PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fogs

Spanglishqueen
08-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Oaky! I know we all get brain fogs but I'm really starting to have severe issues with mine and I have not yet been diagnosed with Lupus just Sjgorgens. What worries me is that my last blood test I had elevated CK levels, and that means there could be an indication of brain issues. My Rheumy has not decided to give me a CTScan or MRI yet (says I don't need the radiation). My concern is I am really getting bad. The other day at work I was doing a training class and in mid sentence I forgot the word "signature", I actually had to do the hand motion and someone guessed what I was saying, and I made a joke and we went on, but it has been happening a lot lately (eventually I'm not going to be able to joke about). And my grammar and spelling are horrific (you wouldn't think I have a J.D) Today I made up another word "glossieded" What the heck does that mean :laugh: Only good thing going for me is I present it with confidence and people let it go :tongue2: I also have been getting fuzzy headaches (that's what I call the headaches that aren't as much pain as the feeling of having air blown in your head making you feel fuzzy). I'm actually starting to get concerned if there could be brain issues. I do have sleep apnea but it is really mild my CPAP pressure is only 6 lowest possible is 4, and I'm on Provigil so I don't think they should continue to think it's the apnea.

pandagirl
08-24-2009, 04:10 PM
I am right there with you...I absolutely must have full nights sleep or the next day it is like I am on drugs!! I also have found that right before a flare I have bad anxiety and during the flare I get the fog. I just told my doctor, normally I can multitask about 6 things...now only 2 if I am lucky. I too have that feeling of dread and fear of holy ***t what is going on? My spelling is horrible too...thank God for spell check, unfortunately it does not help when the words won't come out of the mouth when I need to speak!! If my daughters tell me one more time ...'I told you that'..I am going to scream...the memory is terrrible.I think they don't want to see it...ages 11 and 22.:unsure:

Danica01
08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
I am so sorry you are having these issues. I understand and have them pretty bad myself. It is tough to function during the day and it even gets a little embarrassing on my end but you are right, if you go at it with confidence people will forgive and forget the silliness we have when it comes to our brain fog :veryhappy:

The worst is forgetting words when you are talking.......this happens to me and it is very hard. I am an accountant and there are times it has affected my ability to even do my simple bookkeeping jobs. Lately I have been putting things in weird places. I have put the milk in the cupboard and ice in the fridge......it goes on and on!!!!!!!!!! Tim is great with it and most of the time he helps me laugh at all of it. Still, it is very hard. My brain fog has affected my balance and at times I will just fall over. I think Gumbi takes over my body during those episodes:-)

I have a couple of questions for you.......how are you sleeping at night??????? You said you get dizzy headaches, have they looked into vertigo???????? I also don't understand that if you are having an increase in these symptoms and you lab work shows something, why won't they give you and MRI???????

I really think they need to look at your brain. They probably won't find anything and they will just put it in your file as another symptom but, for peace of mind, they need to just look. It will make you feel better and you never know, maybe a little change in medication can help. Remember, you are your only advocate when it comes to managing your disease and if you want them to look into this more, call them and get in soon and push it until they don't have another choice.

Just hang in there love and remember, we are all here for you and we will help you get through this. I am sending you healing thoughts and gentle hugs to get you through the night :hug:

Spanglishqueen
08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
I think they don't want to see it...ages 11 and 22.:unsure:
Alright this is how bad it's getting. I actually read this and said to myself wow she's 22 and has an 11 year old :) :laugh: Lord Help Me. LOL!

Spanglishqueen
08-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks Danica! I have a Rheumy visit at the end of the month. And I sleep great during the night I don't wake up a lot and I sleep solid. Now due to the Provigil the Day Time sleepiness is gone. Actually I know why they haven't tested me is because soo many things were wrong at the same time. Sleep apnea, IBS, Sgjorgens, Lupus-like syndrome. They needed to wait for the treatment on most work itself out before doing too many tests. I know just as the symptoms pile up I get worried. I will push for the tests. Tho.
Panda I actually notice I feel worse and am more foggy when I am anxious. Working on that too.

Thanks all :grouphug:

pandagirl
08-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Brenda...very funny!! No ...the kids are 11 and 22...(one husband.hahah) but I do write things sometimes even I am confused when I look back and read it !!!lol:wacko: Some days I feel like I am 86..not 46.

scarby
08-25-2009, 02:35 PM
This happens to me too. Sometimes, I feel like I'm 90 rather than 19 :laugh:

crmj1183
08-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Before I joined this forum I thought I was going crazy because I would forget stuff or even think I read certain things. Its good to know that Im not alone and it just lupus playing tricks on me.... I f thT MAKES ANY SENSE TO ANYONE.

chriss

Jerzi
08-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Haha, oh Scarby, I can relate to that. I frequently make jokes about how I'm secretly an 83-year-old woman. My friends bought me a cane for my 18th birthday xD.

Curse that brain fog! It needs to stop happening. Mines been brutal lately. Just yesterday I unpacked groceries into the microwave instead of the cupboard. :wacko:
My grandma was really confused when she opened the microwave a while later.

Spanglishqueen
08-30-2009, 05:07 PM
:) That's funny ! Yup they sneak up on us at any time. Yesterday I was at a good friends house they were having a Pig fest (anything pork and edible they had it). I was in front of my friend telling a story about something I said to him earlier and I forgot his name. :o:wideeyed: I was a 'lil embarrassed because it was obvious I was lost for words. But I recovered nonetheless :cute: Thank goodness I'm cute LOL!

scarby
08-31-2009, 12:13 AM
Haha Jerzi! my friends did not go that far to get me a cane. I think the best way to get around this is to view it from the humorous side

Patricia914
09-08-2009, 11:26 AM
haha
I have had those moments as well- I thought it was just me!
It's sometimes quite frustrating, though, when you are trying to illustrate a point and are at a loss for words. I've always been known as quite the chatterbox, so you can see how this affects me!
As for the spelling, I find I get confused even with the simplest of words sometimes! Somehow I've managed to keep on trucking- I just got diagnosed in March of my senior year, but graduated with a 4.0 nonetheless! Even with hospital visits and so forth, which just goes to show that the occasional brain fart now and then can go unpunished.

pandagirl
09-08-2009, 11:40 AM
so ...we are all just a little "lupie":laugh:

Karenlee
09-08-2009, 06:55 PM
I sometimes just don't understand lupus--are there different degrees of severity, symptoms? My chief complaint was the aches-sometimes I think I don't have lupus from reading all of the other posts here, the pain described is certainly worse than I've had. Occasionally it hits me at night, the worst by far is the never ending fatigue. I sleep two hrs. during the day and by 6 I'm ready for bed again. Have no energy, no ambition, this is the hardest because I used to be so active. Also don't understand the connection with the sun issue. I thought staying out of the sun was a discoid precaution, not SLE-what happens? Overproduction of white cells etc.? Help me someone. Karen:wideeyed:

Spanglishqueen
09-09-2009, 07:20 AM
haha
I just got diagnosed in March of my senior year, but graduated with a 4.0 nonetheless! Even with hospital visits and so forth, which just goes to show that the occasional brain fart now and then can go unpunished.

Hooray for you awesome :banana::fam21:

Spanglishqueen
09-09-2009, 07:26 AM
I sometimes just don't understand lupus--are there different degrees of severity, symptoms? My chief complaint was the aches-sometimes I think I don't have lupus from reading all of the other posts here, the pain described is certainly worse than I've had. Occasionally it hits me at night, the worst by far is the never ending fatigue. I sleep two hrs. during the day and by 6 I'm ready for bed again. Have no energy, no ambition, this is the hardest because I used to be so active. Also don't understand the connection with the sun issue. I thought staying out of the sun was a discoid precaution, not SLE-what happens? Overproduction of white cells etc.? Help me someone. Karen:wideeyed:

Yes Karen it's hard and I will say it it SUCKS:cussing: Each person's flare is different and we all have been affected in some way or the other with what you are feeling. Sometimes my fatigue is so horrible I sleep 20+ hours, the sun makes me nauseous, etc... I'm not diagnosed with Lupus either I have Sjogrens and undifferentiated connective tissue disorder. Hang in there we are here for you :hug:

gina
09-09-2009, 09:18 AM
my brain fog was so bad today. i took my boyfriends keys. mine were in my purse i saw them on the counter saw my big truck key i forgot he put it on his key ring use to be in the drawer grab them left. was jammin in the truck got to work had five missed calls from him called him and he said hey gina do you have my keys i saind i have mine. he said look and they were in the igniton. so thats how i started my day.

lucky7
09-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Laughter is the BEST medicine isnt it!!!!!! :laugh: Its nice we can help others to laugh as well as laugh at ourselves!!!!! It TRUELY DOES HELP our health!!!!!! THUMBS UP to LAUGHING!!!:thumbs-up: