PDA

View Full Version : I just want to scream today

leaann
08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Just when you think things are going ok they get worse and you want to scream... I got my letter in the mail from the disablity office of cousre was denied... how dare they, now I have to appeal...

According to the SSI they show that there are restrictions when it comes to working but not enough to show I am disable... I lost my job because I could no longer preform the task...I stayed on FMLA and the dr was for ever sending a letter to work asking to change my situation at work which did not help.

Where I worked was an awful place, we had to clock out to go to the restroom and get approval before we went. Kind of hard to do that when you got IBS learking at you. Many days I wound up with accidents and had to go home. Not easy when you live 40 miles away from work and you have an accident 2 or 3 hours after you get there...

Secondly we were not allowed to stand up or move around in our desk unless approved. Could not prop feet up could only sit and face computer. Tough task when you have arthist(sp) and edmina.

Thirdly we were not allowed to put medication on our desk for any reason, hard to do when you take 100 pills a day and your life depends on it. the big kicker is if you pass out they will not call an ambulance unless you ask for one. How can a person ask for an ambulance if they can not speak.????:hissyfit: last year I laid on the floor unconsiouse(sp) for over an hour before they called my husband (well they called my kid first and he told them to call my husband) oh that went well...(NOT)

I am losing my hearing and mind is not what it use to be but yet the SSI office thinks I can still do my job. I can not hear at all in my right ear and my job would not allow a special headset for me so that I could hear to do my job correctly. HMMM :shocked:

they say we can not stand at work at our desk but yet If I don't move around I will not be able to walk out of the place just to get home.By the end of most days I was on the floor crawling to get to the car and no one would help...

Dr was so fed up with my job and there policies that she begged me to stop working and even went to my job and talked to them and got no where...

I filed my appeal with the ssi office and let them know just what I thought. I can not sleep, I do not eat, I swell up like a blimp, my joints and muscles hurt, my eyes are dried out and red my vision is going down hill and my hair is falling out. I am losing my mind due to brain fog which is so bad that I have injuried myself,now hubby want let me do anything. I can go out side the sun hates me and heat does not like either... I spend most days turning colors from blue to red to white to now a bright yellow. Can I help it , no I can't even get to the stupid dr that I need to because I lost my stupid job... HMMM:hissyfit:

I need sleep, I need medication and I need a vacation....:laugh:
I am tired of feeling like my skin is made of leather and my eyes live in the desert.

My back hurts, my legs hurt, if you touch me my skin bruises and bleeds like I am 80 years old, and gee just think I just turned 40 whoo what is 50 going to be like... I don't think it will be a walk in the park. It will probley(sp) feel more like I fell off a mountian and hit every rock on the way down...

Does the ssi office think this is the life of a person who can work if so they need to follow me to my next job interview when I start to explain that I have a medical condition and see how that goes...(oh I am sorry you are not what we are looking for at this time) what they mean to say is we don't want your sick old ass here causing us problem...

Like I told the guy at the ssi live in my shoes for one day and see how you feel...(You would bitch like there was no tomorrow and cry just as if you were a newborn baby not knowing what to do).

They say there's a light at the end of the tunnel and that good things happen if you just give it time... I sometimes feel like I am running on empty and there is no gas station is sight to fill me back up...

I could go on and on and on with this rant but then again most of you would hate me, so I think I will just end my pity party here and hope and hope for a better tomorrow...

and to top off my day when I went to the convience store today my total was 6.66 gee just what I needed. the lady behind the counter added 5 cent to it just to get it off the 666 price. hmmm not my day.

Peace love and happiness to all

Angel Oliver
08-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Leann we could never hate you ever.666 made me giggle,just the sort of stuff that happens to me.I too am appealing my benefits here in the UK.Just you keep fighting for what should be yours in the first place.These people i think do stuff like this so people dont bother actually fighting for the money..therefore government gets it. You have come along way so far..so keep fighting and keep posting here we will all support you.I know its a tough time,but i am thinking of you. Ive not read your post in full but i hope this is ok i have a headache n feel very sick lol and trying to sit upright n lying down in turns lol.
Just hang in there my friend.
Love
Amanda.xxxxx

leaann
08-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Amen I agree that I think the government or people working for the disablity office make it hard so that you will give up and they can keep there money... it is just awful...

It's ok you did not read all the post I was just ranting... Hope you feel better... get some rest and take care

Angel Oliver
08-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Ranting is always good..so keep it up..i do it all the time also.You just fight n get whats your.xxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
08-17-2009, 07:30 PM
hi lea,

remember, this is your money that you are just trying to get back. You have been paying into ss for years, and you deserve for the government to help you now. Don't give up, please keep pushing your cause....no, you obviously can't work, and i am so glad that your dr. is trying to help.

good luck, i am so glad that the cashier added 5 cents to your total, at least she was on your side today.

Grime
08-18-2009, 06:04 AM
Lea,
You need to take an attorney with you. Its going to cost you but in the end you'll get on disability. Its no difference with the VA system you have to fight them. So don't give up that's what they want you to do.

rob
08-18-2009, 08:20 AM
hi lea,

remember, this is your money that you are just trying to get back. You have been paying into ss for years, and you deserve for the government to help you now. Don't give up, please keep pushing your cause.

Leaann,

Phyllis took the words right out of my mouth. And I agree with David, some sort of legal representation would a good thing at this point. Don't give up.

Rob

PS That was one of the best rants I've heard in a long time! It's good to cut loose every once in awhile.

leaann
08-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks Phyllis,

Oh I am going to fight it,I will probley look into a legal rep. My son helped me complete the appeal papers, so may that will help...

Thanks Rob,

Sometimes I get on a roll and don't know when to stop when it comes to ranting... It helps to get it off the brain...

we will see what happens, went down to the medicade office today to see if they could help, those people are crazy but maybe I can get that. I am trying that all that counts right now...

I guess it is just a wait and see situation

Grime
08-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Lea,
I've never had to go for SS disability all I know is how little I know about the VA disability system.

I have a Vet Rep that takes care of all the paper work. The VA sent me a packet of papers to fill out. I took them to him and he throw out 90% of them. I signed the rest and sent them in. Now I have another packet of papers to fill out. I'll take them to him and again he will throw out 90% of them. They are trying to trick you with un needed information. Hoping you will make a mistake. It could be something as simple as not dotting an i. They will send it back to you and you don't know why.

I'm sure you son is a very smart person but you really need someone that knows the system to do battle for you.

Spanglishqueen
08-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Yes Leann don't worry usually most first time cases always get denied and 99% of them are also filed without an Attorney. SS guidelines are very rigid and you need an attorney who knows what and how to say. Most SS attorneys only get paid a percentage of your benefit so it won't cost you anything. Don't despair I know you'll be okay. I'm helping my dad with his this is his 3rd appeal and now I'm representing him so hopefully it'll go better for him. So get an Attorney ASAP so they can enter their appearance soon. File the appeal to save the deadline then an Attorney can take over from there. Good Luck!

kducks
08-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Keep your head up Leann! Like everyone said, they deny you the first time around just to deny you. I doubt they even read any of the paperwork. They just want people to give up and go away. Some people probably do, thinking that's it. Keep fighting though, and try not to let them get you down. It took me three times and hiring a SS lawyer and they finally settled the day before it was supposed to go before the judge. I was 19 at the time and they were fighting tooth and nail to keep me from getting anything. Let us know if you need help with anything some of us have been there and done that before. Good luck!!

ButterflyRN
08-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I am currently gathering info for disability too! I do know that they almost as everyone said 99.9% of the time deny you the first go round!

It's so much work you have to put into and then when they deny you it's frustrating. My friends father was denied 3 times before they finally gave it to him!

Hang in there!