PDA

View Full Version : Itching and Burning

Sandra
09-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi all hope evryone is doing ok. I have a question that i hope someone can help answer.
I have been feeling pretty bad lately, I am being investigated for nervous system issues. When I am in one of my flares I find pretty much a repeat performance of the times before.
I get a couple of symptoms that my rheumy never really investigates although they are a real problem for me.
My hands especially become stiff and tight and then i find they can really burn and then they start to itch. This kind of thing happens elsewhere on my body but my hands being that they are completely consumed because they are a smaller body part, I notice it more. My finger tips become very tender and sore as well as the tissues of my fingers and I get pins and needles or tingling in them. Do you deal with this kind of thing?
thanks Sandra

karenboss
09-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Can you eleminate the cause as a result of any drugs you're on? I think there are overlap autoimmun diseases that can cause itchy skin - mayb sjogrens? Are your finger tips whiter than the other part of your hand?

mountaindreamer
09-02-2009, 04:06 PM
hi sandra,

i deal with the exact same thing just about every day....my hands ache almost constantly....my rheumy nods her head in understanding, but offers no solutions...i think it must just go along with sle or fibro. I get a lot of pain in my wrists, and sometimes my hands feel like i am holding them in a hot oven.

Danica01
09-04-2009, 11:58 PM
I also deal with this everyday! I get so itchy that I wake myself up scratching at my body! I have even bruised from scratching so hard. I found out that my itching is caused by my Tramadol. I will deal with it because the pain is much harder to live with. One thing I can suggest is Benadryl. I will take two when the itching is at its worse and it seems to quiet it down just a bit. Just make sure to mention it at your next appointment and if it gets really bad go in and see them right away. Hopefully they can figure this out and treat it so that you can be a little more comfortable. I will be thinking of you. i am sending you thoughts of an itch free night and gentle hugs :hug: