PDA

View Full Version : Dr's visit today- Rituxan working!

ButterflyRN
08-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Hello everyone! Well I went to the doctor's today and it shows that the Rituxan is working!
My random urine for Protein went from 213 last week to 73 this week! They are also measuring my CD19 and CD 20 counts (specific lymphocyte markers which the Rituxan is targeting) and my CD 19 before treatment was at 48 % and CD 20 was 0%. After the treatment CD 19 is 0% and CD 20 0%! 0% is what they want! They will give the treatment 6-8 weeks to work and they if my CD 19/20 counts are starting to climb again then I may get another treatment. Less is more right now to decrease side effects!

I also actually lost 9 lbs of fluid in one week! Thank goodness. My SOB the last couple of days has gotten better and they were able to decrease the lasix! Also my prednisone was lowered from 40mg a day to 20mg a day for the next couple weeks until I see my doc again!

Finally some good news! Also, they got the complete final report back on my kidney biopsy and the nephritis is active but it was caught soon enough that the scarring/damage has not advanced any further then from my previous nephritis flare/biopsy results! So yeah!

I still have the swelling but in time is should continue to get better! Just an annoyance and a long road!

mountaindreamer
08-11-2009, 07:27 PM
wow butterfly rn,

you have just made my day....what incredible news you got today...you should put a star on your calendar for today.

congratulations...you have fought so hard and for so long, and finally, something is going right.

thank you so much for sharing this good news with us....i hope you have peaceful sleep tonight.

abbasgirl
08-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Woo hoo! Let's celebrate!

:fest42:

Wow, that's a lot of good news, Butterfly!

I will keep your recovery in my prayers, sweetie. (((((Hugs)))))

ButterflyRN
08-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Thank you mountaindreamer and abbasgirl! It was great news to hear finally! Now I just need to get this swelling in my left leg to stop because it's becoming painful at times....especially today!

Jewelz
08-12-2009, 08:44 PM
This is awesome! So happy for you! :yes:

happy dance:laugh:happy dance!

Angel Oliver
08-13-2009, 05:14 AM
:fam21:Oh what fab news!! So happy for you and glad to hear good news.Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Love Amanda.xxxxxxx

ButterflyRN
08-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Ok so now that I started to have good news I find out today that I have 3 blood clots in my left leg. It started yesterday I had so much pain and pressure in my leg and walking from yesterday and now today has become so painful. Called the doc, they did a doppler and there they were. i have one in calf, behinde my knee and on the side of my thigh! Great right...so now I am on coumadin and lovenox injections for the next few days. I tell ya I can't win for losing! I'll be happy when this pressure just lets up...it's uncomfortable! Ugg!

abbasgirl
08-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Oh Butterfly...(((((((Hugs))))). Drat!

I'm praying about it specifically sweetie. Please keep us posted.

mountaindreamer
08-15-2009, 12:55 PM
oh, butterfly,

i am so sorry. I had to take the lovenox injections....they really suck. Did your dr. tell you to always rotate the injection spot? Also, do you know to expect bruising? I am sure you already knew these, but i just wanted to make sure.

I am so glad that you called your dr.....just another example of us postponing getting medical attention because we are afraid it is just another lupus thing, and it is just going to cost us money and time to be told this.

I hope your swelling is going down, and that your pain is giving you a break.

crmj1183
08-16-2009, 09:09 PM
This is awesome news Butterflyrn Im so happy for you Im actually dancing , lol
Continue to get well and Ill keep u in my prayers

Chriss

ButterflyRN
08-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Phyllis- I have been rotating the lovenox injections. One more shot to go tonight and I'm done thank goodness!

Chriss- thanks for the prayers! I can use all that I can get!

mountaindreamer
08-17-2009, 05:06 PM
hi butterfly rn,

has your pain subsided any?

mountaindreamer
08-17-2009, 05:16 PM
hi butterfly rn,

you can ignore my last question...i just saw your post on another thread. Glad the pain is a little better....i hope the support stockings help even more.

ButterflyRN
08-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Phyllis my pain is a little better but not resolved yet. The compression stocking helps a little but it's just light compression. I went to a pharmacy that sells them and the pharmacist helped me pick out a thigh high panty hose compression stocking. It just feels a little tight on my thigh where the elastic banding is. Not sure if I need a bigger one or not and not sure if they will let me exchange it...they weren't cheap so if I can't exchange it I might just have to deal with it.

mountaindreamer
08-18-2009, 06:49 AM
hi butterfly,

so glad the pain is a little better, i hope it improves with each day. I wonder if you could wash the stockings and stretch the thigh area while it dries....i wonder if this will loosen up some of the tightness.

ButterflyRN
08-18-2009, 06:58 AM
That's an idea! If anything I may just put a small cut in them. The elastic is like a typical thigh high panty hose with the latex dots all on the inside. They leave a great impression in my leg...LOL!