PDA

View Full Version : Getting worse?

debbie-b
09-09-2009, 06:14 AM
I have noticed this a few weeks ago and been thinking about it ever since. Every time somebody posts a symptom here, nine times out of ten, I have the same thing. I have already stopped answering most of those posts, because I fear that people here think I am a hypocondriac. But the sad fact is, that I do have alot of new symptoms lately.

dizzyness- me
skin problems- me
numbness- me
muscle twitching and pain- me
joint pain- meeeeeeee
dry eyes- me
dry throat- me
neck pain- me
I could go on for ever.
I am afraid, that this means, that my lupus is getting worse. I still don't have a new rheumy. But my gp is helping me along, until I find one.
What do you guys think? Does it sound, that I am getting worse?

Debbie

Spanglishqueen
09-09-2009, 07:44 AM
We will never think you're a hypochondriac, so please post and respond to posts. Yes you sound very symptomatic. If you are getting worse or not is hard to tell. Sometimes I don't notice something until someone makes me aware of it and then I become more alert to my body and cues. Hope you get a Rheumy soon and your GP eases your worry as much as possible. Feel better :hug:

debbie-b
09-09-2009, 08:13 AM
We will never think you're a hypochondriac, so please post and respond to posts. Yes you sound very symptomatic. If you are getting worse or not is hard to tell. Sometimes I don't notice something until someone makes me aware of it and then I become more alert to my body and cues. Hope you get a Rheumy soon and your GP eases your worry as much as possible. Feel better :hug:

Thank you very much, you have eased my mind. Maybe it is what you say, becoming more aware, when you hear other people describe their symptoms. It is like " oh my God, that is what I have".

Debbie

gina
09-09-2009, 09:11 AM
When i read new posts i feel like yes i have that too. my mind doesn't allow me to be aware of things until i think about it. yes me too. its like we try our best to function everyday we forget what is going on with us unless its reall badd.

you need to go see a rheumy. as soon as possible. you need one doctor for the lupus and gp for little things like the flu or get shots sore throats.

you are not alone. xoxo

pandagirl
09-09-2009, 05:43 PM
As you probably well know..there are flares and remissions...you might be in a flare right now. I have noticed this past year I have "new" symptoms but others have quieted, so it's like a game of cat and mouse. Just like the previous posts...we sort of learn to go with the flow and things are happening, but we are so used to them that we don't really notice right away. :unsure:

dulcepiragua
09-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I have noticed this a few weeks ago and been thinking about it ever since. Every time somebody posts a symptom here, nine times out of ten, I have the same thing. I have already stopped answering most of those posts, because I fear that people here think I am a hypocondriac. But the sad fact is, that I do have alot of new symptoms lately.

dizzyness- me
skin problems- me
numbness- me
muscle twitching and pain- me
joint pain- meeeeeeee
dry eyes- me
dry throat- me
neck pain- me
I could go on for ever.
I am afraid, that this means, that my lupus is getting worse. I still don't have a new rheumy. But my gp is helping me along, until I find one.
What do you guys think? Does it sound, that I am getting worse?

Debbie

DEBBIE;you are not alone I feel the same way,more pain,more depressed every day,even if i take my meds.so hang in there we are here for a reason and is to share our pain ,you're not alone!

MLockwood
09-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Debbie,
You are never alone on this site. I know I feel the same way when I read posts too. I think Lupus is like a box of chocolates......when you wake up you never know what you're gonna get!! I always hope for the caramel filled ones.......:laugh:

smokerscat94
09-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Hi debbie

I totally understand! I have new problems coming up everyday sometimes several different things. Some I am almost scared to talk to my dr. about, just because there are so many symptoms. I don't want him to think I am some looney that is complaining all the time. I just about dread seeing my gp anymore. I think he thinks nothing is wrong with me. My rheumy knows better but I wish my gp did. My hannds are swollen, also experiencing muscle spasms, having the dry eyes with pain around the eye sockets, my neck is tender to the touch as are my shoulders, my left hand has been twitching, my feet feel tingley, and am having right side rib/chest pain again. I understand where u are coming from, I think we all do. Hang in there! That is what we are all here for
Take care

Angel Oliver
09-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Hi Debbie,

If you see posts like yours everywhere on this forum,you will find me.I have or seem to also have every symptom going. Please never think you are a hypo ever,you are sick!! The reason why members post symptoms is to see if others have them also.I have them all.I know how you feel,but dont feel like a hypo cause you are not my friend.As you can see from all the members here who have posted to you,we all care and all understand you.Just hang in there n keep posting and see me on most of them :) Im sick also,like everyone else,like you.I hope your Doctor finds you the best rheumi and you get all the help soon that you need.

Love n gentle hugs
Amanda.xxxxxxxx

karenboss
09-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I hope you could feel that the other posts validate and connect the wired things that you feel - you know? Shouldn't feel like you are a hypocondriact -

With this disease is difficult to know what's connected and what's not! The list of symptoms just goes on and on and so often is not intuitivly related to anything else.

When you post and everyone says "yeah, I feel that too" it validates for all of us that it's probably Lupus related, if there are only a few replies maybe it's not related - like recently I posted about being dizzy - only a couple of replies and doesn't seem directly related or a common symptom, so maybe for me it's sjorgens related or something else.

take care and posta away.

debbie-b
09-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Thank you guys, you ARE the best. I will keep posting away and say " yes I have that too", if it applies.

Debbie

lucky7
09-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I jsut told my hubby the other day Debbie how its so GREAT here for MANY reasons, one of them being, EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS and is going through it all or some of it. WE ARE NOT HYPOS!!!!! THe drs THINK that BUT WE ALLL KNOW BETTER!!!!!! Id like to put THEM IN OUR BODIES FOR A few days and then hear what they think!! LOL :headbang: HMMMMMM, if i could DO THAT i would just KEEP them there!!!!! ITS NICE TO DREAM once in a while!!!!

debbie-b
09-11-2009, 03:03 PM
I jsut told my hubby the other day Debbie how its so GREAT here for MANY reasons, one of them being, EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS and is going through it all or some of it. WE ARE NOT HYPOS!!!!! THe drs THINK that BUT WE ALLL KNOW BETTER!!!!!! Id like to put THEM IN OUR BODIES FOR A few days and then hear what they think!! LOL :headbang: HMMMMMM, if i could DO THAT i would just KEEP them there!!!!! ITS NICE TO DREAM once in a while!!!!

It is really funny, when my hubby and I go to the mall, they have a wishing well, so he and I always throw money in and make wish. He said he always wishes for me, that the lupus will go away and I wont have to suffer anymore. You know I used to wish for that too, but now I wish to find a rheumy that has lupus. If nothing else, he would understand. Boy we are easy to please, aren't we?

Debbie

lucky7
09-14-2009, 03:37 PM
LOL Debbie, SO TRUE, SO TRUE:cute:

lucky7
09-14-2009, 03:37 PM
OOPS, forgot to say AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, what a SWEET HUBBY! HOW CUTE!:cute:

mountaindreamer
09-14-2009, 05:19 PM
hi debbie,what a great guy you have by your side....he sounds very sensitive and caring. yes, we are easy to please when it comes to wishes....a day of water skiing would be my dream.

debbie-b
09-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys,

I am so glad that I have my husband by my side, he is the best there is. He will hold my head over the toilette when I through up and than clean up. After a long day at work, he calls me on my day off at home to see if I need something from the store, that way I don't have to go.
I tell him often, how greatful I am to have him as my husband. Whenever I have a good day, I always try to spoil HIM for a change, he deserves it.

Debbie