PDA

View Full Version : New member from Colorado - lupus of the brain

catlady4520
08-07-2005, 07:49 PM
I've been seeing a rheumatologist since 2001 for UCTD but in April, started having seizures. Just finally found out that it is indeed lupus of the brain and am taking chemo once a month for 6 months. I just got a brand new job and am training in AZ for 6 weeks. Wanted to hold off on the chemo (cytoxan) until after training but my doc said it's really serious, that my brain is extremely inflamed and if I don't get it treated, could be facing stroke or a coma. Am really scared! For the last almost 2 months have had headaches (although this didn't start until I was started on anti-seizure meds) and that really fuzzy in the head feeling.
The cytoxan wasn't as bad as I thought and my doc said it's not near the dosage that cancer patients have. Just praying and taking one day at a time and hoping I can make it through training.
Would appreciate any input! :)

hatlady
08-08-2005, 05:34 AM
Catlady,

I have no words of wisdom to offer, your expreience is quite different than mine. I can only offer hugs. Welcome to this board, and I hope you'll find both comfort and answers here. It is good to be among friends who understand!

On a lighter note - put the two of us together and I think you end up with...

the cat
in
the hat
:shock: :P :roll: :lol: :D

catlady4520
08-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the support! The only real side effect I've noticed from the chemo is fatigue. The headaches still have not improved but hopefully once the inflammation goes down, that will improve also. Just hate taking so many meds. :mad: