PDA

View Full Version : Losing strength!!!!

dassar RN
08-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi everyone,
I am writing today with tears in my eyes and suffering from the debilitating nature of this disease. It is very difficult to post something right now as I feel as if I am complaining. I know that the journey with this lupus has been a difficult one for everyone but I just don't have the strength to do it alone. I feel that I need my family as they are thousands of miles away. I have tried to be strong to get through this alone without them having to worry but this illness has taken me to places that I have never been both physically and mentally.
I have tried many strategies to cope but today nothing seems to be working. If anyone can understand the pain and unhappiness that I am going through please tell me as I feel very frustrated.
I am usually a very independent person and this has brought me almost to the point of feeling insufficient as a human being.

I am sorry but it is hard to type and see between the tears.
Thank you for your support.

Dassar RN

lucky7
08-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Oh DEAR SWEET DASSAR, i am so SORRY for your pain right now:no: I UNDERSTAND SOOOO MUCH. I too have these days, that is normal,unfortunately. You need to distract yourself with something that is going to HELP you get through this moment. I KNOW its HARD BUT, the POWER OF THE MIND is AMAZING. WE HAVE to CHANGE what WE are TELLING OURSELVES in our own MINDS because that is so DAMAGING to us. Tell yourself THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what you just typed hun. SERIOUSLY, if you HAVE to write it down over and over again then do that. Then you need a GOOD BOOK to help you and/or a good movie and/or show that makes your spirits feel lifted. Look outside at all of the activity in your yard, take in what the birds are doing,get binoculars to see them closer. Get a favorite snack (low sugar and try to stay organic) to munch on as you read or watch your TV. I am saying this from my OWN experiences with this disease,so please KNOW that I TRUELY CARE and i TRUELY UNDERSTAND. ALSO, WE are HERE for you. WE WONT LEAVE YOU,we might not be able to be there in person BUT we will DO WHAT WE CAN. Please be careful with your thoughts and your words to yourself sweetie,YOU DESERVE BETTER THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF. YOU ARE WORTH IT. I also just bought a book about Buddhism,this is a very PEACEFUL BOOK, if you arent in the mood for a book like that then get a book about a WHOLE other WORLD it can take you to. I like VAMPIRE books! WOO HOO to the love from a vampire!!! Try it! Please be well and im sending you gentle hugs XXXXXXX

debbie-b
08-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Hi everyone,
I am writing today with tears in my eyes and suffering from the debilitating nature of this disease. It is very difficult to post something right now as I feel as if I am complaining. I know that the journey with this lupus has been a difficult one for everyone but I just don't have the strength to do it alone. I feel that I need my family as they are thousands of miles away. I have tried to be strong to get through this alone without them having to worry but this illness has taken me to places that I have never been both physically and mentally.
I have tried many strategies to cope but today nothing seems to be working. If anyone can understand the pain and unhappiness that I am going through please tell me as I feel very frustrated.
I am usually a very independent person and this has brought me almost to the point of feeling insufficient as a human being.

I am sorry but it is hard to type and see between the tears.
Thank you for your support.

Dassar RN

Ohh sweetheart, I am sorry you feel so badly. Some days are just worse than others and I too have the feeling sometimes, that I can't go on like this anymore, but than comes a day along and I actually feel a little better. I just told my husband, that I can't remember what it feels like, to be completely pain free. On a pain scale of 1-10, I am a 6 most of the time and a 10 some of the time. So I fully understand how you feel and it is frustrating, but you will have better days.
You said your family lives far away, but do you have anybody that is close to you?
I hope that you will feel better and if you need to talk, we are here for you.

Debbie

Angel Oliver
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh please know we are right with you,and you are not alone.Im so sad to think of you there crying and feel your pain.You are NOT complaining at all...you are going through pain and stress,its so lonely when you feel noone understands.You are not doing it alone you have everyone of us here.You can not see us but we all are gathered round you in your home right this moment.You have come this far,so that tells me we are dealing with a very strong person,you may not feel it right now,but wow what a long way to come in so much pain.Well done on what you have done so far.Many of us here used to be just like you.All have good jobs,holidays,cars,friends,always active and very good social lives.Now for example me,spend my days in my room,curtains shut,lay on my bed.Friends have gone,some have stayed but not very close really any more,they have their own lives.I have suffered badly lately with depression also.Now i share my life living at my Mams...i do nothing now often really.I lie on the bed in pain with one thing or another.BUT i do try,i come here for ideas,for support and it helps.So for a start you have done good.We are all here for you.Now n always.Slowly as this thread gets longer,you will gather love n support and that in itself will make you feel better inside.We will give advice,in time you will use it.For now,rest,know you have allot of people here thinking of you.One day you will not feel as sad as today..it will pass.
Love n gentle hugs
Amanda.xxxxx

lucky7
08-07-2009, 06:38 PM
AWWW, how SWEETLY said Amanda:cute: Very well put:yes: