PDA

View Full Version : POST 100 - I'm a Ferret????

hatlady
08-09-2005, 04:37 PM
I love the fact that I have a colored in butterfly! I've noticed that the butterflies start very faint, and get a bit stronger with posts, and figured that I'd get a FULL butterfly at 100....and love it! :D

But what's with the names we get -

goldfish, hamsters, and now ferrets? I looked on the site and can't find a hierarchy or when the names change.

a FERRET? :shock:

What about butterfly names - start with catapillar, then to chrysallis (sp?) and on to.... monarch, yellow swallowtail, tiger butterfly, etc.. ?

hatlady
08-19-2005, 05:24 PM
OK, at 125 I've turned into a kitten.

meow?

I'd rather be a viceroy butterfly!

:lol:

Ouisch
08-23-2005, 09:19 PM
What critter do you have to be before your avatar shows up? :?:

hatlady
08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Do you mean the butterfly? That's at 100 - I was so tickled! They come in lighter at some point earlier than that.

The other avatar - your photo - or my hatlady critter - show up whenever.

but these weird names we get as we add posts? who the heck knows!

hatlady
11-06-2005, 07:47 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: and at 225 I turn into a FIERCE puppy? Never been called FIERCE before! :lol:

Who sets these things?!

SoleSinger
11-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Hee hee hee I'm a kitten! Mew mew purr purr!!! :):)

hatlady
11-19-2005, 05:07 AM
:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

at 250 I tuned into a SHOW POODLE!?!?!?!?!?!

I do need a haircut, but PUH-LEEZE!!!!

:lol:

hatlady
12-02-2005, 11:41 AM
:D Only took until 275 for that poodle to turn into a FIERCE poodle! Guess it didn't like that show cut! :lol:

Guess I need to growl to fit the part? GRRRRR!!! :mad:

:lol: yeah right....me fierce.

SoleSinger
12-02-2005, 12:24 PM
You know, I was reading one of your posts thinking... I didn't know that poodles could BE fierce... LOL!!

admin
12-05-2005, 03:19 PM
I run a large network of forums built off a central template I created, because I run a lot of very different topics I went with animal names because I thought that would be the least offensive overall. Posts per member here are a bit on the light side, but I have many forums where members have over 4,000 posts - so that's why they take so long to progress.

But I LOVE the idea of customizing with butterfly ranks over here. Please provide me with a progressive list, as many as possible, and I'll put them in.

Thanks!

hatlady
12-10-2005, 09:33 AM
:D :D

YEAH!!! I'll start working on a list - I have a butterfly book, and will also look on the web.

Would be fun to link to a webpage with butterflies - that way people would be able to see which one they "were" at that level.

How fun! I'll e-mail you and post here as I play on this project. (Tain't work, it's all play!) :D

hatlady
12-17-2005, 05:11 AM
This is post 299.....I've GOT to do JUST ONE MORE today to see what 300 will bring - in addition to another butterfly!!! "Fierce poodle" just ain't me.

I'm working on a butterfly list, will have something to you, most beloved admin, within the next couple of weeks.

Fierce poodle should be having her last post. And a new critter shall emerge..... :lol:

shanniefly
12-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Hey hat lady...I think that the monarch should be the last one on the list...reason being that it was the original butterfly chossen by the LFA, and the reason being that it is poisionous...like Lupus to our bodies...just a thought...carry on!!!

hatlady
12-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Shanniefly, HOW COOL!

I had started to think about an order - but wasn't sure. Thought maybe little "plain" butterflies to big fancy ones. Or maybe alphabetical. Or maybe by regions of the world.

But Monarch being the most important one - cool idea!

(Oh, I notice I've turned into a Labrador - make mine a chocolate lab, please! :lol: )

pinkjmf
08-08-2006, 01:29 PM
That sounds like a great idea.

Teresa
08-08-2006, 08:13 PM
I really like the idea of butterfly's they are so beautiful and as Lupus patients we could use more beauty. :lol:

SoleSinger
09-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Can I keep the rabit pit bull? I rather like it!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your resident spitfire...

lizbond36
05-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Hey I have 4 ferrets and three dogs. Ferrets are sooo cute LOL. I want to be a ferret (Big Smile)

Liz