PDA

View Full Version : Did you see

ButterflyRN
08-18-2009, 02:25 PM
I am so excited! I finally changed my settings so I can post in color and add those great smiley faces :9: and I posted my profile pic with my sweet doggie Buddy...he's an old english sheep dog and I keep his hair short!

Just wanted to share something positive since I feel like all I share anymore are my problems with my health!

I hope you are all having a good day!

Luv ya all- ButterflyRN

mountaindreamer
08-18-2009, 02:41 PM
oh, something tells me we are in for a treat....now your imagination can run wild and this should be fun. I did not realize that you were having problems with these settings....have fun my friend, and quit feeling guilty about sharing your troubles.

dassar RN
08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
:9: Thanks Butterfly RN

Dassar RN

Angel Oliver
08-18-2009, 03:28 PM
:You_Rock_Emoticon: yipeeeeeeee have fun.xxxxxxxx

Spanglishqueen
08-18-2009, 04:20 PM
DISCOVERING THE NEW SETTINGS IS ALWAYS FUN!!!:fam21::banana::09:
Glad you are able to enjoy them. Buddy is cute.

ButterflyRN
08-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks Everyone! You all are the best! :fam21:

abbasgirl
08-18-2009, 10:12 PM
What a cute dog!!!

ButterflyRN
08-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks Abbasgirl! He's my 106 lb 4 year old baby!!! He really is a good dog. We adopted him last year from a rescue. Never thought in a million years I would have ever owned an old english sheep dog...LOL! I tried for the little yorkie poo puppy but was working full time and didn't really have the time to put in to a puppy. And then we found this guy! He is so well behaved and was house trained.
The only thing is he doesn't do well with other dogs (I don't think he was socialized very well as a pup) and he goes crazy when kids on bikes go by or motorcycles. It's kind of funny because he can hear a motorcycle I swear from a mile away and starts looking for it :laugh:!

But he loves people and is great with kids!

Saysusie
08-19-2009, 10:32 AM
KEWL!! Isn't amazing how much fun we can have when we discover what is available?? Looking forward to you new and exciting posts :yes:

Peace amd Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

ButterflyRN
08-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks Saysusie!

:071:

DrinkofWtr
08-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Nice pic of your doggie! Enjoy your updated computer setup.

abbasgirl
08-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Saysusie, this place is the bomb! I can't wait till I'm able to enjoy the arcade again.

That's a big cute doggie, Butterfly. He came with some nice perks. Already house trained is a big plus! Sheep dogs are soooooooo cute and sweet! I had one that was half... he wasn't as shaggy, but had the cute bangs over the eyes. I got him as a pup when I was young teen.

Hubby has been considering getting a dog for a few months now. He was thinking about getting a wire haired terrier, but now I think he's looked at so many different dogs that he's not sure. He is sure he wants a dog that's not too little but not too big either. I keep hoping he'll lean towards a schnoodle. They're adorable! I hope our kitty can adapt to having one around. She's so easy going, but I wonder if she'll be that way about a puppy.

ButterflyRN
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't think I have ever seen a schnoodle! I bet they are cute! I hear wire haired terriers are very active dogs! But they are cute! Can't wait to hear what kind of dog you get!

magistramarla
08-20-2009, 12:52 PM
My daughter is a dog trainer. A few years ago, while she was living at home, she bought a purebred German Shepherd, and paid $1200 for him. Conner is from the same bloodline as RinTinTin, and looks just like the famous dog. He is perfectly trained and will do anything for Meghan. Then, she found a teeny-tiny Chihuahua puppy in a parking lot and rescued her. Lily now weighs about 5 lbs. and Conner weighs about 130 lbs. The two of them are best friends, and of course, Lily rules the roost!
Meg and her husband now live on an Air Force base, and everyone is highly amused when she takes her two dogs for walks. When her baby is born, I know that both of those dogs will become quite a team of guardians for the little one. No, I'm not worried about the big dog with the baby. Meg trained him to be a demo-dog at her job. Kids could pull his tail or ears, or even try to ride on him, and he was perfectly fine with it. Conner will just consider the baby as one more member of his "pack" that he must love and guard.
Meg understands a lot about dog psychology (and horses, and sea lions, and sea otters, and walruses- she worked at Sea World). She is convinced that any dog can act like Conner does, if it is trained right. I've never been much of a dog person, but she has taught me to be much more comfortable around them. Still, I'll take a cat any day!
Marla

rob
08-20-2009, 01:42 PM
All the new features here are alot like a new toy for your Birthday, or Christmas. Very cool indeed, especially when you figure out some new thing you can do, and it works for the first time.

Marla, I've learned to be tolerant of, trust, and even like, a few dogs. But, like you, I'll take cats any day! (I suspect my three cats would agree)

magistramarla
08-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey Rob,
You would love my boys. Casper is 5 yrs. old, and is a flame-point Siamese. We call him "Casper, the overly-friendly cat" because there is no stranger that he doesn't love. He'll even follow the exterminator around the house.
Dax is a 2 yr. old Maine Coon. He also happens to be polydactyl and has 7 toes on one paw and 6 on all the rest. When Meg was working at a pet store, she and the manager had to chase away a guy who was selling kittens in the parking lot. When she went on break, she found a box with a kitten in it, and a note that said "Nobody will buy this **** deformed cat". When she brought him home, we realized that he was polydactyl. Jeff took him on his lap with his laptop, named him Dax, and there he stayed. The two of them are inseparable.
Since we can only take 2 pets to our new home, our renters are going to keep Shadow, a 14 yr. old black cat who thinks that he is still a bad boy. We took Gizmo, a 7 yr. old black cat, to Kayla. Her little boy loves him. Sadly, I'm going to have to have K.C.(another black) and Bexar (a chocolate point Siamese) put to sleep. They are both 18 yrs. old and they are just barely hanging on. They've reached the point that they have quit grooming themselves, and they can barely jump onto the couch, so I know that it is time to let them go.
I adore my cats, and they always live to a very happy and healthy old age.
Marla

ButterflyRN
08-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Oh I am a cat lover too! My last two animals before my fluffy sheep dog were cats. Both adopted.

The first one was Mickey and he was a maine coon! Loved that cat! He ruled the roost! We called him Mickey Green eyes the gangsta kitty! He would sit in the front yard and when any dog would come in the yard he would stand his ground and make sure no doggie or kitty for that matter came near his house! He also acted like a dog and would follow you around a track that is behinde our house! He is so missed. Two years ago we had to put him to sleep because he had a abdominal tumor and was just too weak to go through surgery! :hissyfit:

Then our last cat we adopted was just a tabby that was a ferral. We got him when he was 5 months old. He was very skidish around my husband (but then again my husband scared him a lot too...shame on him). His name was Piper...he would be so cute and climb up on my chest and nestle his nose in my neck and fall asleep. Piper got sick with cronoavirus (there is no cure) and I had to put him to sleep at 11months of age :hissyfit:

Very hard times for me with both of those animals being sick, but I did love them!