PDA

View Full Version : Auto-immune and Agent Orange

Grime
09-02-2009, 07:08 AM
I don't know how many here are vets and have auto-immune but after a lot of research I found out that auto-immune goes back to agent orange. I've got the paper work in for service connected disability now.

Here is the link to the document that I found.

http://www.gulfwarvets.com/ao.html

rob
09-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks David,

That's interesting stuff that I'm going to dig into later today and read. I am a veteran of the First Gulf War era, and I have always wondered if my auto-immune problems have to do with all the Depleted Uranium I handled. D.U. is not hazardous from a radioactive standpoint, but it is a highly toxic heavy metal much like lead.

Rob

Danica01
09-04-2009, 11:37 PM
That is so interesting and I it really makes me angry that this could happen to people who are defending our country. I am sorry. Keep us posted on how it goes from here on out and what you find out. Hang in there and good luck with all of this :veryhappy:

pandagirl
09-08-2009, 11:45 AM
when I first entered the dental field in the early 80's ..not only did we not have to wear gloves..we used to touch mercury with our hands!!! The old silver fillings contain mercury which we used to mix in an a special little "gizmo" that combined the merc with the other metals that were in pellet form. I thank God my kids came out normal and healthy!!!

mountaindreamer
09-08-2009, 12:53 PM
hi david,

love your avator, but where is his sun hat.....he must be lucky and not have lupus. ha ha ha

interesting connection with agent orange...there is not telling how many things we will learn in the future about this stuff.

glad to see you around, hope you are doing ok....you said you got your paper work in for service connected disability....have you already been approved?