PDA

View Full Version : hi, im new to the site

tennisquirrel
08-09-2005, 08:29 PM
hi. im sara. im 17, a senior in highschool, i was diagnosed when i was in 6th grade. so, 6 years ago. i found the site, and was like, cool, people who understand. but the site kind of confuses me a little, it seems like it will take some getting use to. but i had to say, if theres anyone out there around my age who wants to talk, ok, you dont have to be around my age, you can contact me via email....tennisquirrel@yahoo.com. :!:

hatlady
08-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Welcome Sara!

I'm definitely NOT near your age. Probaly older than you Mom! But I want you to know that you are welcome here and among friends. Even if most of us are older than you.

Anther site you may want to visit, started by a young woman, is www.butyoudontlooksick.com - read the spoon story, you'll relate I know their site has a posting about college questions - so there are people who are younger.

YOu don't have to LEAVE us though! Your perspective will be most welcome among our group.

Hugs --

tennisquirrel
08-10-2005, 07:00 PM
hey, thanks for the site. dont worry, i wont leave you. i know people always ask me about my lupus because i seem so healthy. so they're always like, "whats it like then, you dont seems sick..." and what not. but yeah. its an interesting thing, but i if i really only had one thing to say about it, its "you cant change it, you cant make it go away, so you just have to make the best of it. start everyday as if youre not "sick" and take complete advantage of every second you feel good. life is short, the no point in making it shorter by being bummed out all the time"

dandoon_88
08-14-2005, 03:01 AM
hey sara, welcome to the site! i'm 17 too and just joined yesterday..
actually speaking of not looking sick, this perfectly describes me!! i was diagnosed a year ago and i dont have any lupus symptoms, it was only fatigue at the very beginning, i think it's very unusual, however lucky, not to have any symptoms, either felt or seen.
is it the same with you? wut type of lupus do u have? sorry for asking and
anyway i just wanted to say hi :)