PDA

View Full Version : balance

karenboss
09-07-2009, 01:37 PM
always something new and surprising - I am having a balance problem, like tipsy, like I almost want to fall over for no reason. Not dizzy, just a balance thing

Has anyone had this too?

SandyR
09-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi Karen,
I have experienced the tipsy feeling when I have a sinus infection (even when it's symptom free aside from the tipsyness) or also when I have had vetigo. It's a horrible feeling to have your world spinning around while you are trying to stand still. Do you have a history of either of these?
Sandy

Angel Oliver
09-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Karen,

Yes i too have this feeling often,in fact have had it on n off since 2004 when i first got sick.I hope you get help for it soon.I do mentin it to my docs but as of yet i have not got help,so i hope your doctor helps you.Let me know.

love Amanda.xxxxxxx

karenboss
09-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Hi Sandy -
I was dxed with sjogren's last week so maybe it's related, though I don't feel like I have sinus problems, no infection or anything, just the eye problems

Amanda - does your dr say it's like what Sandy said, an inner ear infection from sinuses? or is it neurologic?

Angel Oliver
09-08-2009, 10:08 AM
I do tell him he never says anything about my dizziness at all.I just live with it.For now anyway.xxxxxxxxxx

DrinkofWtr
09-08-2009, 10:27 AM
My balance is off. I haven't been treated for it yet though. My Dr. is trying to treat me right now for dizzyness and motion sickness. He told me that it is very hard to diagnose and treat motion sickness and the dizzyness that goes along with it.

pandagirl
09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
I definitely have a balance issue...sometimes I just sort of tip over too! I have also had sinus/ear issues in the past which can cause vertigo, but I can tell the difference. There are times my sinus/allergies are fine but I tip over for no apparent reason..I am sure I look drunk...oh well.. my theory..don't look!!lol:wacko:

adsimcik
11-23-2009, 09:04 AM
I've been battling chronic vertigo for longer than I've known I had lupus, but there is no doubt in my mind that the slowly-developing lupus is the cause. Although lupus is different for every person, I suspect that the chronic minor tissue inflammation caused by the over-response of our immune systems is the reason for some of the less important (in most doctors' opinions) symptoms like vertigo, dizziness, malaise, nausea, fatigue, etc. I know that extra NSAIDS (like Aleve or Advil) can actually help me with some of these issues (of course, they also cause upsets stomachs!) which is what leads me to this hypothesis. Also, certain medications (SSRIs, Cymbalta, Lyrica, etc. can cause some strange effects, so check the side effects of any meds you're on.

On a positive note, I like to think of vertigo as a nice reminder that the world actually does revolve around me! :9: Feel free to use that reasoning for yourself.

magistramarla
11-23-2009, 04:15 PM
On a positive note, I like to think of vertigo as a nice reminder that the world actually does revolve around me! :9: Feel free to use that reasoning for yourself.

I Love this sentiment, and I probably will use it, too!
My balance problems and occasional vertigo comes from having Meniere's Syndrome, which I was diagnosed with long before the AI issues. Like you, I'm wondering whether there is a connection.
Marla

mountaindreamer
11-24-2009, 05:21 PM
hi adsimcik,

first, welcome to the group. I hope you will continue to contribute your knowledge to our questions.

I will smile next time i have vertigo, because i will remember that the world revolves around me. thanks for the chuckle.

scubagramplit
11-25-2009, 04:40 AM
yea, I have had this problem for a while and never thought any thing about it, its not bad but it now just seems like something else to ad to the list. See that? That must be the world revolving around us.

BonusMom
11-25-2009, 07:58 AM
On a positive note, I like to think of vertigo as a nice reminder that the world actually does revolve around me! :9: .

I like your thinking adsimcik!

Having experienced vertigo for the first time this month, I didn't like it one bit. The doctor said it was associated with the migraine that I eventually developed. I say hogwash as I've had migraines since I was 13 and never had vertigo associated with them. I hadn't had a migraine in more than 7 years although I've experienced an aura (wavy lines in my field of vision) almost daily.

My balance has definitely been off for the last 9-12 months and I feel like I'm always tripping over my own two feet (leave my hair color out of this:)). It's a good thing my mama didn't name me Grace 'cause I'm anything but graceful at times.

scubagramplit
12-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Interesting Bonus Mom, this is the first time I have heard this about the aura, all my life I have had problems with the aura that you are speaking of and it seems that it is always followed by a tremendous headache. Is it possible that this is part of the lupus also? I wonder. I do still get the aura on occasion but nothing like it used to be. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderfull.

magistramarla
12-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Auras are supposed to be very common with migraine headaches. I've never had one with my migraines, but one of my daughters had them a lot.
Marla