PDA

View Full Version : hot flashes? night sweats? men and women

pjreeses
08-22-2009, 12:57 PM
does anyone else get hot flashes that are not menopause related? also night sweats?

Angel Oliver
08-22-2009, 01:22 PM
I seem to post on all the new threads about new ailments......but YES i do at night.xxxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
08-22-2009, 02:25 PM
yes, i have issues with night sweats....i have to turn my air conditioner down really low, and turn on fans in my bedroom....this helps a lot, but my little yorkie, roscoe, gets really cold and digs himself into the covers.

some of my meds seem to make this even worse....especially the methotrexate.

Oluwa
08-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Yep I have hot showers without the curtain and soap....

Me, I keep the A/C running, ceiling fan spinning and one leg sticking out from underneath the covers...

L,
O.

bunnie
08-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi there,
I get those lovely hot flashes and the night sweats too. I don't think it's menopause related, I am only 35, and I have had them for a few years now. Sometimes I have to get up at night and change my clothes or my sheets/blanket. :yuck:

This lupus makes one feel so attractive!
Here's to AC!!
Deb

magistramarla
08-22-2009, 05:51 PM
There have been several threads about this in the past. Those miserable night sweats seem to be common to many of us. It really disturbs my sleep. I tend to wake up feeling hot, throw off the covers, get back to sleep, and then wake up feeling cold. This goes on every two hours, like clockwork - 2, 4, 6 a.m. I know that such a poor sleep pattern must be doing bad things to my health.
Marla

pjreeses
08-22-2009, 06:54 PM
wow, guys you've just described what i go through every night. its really hard to sleep at night. i too have the ac running, a fan blowing and still i'm hot. lately it has started in the mornings when i get up too. it feels like when i get out of bed, my house goes from cool to hot. i've even started turning down the ac even more. my poor hubby is all bundled up under the covers like its winter. also during the day, or any other time, i sweat ten times more than most other people do under the same circumstances. i take lukewarm or cool showers because i don't see the point in taking a hot one if i'm just going to start sweating

debbie-b
08-22-2009, 07:00 PM
wow, guys you've just described what i go through every night. its really hard to sleep at night. i too have the ac running, a fan blowing and still i'm hot. lately it has started in the mornings when i get up too. it feels like when i get out of bed, my house goes from cool to hot. i've even started turning down the ac even more. my poor hubby is all bundled up under the covers like its winter.

LOL, my husband too, he sits here with a sweater on, poor guy is freezing his butt off and my hair is dripping wet from sweating. I also have them all day and all night long, but I have menopause as well.

Debbie

Angel Oliver
08-23-2009, 02:48 AM
I woke up the other morning,after thowing my leg out and woke to my little cat soosie playing with my toe.......it hurt but was funny :):scared:

DrinkofWtr
08-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I get the night sweats and hot flashes. I don't know if they are lupus or menopause related, or both. The night before last, I had the night sweats really bad and woke up in the middle of the night soaking wet. Along with the sweats, it was a particularly humid and hot night to boot.

SandyR
08-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Yep I have hot showers without the curtain and soap.....

:) Oluwa you always have such a way of words that cuts right to the chase AND cracks me up! You described perfectly the reason why I take a coooooold shower before bed!

crmj1183
08-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Oh yeah, pj

I get them all the time. It doesnt necessarily have to be at night for me I get them anytime of the day.

Chriss