:laugh: Actually, i LIKE it!!!!!!! HOT HOT HOT!!!!! Hes my SMOOTH BABY!!!:valentine:

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 02:37 PM
:) Oh Jeanette you are funny.Now i got visions of Carl.....:) Good on him!! xx

lucky7
09-10-2009, 02:39 PM
LOL Im glad i could give you that visual Amanda!!!!! Hes soft as a babies bottom!!!!!! Its pretty nice!!! LOL :laugh: IT REALLY is NICE THOUGH!

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Wish my face was...instead im like sand paper :) Such a sexy look.x

lucky7
09-10-2009, 02:46 PM
YOU ARE SEXY AMANDA, hairy face and all!!!!!! YOU go girl!!!! I just shave mine offf!!!!! LOL Carl and i stand in the mirrror together shaving every morning, he gets the spots i cant get to that well and vice versa,it works out pretty well. JUST KIDDING , THATS TOO WEIRD, some things are mEANT to be done in private!!!! Even after 19 yrs! Just like i will NEVER toot in front of him (purposley anyways,soemtimes one might accidentally slip!) LOL! Im not one to SHARE EVERY moment with my loved one!

DrinkofWtr
09-10-2009, 07:45 PM
I tried laser hair removal but it didn't work for me. My skin was too sensitive and I was prone to acne breakouts. I guess they only wanted to work on people who had no skin problems. Anyway, I had to stop treatment. Now I just use a razor for sensitive skin.

mountaindreamer
09-10-2009, 07:49 PM
jeannette,

i am so glad you are back....you are one of the funniest people i have ever known.....i can just see you and carl standing in front of the mirror shaving each other and you tooting the whole time......ha ha ha

thanks for the late-night laugh

Angel Oliver
09-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Oh Drink of water thanks for letting me know about the laser.

Jeanette,

Sooo funny :) The visions i have now :)

love Amanda.xxxx

lucky7
09-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Amanda and Phyllis, I am so GLAD i can put SMILES on your faces my FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL YOU CRACK ME UP TOO!!!!! Reading YOUR responses put a BIG SMILE on MY FACE! LOL LOL LOL!!!:laugh: