PDA

View Full Version : ripping pain

debbie-b
08-22-2009, 07:27 PM
I have had this before, but this time it lasts much longer. I am having pains in my upper back, next to my shoulder blades, it feels like either the muscle or the tissue is ripping, after the ripping feeling, that part feels numb, it happens about 20-25 times a day. Another thing, my spine is very sensitive, my cat will jump on the couch and nudge me, nudging my neck and my spine will hurt, it feels like a painful electrical jolt, through my intire spine. So after that I told my husband to lightly touch my spine and it hurts like heck, anywhere he touches it. Between the ripping pain and the spine pain, all I can say, I just want to scream in pain. Does anybody have an idea, what this could be?

Debbie

bunnie
08-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi Debbie,
So sorry to hear you are having a bad time with your back. I've had some back issues over the years, too. What you are describing sounds to me like a bulging disc, or bone spur that is pressing on the nerve or nerves in your spine. This can cause the "electrical" jolt you are feeling, and the muscle pain and tenderness. I strongly suggest you see your doctor. They should order an MRI, or similar test. In the meantime, take it easy, try ice 15 mins on 15 mins off.
I've often described mine as feeling like there is a firecracker in my back. Not fun. Hope you feel better soon!
God Bless,
Deb

Angel Oliver
08-23-2009, 02:42 AM
Hi Debbie,

I agree with Deb,go and see your doctor.I can identify with the shoulder blade pain,omg thats so painful,burning,stinging,pulling you get no comfort at all.Today for me i have lower back ache and pains.For me i dont know why for me its happening.I sorry i have no answers,but tell your doctor and i hope you get the answer soon.Until then try and rest.Others will post soon,so maybe they will know what it is.Im thinking of you.

Love n very gentle hugs
Amandaxxxxxxxxx