PDA

View Full Version : Want to go to the County Fair

DrinkofWtr
08-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Well the Ventura County Fair is back again. I am looking forward to going next week. They are going to have a lot of Country Western Singers there this year. Didn't get to go last year, so it will be nice to go this year. Are others of you going to go to your County Fair? If so, what do you enjoy doing or seeing when you are there?

Angel Oliver
08-10-2009, 10:02 AM
oh wow sounds fab you enjoy it.

love Amanda.xxxxx

BettyBoop
08-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Drink,

Venutra Co fair? That is where we moved from to Illinois 22 years ago. Loved it there, just too expensive. We always loved the fair. I especially like the funnel cakes and curly fries, you know the big paper plate full of them. UMMMM

SandyR
08-10-2009, 04:47 PM
there are tons of church fairs around here, San Genero feast probably being the best known, but the county fair stinks. I used to go to the York Fair in college and that was lots of fun. Just writing this is making me smell cotton candy and funnel cake and hot dogs. Have a great time!

DrinkofWtr
08-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I like to go to the horticultural hall to see the flowers that win ribbons. I also like to go and see the animals, especially the sheep and rabbits. I like the food too, especially the kettle corn and the funnel cakes.

Delphinia981
08-11-2009, 12:48 PM
I went to the county Peach Festival when I was up in NJ visiting my in-laws a few weeks ago. They had the cutest bunny there in the history of the world...it was just 100% fluff!!

We got to eat tons of peach EVERYTHING, see some equestrian events, a birds of prey show, and Annie had her first pony ride!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2329896&id=677728300

ButterflyRN
08-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I missed mine because of my hospitalization! I really wanted to go and get some cotton candy and a carmel apple....yummy! I like to see the farm animals too! I'm such an animal lover! Hopefully another fair will pop up around here so I can get my cotton candy and carmel apple....lol!

mountaindreamer
08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
i don't have plans to attend the fair (they won't be here for a couple of months), but i am taking my daughter, Lisa, to the Paul McCartney concert for her birthday this weekend....it is outside in this huge park, so i am a little concerned about my ability to handle the outdoor elements, but i am sure going to try....will be sooooo much fun.

Delphinia981
08-11-2009, 07:24 PM
OMG, you are going to Piedmont for the concert?? JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mountaindreamer
08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
yes,,,,i can't believe it. What a dream come true, and the tickets were only 80.00 each...i could not resist with that price.

i am concerned, because no umbrellas, chairs, coolers, water bottles, or bags are allowed....i will just have to lather down with sun block, wear my cover-everything clothes, and just sit on the grass when i get tired....but it will be worth it.

DrinkofWtr
08-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Dear Betty Boob:

I used to live in Illinois when I was a child until I was 12 years old. My family then moved to California. I lived in Lockport, just above Joliet, near Chicago.