PDA

View Full Version : Monthly cycle?

snewberry
08-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone!

I have noticed as I journal that about 2 weeks before my period my flare symptoms start up. Pretty consistantly. First the migraines, then the shooting pains down one side or the other. Bladder problems, feels like my funny bone is being hit over and over. Teehee, not funny though:) This is an issue I will bring up with my Doc. Just wondering if anyone has noticed this? So basically I have about one symptom free week a month if Im lucky. Anyone else?

stephlovespeter_xo
08-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey!

Yes, I have noticed this too. I suffer from Polycystic Ovarian Disease as well so I find the muscle pains, and the joint pains really start to get bad before my period. Could be the PCOS, could be the Lupus (not officially diagnosed yet). Who knows! Please keep us posted, it would be interesting to know what your doctor says.

snewberry
08-10-2009, 04:48 PM
I will definately! I have incredibly pain on my right lower abdomine as well. Went to the hospital once and they said it was systs. They did nothing for me though, saying they normally take car of themselves. Whatever, so the suffering continues. Good news is at the time I had state run health care. Now I have signed up with my hubbys awesome insurance through work, so in a few weeks, I will get better care. I will keep you informed.

elleinod
08-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Snewberry,

I can set my symptom clock by my monthly cycle! About a week out, I am hit hard, then it tapers off a bit as my period comes to an end. I am going to see my Dr on the 31st and I plan to bring this up. I will post what she has to say.

Elleinod

chas
08-11-2009, 02:03 AM
I think that it is hormone related, that eostrogen is the trigger. At least that is what I read, is it true that after menopause - symptoms can lessen?

Angel Oliver
08-11-2009, 05:13 AM
Ive been watching this thread as i too have a few problems.Never really thought about that much,but yes i am very depressed lately and cry and hurt more,but never really thought it was related....so i read this thread and wonder. I will pay more attention to my body just to see.Thanks for asking the question and letting me be more aware.
I also so hope your get help and mention this to your doctor,ask him the question cause maybe he will be able to help you.
Love Amanda.xxxxxxx

snewberry
08-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Snewberry,

I can set my symptom clock by my monthly cycle! About a week out, I am hit hard, then it tapers off a bit as my period comes to an end. I am going to see my Dr on the 31st and I plan to bring this up. I will post what she has to say.

Elleinod

I just have to say....it is soooo cool to come on here and get so much response and understanding! My hands are soooo broken out right now I look like elephant man! 2 weeks before my cycle....the list continues, but I so appreciate the feedback. It is hard to find understanding around you, from spouses to family. I thank God I found this sight...

debbie-b
08-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I think that it is hormone related, that eostrogen is the trigger. At least that is what I read, is it true that after menopause - symptoms can lessen?

I am sorry to tell you, that I was diagnosed when I started menopause. It has been almost three years and I flare sometimes two, three weeks out of the month. I had no periods in about four years. My rheumy told me that older people usually get it worse, because they might have been going undiagnosed for a long time. And the way I am going, I am afraid he might be right. So I guess, it all depends. But I hope it all comes true for all you young women and you get better after menopause.

Debbie