PDA

View Full Version : getting of pain medicine

Mckinney906
08-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Hello!

I am in need of some support and encouraging words... I have been taking Oxycodone for almost 2 years everyday! as prescribed but regardless needing it everyday either for pain or just the fact of going into Withdrawal. I was on 20mg of Oxycontin and 1-3 10mg percocets a day for breakthrough pain. As of Saturday I took 1 - 10mg oxycontin, Sunday 17mg of percocet total & today will be 15mg (Tomorrow will be 10mg!). It could be worse but it is definitely uncomfortable and dealing with w/d on top of all my health problems is annoying to say the least. I decided to get off pain medicine as a "break" I want my body to have a breather and to make it so I don't have a tolerance anymore so I can take it and have it actually work! Today I woke up with diarrhea, watery eyes, yawning, migraine etc. but as soon as I took a 5mg with a muscle relaxer I felt better... my goal is to only be on Plaquinil & Prednisone (as needed). Has anyone else gone through this? Night time is definitely the worst with the crawly, gotta move feeling you get when laying still :hissyfit:

mountaindreamer
08-31-2009, 10:47 AM
hi mckinney,

i have only taken oxycodone (sp) once, and my body just shut down, so i have not taken again. I presently take dilaudid for pain, and am very cautious about taking too often. I live every day in pain, and only take when it is just unbearable. I am trying to avoid exactly what you are having to endure....so, i don't have any experience with coming off pain meds, but i am so sorry that you are dealing with it.

i am sure others will be along very soon, and they will be able to offer some wise words of advice.

good luck, hope your day is ok.