PDA

View Full Version : Full feeling/pain

pandagirl
08-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Lately I have this 'full feeling' and pain in my left side??? Usually happens a while after I eat. I can't tell if the pain is under my ribs or on the outside of the ribs. does anyone get this...could it be the spleen?? Any takers???:unsure:

BonusMom
08-19-2009, 07:15 PM
I was diagnosed with gastroparesis (also referred to as delayed motility) a few years before I was diagnosed with SLE. I also have Sjogren's Syndrome.

Initially, I felt full after just a few bites and was nauseous upon waking. I developed horrible GERD. Because I tired of vomiting all the time, I started an all liquid diet. Zofran was prescribed for nausea. Reglan, which is supposed to help your stomach empty faster was a nightmare for me-I couldn't function when taking it. I had several gastric emptying studies done, EEG's, Botox in the pyloric valve to help relax it, and many other tests.

Anyway, I understand many people with AI issues also have GI issues. I would definitely mention the pain and digestive issues to your doctor.

Leksie
08-20-2009, 06:05 AM
I think I've had the same pain, I used to think it was my spleen working overtime, but then I had my spleen removed due to ITP, and I still get it. I never thought about if it was related to me eating.... I'll have to remember that next time I have this pain. If I can with the now constant brain fog...:wacko: I don't feel this all the time though it kind of comes and goes with weeks in between.

Natasha

pandagirl
08-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks ladies...I just invested in some Gas-X...lol..no kidding, it seems to be moving the pain around a little. I will definitely keep a check on it and I will mention it at my next follow-up appointment. I have a problem with telling the doctor things that aren't happening 'at the moment'. I really need to write stuff down so I do remember to tell the little things that happen in between visits:laugh:

Sandra
08-25-2009, 11:10 AM
The more I read the more I am the same... I have even stopped going out to dinner as I hate to pay for a plate and eat three bites and I'm done! Feel so full like I ate the whole world. That pain is exactly as you mention too and I'll be happy to know what it is too. I also have problems with costocondritis of the ribs too that really hurt too especially when I am feeling really full. Sandra

pandagirl
08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
No lie my ribs are killing me today..it woke me up..pain from the neck..down the back and wraps around the ribs!! I always thought it was just my 'bad' neck...previous surgery. :wacko:

Angel Oliver
08-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Hope you ease soon.

love Amanda.x