PDA

View Full Version : Driver's Test

porchy
08-31-2009, 10:56 PM
OHHHHH my god. They want me to take a written driver's test.......my renewal date is coming up and I have to take this test. I am really worried because my brain fog is so bad and my memory is worse yet.....how am I going to manage this test??? What if I blank out? What if my brain just goes flat-line like it does sometimes and I just freeze? This would happen NOW.....oh boy.

I guess I'll just get the Rules of the Road book and go over it & over it & over it until it sinks in.

I wish there was a way I could get out of taking it (like with jury duty).....but if I told them how spacey I am, they would probably take away my driver's license for good! :wideeyed:

So anyway, say prayers, throw rice over your shoulder, keep your fingers crossed, and send positive vibes....I will gratefully accept all forms of reinforcement!!!

My test will be on or before September 22. Wish me luck & a clear head!!

Oluwa
09-01-2009, 05:58 AM
http://www.dmv.org/il-illinois/practice-tests.php

Just read the manual like a novel....and it will stick in your memory better...

The less you stress it will lessen your chances of having the swamp fog....relax...read and the above link is where you can do a few practice tests for free or buy fro your state, Illinois....

Love,
Oluwa

mountaindreamer
09-01-2009, 06:58 AM
hi porchy....oh yuk...i can't believe you have to take your test again.... but, don't let this thing get the best of you....you can do it, we will help.

I laughed when i thought of you explaining "lupus brain fog" to them in an effort to avoid the test....i can just imagine the look of their faces.....and yes, they probably would not give you a new license....so , we will just keep this one to ourselves.

ButterflyRN
09-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Good vibes and no brain fog coming your way! Just review and you'll do fine. Don't get stressed out over it! Good luck!

porchy
09-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Thank You so much!!! Oluwa, thank you for the link to the practice tests. It has been forever since I had to take one of these tests......I hope I get it right.

I feel like my brain has been anesthetized lately....probably the Neuronitin + heavy brain fog.

I slept 2 1/2 hours today and I still feel exhausted. My hands ache too. I feel whiny in general. Wahhhhhh!

Thanks again for the help & support. Much appreciated!

Danica01
09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Oh my goodness, what pressure! Like Oluwa said, read it like a novel over and over again. Make some flash cards after you read the book. This will help get it into your head by rewriting what you just read. If that is even tough try finding a way to rhyme things or make clever sayings to help you remember all the information. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! I will be thinking about you and you have to tell us one way or the other after you have taken it. I am sending you lots of hugs to get you through this and remember keep your chin up and you will surprise everyone :hug: