PDA

View Full Version : Just dropped in

Gypsy
09-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Hello to all of you. I just dropped in to see what is going on with the rest of you lupies.

I have had lupus about 18 yrs, been diagnosed for 9. Been through all the anger, despair, hope, depression, reasoning, etc that you could possibly go through and don't feel any better than I did in the beginning. I used to think it would get easier to live with, but it doesn't. I thought I would get over the anger, but I haven't. I had hope for years and now that's gone too. And I guess, I'm depressed about it, because it sure sounds that way.

Just wanting to see how others deal with this disease.

mountaindreamer
09-08-2009, 12:49 PM
hi gypsy,

welcome to our group of members who know exactly what you mean when you talk about anger, hope, despair, and depression. Yes, we all hope that our condition will improve, but it never does. We hope that when we go to the dr. that he/she will have some answers, but they never do. We hope that the next day will be better than the present....and sometimes it is.

you have really been fighting a long time, and it is understandable that you would be having trouble keeping up the hope....but please don't give up. What treatmemt meds does your dr. have you on?

I am sure that you know to protect yourself from the sun and flourescent lighting, and to get plenty of rest...blah blah blah....i wish there was a sure way to lessen the effects of this beastly disease, but the beast just seems to do what he wants to do and when.

i am glad you joined our group....i hope that venting to us helps you feel better....we all need some venting time.

Tamy
09-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Hello Gypsy
My name is Tammy. I have not been diagnosed as yet, but know it's only a matter of time. I guess I try to deal with each day at a time. When I first found out I was getting sick, I guess you could say I went through all that mixed feelings stuff too. I was very angry at the start, wondering why the hell is this happening to me! What the *** did I do wrong to deserve this. Then as time passed by, I began getting depressed. I'd watch my children play, and wonder whether i'd be around for them in the futere. Then the anxiety set in. I would always be anxious, and nervouse. Frustrated, and hopeless. After 2 whole years, of feeling like crap, day in day out, I realized that the more I worry about this, the deeper the hole I am digging myself into. I convinced myself, that I will pull through this. And although there will be times of pain, and sadness...there will also be days of happiness and laughter. Those are the days which I live for. So now, I just take each day as it comes, dealing with problems, one at a time. I've taught myself to prepare for the worst, and live life as much as I can. I enjoy my children everyday, and although tomorrow is never certain, today is what really counts.
Tammy