PDA

View Full Version : Color changing nails

Spanglishqueen
08-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi guys,

No I'm not getting my nails DID :lmao: I have noticed my nails change colors the 2 major changes I've seen are completely white nails...which I read up on and means liver or kidney dysfunction. And White with red either on top or bottom .which I read up on and means liver or kidney dysfunction and anemia or connective tissue disorder. Just curious if anyone else has this especially during flares or when first diagnosed. Right now I've only been diagnosed with Sjorgens and Lupus is still a top runner that has not been ruled out.

crmj1183
08-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Spanglishqueen,

My middle finger on my right hand has this brownish colored nail, I though it was fungus because the nail is very thick and its actully lifted a little. So I went online look up nail fungus and one of the little remedies was soaking your finger in vinegar, well I did that and all of this puss like stuff kep running out for like hours, then the brownish stuff wen away but it returns from time to time, I wonder what it is..... Im scared now:shocked::shocked:

Chriss

Spanglishqueen
08-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Yeah that's weird. Well it seems like its some sort of infection since the vinegar worked a little. But since it didn't go away go to the Doc. How's school?

mountaindreamer
08-17-2009, 07:51 AM
back in 1996 when my lupus returned and i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, my nails on my two big toes lifted away from the skin and actually bent leaving a crease in each nail....sometimes this is really painful, but mostly just ugly looking.

my fingers (under my nails) gets white at times....i just thought is was the raynauds....wonder what else this beastly disease can do to us.

leaann
08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
hi everyone,

My nails on my hands are a brownish color the dr said that it was from amenia(sp) now the nails on my feet you can't cut them with a chain saw they are so thick, it's crazy... I hate my toe nails... my toe nails have always been like this since I was a kid... I guess I never thought that my toe nails could be the link behind other issues...

hope everyone is doing good...

Delphinia981
08-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Raynauds can make your fingers white...I'd ask your rheumy just to be safe!!