PDA

View Full Version : The good and the bad

scarby
09-03-2009, 04:16 PM
I was feeling better so I thought I'd accept an invitation (finally!) to have dinner with my friends - dinner that supposedly followed with karaoke. I felt kind of bad leaving partway even though it was technically my bed time. So I tagged along. We had to walk quite a distance and by then I wanted more than ever to go home. Stuck with it and had some fun even though I had to really push myself. It got even more exciting when the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate a building. That was my cue to leave and I'm glad I did cause I would have felt even more trashed when I woke up this morning.

Now for the not so good. On a totally different topic that has been bothering me for the last couple of days. I am on a mid-semester break and have a test next week. Now in terms of writing notes I managed to do that but not much went it at all. By then, I was beginning to lack the motivation to do some study. I sat down to try to learn it but nothing's going in, which really isn't happening. The problem that I have is that I don't remember very much of the lectures as I was either foggy and/or really knackered. What I have been doing and am suppose to do is what I normally do to learn things and it usually works. I don't know why it isn't working. I thought that after going out last night I'd be a little more motivated to do some work but I'm not and I don't feel to good either. Starting to really stress :hissyfit:

Anyone know how to counter my lack of a brain?

mrstjscott
09-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Scarby, maybe you can get a mini tape recorder to help you with your studies. Just a suggestion.:cute:

Danica01
09-04-2009, 11:14 PM
I was also thinking a tape recorder would be really good for you. This will allow you to plat the lecture back when you know you will be able to retain the information. Then you can take notes from the tape instead of the in class. I have also been in college through my disease, I am a career student, and I find it really is hard at times to get through class, retain information and then study information I may have forgotten. So, I tried doing this, I would try restingt for a few minutes before I left for class or I would even close my eyes in my cars right when I got to school. This helped calm my body down a bit and made it easier for me to relax. Also, make sure you are getting enough sleep at night. The more nights you go without sleep, the worse the brain fog will get. If you are not sleeping try taking something over the counter to help you fall a sleep and then talk to your doctor about it when you go in to see him. Just don't give up! Keep trying new things to help you and eventually you will find a routine that works for you and helps your brain fog. Tonight I am sending you clear thoughts and gentle hugs :hug:

scarby
09-05-2009, 11:51 PM
The paper that I do have podcasts so I have gone back to listen to them and get down the stuff I missed. Just somehow missing the whole remembering part. It makes perfect sense just don't remember enough of it. But yea, I was kinda hoping for better memory as my sleep isn't as bad as it used to be. I only wake up every 1.5-2 hours and then fall back to sleep again. Ah well, one more week to go.