PDA

View Full Version : I feel so confused and lost!!!!!! HELP

butterfly11
08-06-2005, 04:58 PM
:?
I was diagnosed with sle july 2004 and for the past 3 months I have been feeling really confused, depressed, and sometimes i feel like i'm stupid. I just feel real LOST. Is it just me or what? I feel i have changed mentally with this disease. Why do i feel so stupid right now? [/b]

Chrislupuslady
08-06-2005, 11:21 PM
its not stupid....its just such a shock to be told you have an illness !
it will take time...i was dx in 1978....and sometimes i find it hard...after all this time...
:?

Quickmelt
08-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi butterfly11!

It's alright to feel stupid, I sometimes feel that way too & I've been diagnosed with SLE almost four years ago. I still feel lost, confused, bitter, lonely, depressed and sometimes furious. Its really difficult to bear a sickness like this when everything seems to be unknown but let's keep the faith that somehow will get rid of this sickness or at least feel better with it. :)

Mitch
08-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi butterfly11!

I think I can relate to your feeling "Lost". I used to explain it as they say and "out of body" experience feels. Like life continues to go on around you and you are just on the outside looking in - or in a dream. I really hate that feeling. I just think it takes time to process it all. I just felt that maybe my mind was a little preoccupied trying to figure all of this out that it made me a little absent minded. I noticed I had to consentrate on focusing a little bit more. I think that just has to do with being worried. Worry must take up a lot of space in our brains or something! I'm quite new here, too - it really seems like a nice place! Hang in there - I think the first year is probably the most trying - As I get older, I can't believe how many of my mom's sayings I now use, so I quote my mom "Better days are coming!"

Mitch

hatlady
08-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi Butterfly11!

I understand your feelings as well. I'll go through phases where I feel like all I say is "HUH?" Because whatever I've just heard doesn't quite get through. I blame it on "lupus fog" and old age (menopause?) but sometimes I think i tis just the world moving too fast. We live a faster pace than our parents, and it is hard to keep up with.

Try taking a step back, a deep breath, and ask whoever's talking "wait, I'm sorry but could you repeat that, I think I missed something." Sometimes I want to say "WAIT! My ears don't work that fast!"

And remember - life at a slower pace is beautiful - you see more of the detail. I am in the north, but once worked with a woman from Georgia who spoke soooo slooowlyy that I wanted to finish all her sentences. After a while I learned that if I just slowed down and listened, I loved the pace of her speech - I could absorb, I could really take it in.

Hugs dear.