PDA

View Full Version : Exercise

Vester
08-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I have been having more good days and wanted to share with everyone. I have started exercising 4weeks ago doing cardio at least 30min 3-7 times a week. The more I exercise the more energy I have. Yes I am still suffering with fatigue and pain but it is better than what it use to be. I am taking Excedrin for my pain and not having to take Morphine or no pain medication at all. I can deal with my pain if it is at least a 3 on a pain scale 1 out of 10 with 10 being the worst. Thank God for more good days.

debbie-b
08-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Hi Vester,

I am happy for you, that you are feeling better.
I have tried exercise, because I am getting so fat, even though I am not on prednison. My problem is, that my joints hurt so much, that I can't exercise, not even walk, without pain. I'll keep trying, because I can't stand looking in the mirror.
So good for you, you are getting exercise and you feel better.

Debbie

ButterflyRN
08-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Vester so glad to hear that you are feeling well! Exercising is great for us and especially our hearts! I am so happy that you are having such success and feel well! Keep it up!!!:653:

Saysusie
08-19-2009, 10:41 AM
HOORAAAY!
Regular exercise is one of the most important things that we can do in our attempts to manage our Lupus. Just make sure that you do not over tire yourself or do too many exercises that jar the body.
Giving you more energy is only one of the benefits you reap from regular exercise. Keep up the good work!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
08-19-2009, 11:10 AM
hi vester,

hooray for you....living with lupus requires that we search around until we find something that works for us....congrats on discovering the value of exercising....i try to walk most days, and sometimes i go to water aerobics. I can't say they give me more energy because i usually end up down for the day, but i keep trying.