PDA

View Full Version : Think I just turned vampire

Spanglishqueen
08-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Well today is the first day I think I feel sick from the sun.:hissyfit: I am the biggest sun worshiper in the world, IT's NOT FAIR! Looking Puerto Rican all year round in New Hampshire is not easy to do :tongue2: So anyway I went out for a 1.5 hour walk with my dogs yesterday a flat hiking trail and we ended up in the dog park it was a beautiful sunny day mid 80's. Today I woke up and feel completely exhausted like a truck backed up and is still parked on my chest. I can only think it's the sun because I was not extremely active usually I'm able to do at least 3 swim classes and 1 rollerderby practice before feeling like this.

Angel Oliver
08-09-2009, 09:57 AM
(Angel walks in with garlic round her neck)......Im so sorry to hear you are sick and its cause of the sun.Its so sad as i too love to be out in the sun,i get little rashes but i dont think as yet ive noticed how sick i get with the sun as each day i feel rough with something,i'll have to pay more attention.
You just get some rest and i so hope soon you feel a little better.

Love n gentle hugs
Amanda.xxxxxxxx

ButterflyRN
08-09-2009, 11:57 AM
The sun makes me sick too....sorry to hear it's just now affecting you! I had to grow up with not being able to go out and play as a child with everyone in the sun and now can't even get a tan! In the end I know it's better for me with less risk of skin cancer! But it sucks! I told my husband when the day comes and I am on my death bed that he is to put me in a tanning bed so I can go out with a tan....LOL!

I hope you feel better soon!

Spanglishqueen
08-09-2009, 01:17 PM
That's funny death bead is the tanning bed :laugh: I do have some red spots but since I'm pretty tan its hard to tell but I know it's not normal for me although docs and hubby just think its sun burn or red skin. Today I noticed my forearms were really blotchy and my cheeks look like I have rocasia or very very small acne. T he fatigue is what's killing me. Oh well guess I better buy sunblock, because the dogs will have their outings :tongue2: Why does this disease like to target stubborn folks :laugh: Think Rheumy is gonna put me back on plaquenil at end of month maybe that will help.

Danica01
08-09-2009, 06:14 PM
You make me giggle :-) I hate that we are unable to enjoy the activities in the sun. It really does seem so unfair when you think of all the other issues we deal with on a daily basis! Boooooooooooo hooooooooooooo :hissyfit: Hang in there and it will get better!!! I am sending you lots of healing thoughts and gentle hugs :hug:

BettyBoop
08-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I too have a terrible reaction to the sun. But rheumy told me that since I don't have the lupus rash now, I probable don't have lupus ( among other things). Even thought I told her I don't go out in the sun since having it. And....we have a beautiful, huge, in-ground pool that I can only go skinny dipping in...ooopppsss...LOL

SandyR
08-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm hearing you on that PR thing! Saturday someone said to me that I look so pale. I was like, gee, thanks! At least I am not swollen and sick and rashy. :nah: All my friends now how much I love the sun and the summer time and this is actually the first summer where I am in most days. Not liking it :nah:, but I know it's for the best, so I guess we'll be vampires together.

abbasgirl
08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm in that club too. This is my second summer and the sensitivity is worse this year. All it takes is a little and I break out and it makes my pain symptoms worse. I appreciate the rainy days much more than I used to.

Going out of this world with a tan is so funny. lol.

MsHutch
08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I hear you B...I am not really a sun worshipper, but am an outdoors type person. Doc told me I should become a night person, and we laughed about being a lady of the evening, lol!!!

Anyone ever heard "Oh my gosh, you got too much sun!". I'm so tired of hearing that! I wear my sunblock, and my hat, and my long sleeves, but sometimes, it just doesn't matter. Is it the sun? I think not, since the redness is not hot and burning....just red...and ugly!!! How do you handle it when it's winter and there's no sun?