PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum and new to Lupus

Amber
09-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Hello everyone.
My name is Amber. I am 23 years old. I was " diagnosed " with Lupus about a year ago. My Dr. is still confused to this day whether what I have is Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have more symptoms of RA then Lupus. No rashes, no sores. Just hair loss and extreme fatigue. I tested positive for the Lupus tests and negative for the RA tests. Weird? I know. Anyways... Just wanted to say hi and explain my situation. :cute:

mountaindreamer
09-09-2009, 07:59 PM
hi amber,

i am sorry about your diagnosis, but i am glad that you don't suffer from anymore symptoms. You are so young, and have a full life before you....thank goodness that you already have a dr. who appears to care about you.

has your dr. already started you on plaquenil?

Also, my dr. has me taking 25 mg of folic acid each day to help with hair loss (it also helps with mouth sores).

Vitamin B can really help with fatigue...i give myself a shot each week, and some people take the oral form.

welcome to our family, we are always here to answer any questions, or to just listen. i am glad you are here.

MLockwood
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi Amber,
Welcome to this website! You and I have the same thing going except I am 33 rather than 23! My ANA test is positive but my RA tests were negative and my doc has not diagnosed me with lupus yet. I was feeling very awful back in late June early July and that eventually turned into Pneumonia. We got that all cleared up and I was on my way back to the gym everyday for some running and yoga. (I find Yoga very helpful. Painful at first, but it has helped my with my joint pain) Then the kiddos got sick with fevers and just like Emeril would say BAMB! I started getting very tired and sore again. I called the doc and they started me on some prednisone. If this helps, she will start me on some medication. (not sure what that will be yet) I don't have the rashes either. My hair has always fallen out, but I guess it is at a normal level. (doesn't feel like it when I am raking up my bedroom floor :laugh:.
Hang in there, I have found this is a very frustrating disease and that alone can be harder to deal with than the symptoms themselves. This is a great site for info from others that have experienced what you are going through. :grumpy:

BonusMom
09-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Welcome to WHL fellow Cali girl!

I was dx in December of last year and am definitely not the most knowledgeable about SLE, but I can surely offer cyber hugs when you're having a tough time of it. This is an awesome group of people who can answer many of your questions based on their experiences.

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 04:43 AM
Welcome Amber and no you are not alone.I have no confirmed dx yet,but i hope you read all the posts and know we understand you and care.

Love Amanda.xxxx

rob
09-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Welcome to our group Amber. Please make yourself at home here!

Rob